Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hairy, Xhairy + XXhairy skins for red-headed males, 3 body mesh sizes

by Jwilson5 Posted 13th Jan 2007 at 7:04 PM - Updated 20th Jan 2007 at 4:16 PM by Jwilson5 : Added mid skintone

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 6:36 AM
These is nice. Is there any chance for other hair colors as well?
Scholar
#3 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 1:15 PM
These are good, thank you
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 5:53 PM
These look really great ;-)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 8:08 PM Last edited by kaneonapua : 14th Jan 2007 at 8:22 PM.
I am glad you put these up here. They are my favorite skins for redheads! I am just loving it. :lovestruc

Natural Redhead Project: Go Red, Naturally
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
These is nice. Is there any chance for other hair colors as well?

Yes, I will probably do others. Although I use AllenABQ's hair transparencies I also modify and add my own hair patterns also. This tends to take longer to produce skins. So be patience and if there is a particular hair + skintone combination you are interested in I could try to produce it.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jwilson5
Yes, I will probably do others. Although I use AllenABQ's hair transparencies I also modify and add my own hair patterns also. This tends to take longer to produce skins. So be patience and if there is a particular hair + skintone combination you are interested in I could try to produce it.

Thanks, Although I really basically only use SimCribbling skintones (and my own furry skintones, of course :P)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 6:48 PM
Have you given any thought to XXX-hairy?

If you aren't sick of red hair at this point, I would love to see a red on a somewhat darker skin. Many of the carriers of the "redhead" gene (just one, not two) don't have red hair and they can tan. The guys often have red beards and body hair.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaneonapua
Have you given any thought to XXX-hairy?

If you aren't sick of red hair at this point, I would love to see a red on a somewhat darker skin. Many of the carriers of the "redhead" gene (just one, not two) don't have red hair and they can tan. The guys often have red beards and body hair.

XXXhairy is too scary...............
I will make you some hairy reds in a mid skintone, hows that? Tan might be too dark for the hair to show up properly but I checked them on mid and it looked good.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 12:33 AM Last edited by kaneonapua : 21st Jan 2007 at 12:35 AM.
Sounds great! I forgot just how tan, the tan skins are.

I was still holding out for Sasquatch. Guess I'll have to check out emino's furry skins. His Firefox should do the trick.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 4:19 PM

I was still holding out for Sasquatch. Guess I'll have to check out emino's furry skins. Her Firefox should do the trick.

Added hairy red on mid skin tone for normal maxis males per Kaneonapua's request. Sorry, no Sasquatch skin.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 4:44 PM

I was still holding out for Sasquatch. Guess I'll have to check out emino's furry skins. Her Firefox should do the trick.

HIS. not HER :P. I'm a dude.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 12:34 AM Last edited by kaneonapua : 21st Jan 2007 at 1:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by emino
HIS. not HER :P. I'm a dude.

I stand corrected Emino! I do like the Firefox for really red and hairy sims.

Jwilson5, thank you for the mid skintone! It is the shade I actually had in mind and it is quite attractive for the darker redheads men and brunette's with red body hair.

Scholar
#14 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 5:57 AM Last edited by summersong86 : 21st Jan 2007 at 6:50 AM.
What are your terms of use for these and the dark-haired skins? The reason I'm asking is these bodies might look great for some celebrity Sims I have in development and would like to upload eventually, but I would need to use my own facial textures so I can keep the celebrity resemblance. I can completely understand if you can't permit any alterations even with credit/linkback because these are already an incorporation with another artist's work, so don't feel bad saying so. In fact I kind of expect to hear no. But just thought I would ask.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
What are your terms of use for these and the dark-haired skins? The reason I'm asking is these bodies might look great for some celebrity Sims I have in development and would like to upload eventually, but I would need to use my own facial textures so I can keep the celebrity resemblance. I can completely understand if you can't permit any alterations even with credit/linkback because these are already an incorporation with another artist's work, so don't feel bad saying so. In fact I kind of expect to hear no. But just thought I would ask.

Both Louis and AllenABQ have given permission for their works to be used freely with credit given. I have taken their works and combined them to create something new but I give credit to them for providing the base works. Most folks who use these modified skins to create sims just link back to my thread. This way folks can go to my thread and see all the credit links for both the original artists. They did superb work and deserve acknowledgement.

You can use them as you wish, however, please no pay sites as our works are for a free sim community. Credit would be nice.
Scholar
#16 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 10:53 PM
Okay, thanks so much. If I use these skins on a Sim I upload, I will definitely link back to the thread where I downloaded the skin from, or to your MTS2 profile if you should ever remove the thread. I only upload to this community. If I let my sims be redistributed I specify that any content not exclusively mine needs to be stripped off or redistributed according to the TOS of the artist who created it. Of course, there are always a few who don't listen to anything any of us say. Sigh...

Anyway, thanks again. These are superb. You've done a marvelous job combining the elements of the other artists into a creation that is much needed and appreciated!

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
Anyway, thanks again. These are superb. You've done a marvelous job combining the elements of the other artists into a creation that is much needed and appreciated!

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, it means alot coming from someone as experienced and talented at making skins as you are.
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 1:56 AM
The link to mesh not working...
Test Subject
#19 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 5:38 PM
Default ><
Quote: Originally posted by Marek
The link to mesh not working...

I know... T.T I really wanted to download this...