Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Realistic Skintones: Default Replacements

by elau Posted 20th Jan 2007 at 12:03 AM - Updated 22nd Jan 2007 at 3:43 PM by elau

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 6:37 AM
Very nice! These are realistic, but not showy and extreme, but they haven't lost the sim feeling. Love!
Scholar
#3 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 8:16 AM
Absolutely beautiful! There are now so many wonderful and exciting skins to use in our games and all different kinds and styles. What an exciting time to be playing this game!

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 8:55 AM
I've been looking for a "sim"-like skin but a little push up around the breasts (XD). A skin like this, actually. Thank you for this skin (and making them defaults ^_-)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 11:37 AM
I love it, thanks elau!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 11:59 AM Last edited by phantomgremlock : 20th Jan 2007 at 12:05 PM.
The lightest skin is perfect
The tanned skin should be the color of the dark skin
The darker skin should be darker yet.
The darkest skin is perfect.

By the way, it's just an observation but are you implying racism? Or fantasy? Why not post why you did them this way please? I clearly see you omitted the skin for people of Philippino, East Indian, SriLankin, North American Indian.
Sorry, I'm not calling you a racist, I just don't know why you would make 3 shades of caucasian skin colors and 1 very dark skin. thats my observation.

Also did you match them according to the Maxis skin colors? It would look pretty odd if the sims had foreheads a different color. I have seen people do the exact thing you just did and default sims showing up with unmatched forehead colors, LOL!

1 last question, do they have privates or are they bare like barbi dolls?

-Have a great day, keep up the great work. ^^
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 2:12 PM
I like them just the way they are. Thank you for making a default set!

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 2:32 PM
Love em,but one question:
When you select a custom skin tone,you can't change the face,and if you can you can only change it to the face that was made with the custom skin tone.There are Maxis faces,and faces I've downloaded that are very beautiful that I don't want to lose forever! So if I download these,do the faces disappear since they are custom skins?
~RHR

In memory of my two ducklings I got for my last birthday that disapeared one after another(in the night...creepy, huh?)I will sign each post with ~RHR :duck: :duck:
http://www.Pennytips.4t.com
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 9:41 PM
gorgeous, are these female only?
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 12:37 AM
O_O Some people are rude..
Anyways, thank you for uploading these to MTS2, Elau.
Everyone loves your creations, and are saddened by you ending your site.
It will always remain my favorite by far. =)
Field Researcher
#11 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 6:16 AM
I really like them though they *are* a bit fair, but I tend to use light skincolours anyway (and I'm half african, before anybody can call me a rasist) ....but if I replace the defaults, I'd like to know what the males look like? Will they just be maxis standard? If so, could you make the downloads non-replacing?

~~like a dirty dog
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 8:58 AM
I tested those in my game yesterday and must say they are some of the most beautiful skin replacements I have come across, especially since they as stated above keep a bit of that Maxis look.

As for the shade of white/black I think you did a great job. It can't be helped Maxis only did four skin colours to begin with, can it?

Anyhow, the only thing I noticed in my game is that the lips, at least on the pale skin, are rather grey, affecting the makeup to look greyish too. But then, maxis is the same.
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 9:39 PM
delonariel, Elau already made a non-default version ^^

Elau I'm so sorry to hear that you will be closing down your site, I will really miss your work. Thankyou for uploading your work here at mts2.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 8:12 AM Last edited by elau : 22nd Jan 2007 at 8:18 AM.
Thank you very much guys.. for all the great words about my works but, most of all, for the kind messages about the closing down of SIMply elau. Thank you! :-)

phantomgremlock: I've only added a lighting effect to the original maxis textures. No racism, no fantasy.. only a realistic effect in some body parts.
These skintones are in the "barbie" version

RedHotRosie: yes, I suggest you to download the normal version of this skintone. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=216259

Tekku: yes, female only.

delonariel: the male skintone looks like the maxis one. The non-replacing skintones are here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=216259
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 1:09 AM
I love your skintones! I was wondering where you found your models' underwear? It's great, not too showy for when your sims don't feel like vamps.. Is it up for download? thank you! ^.^
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:51 AM
They a great!Thanks a lot Elau!

"Thanks to all wonderful people,who make beatiful creations and make my game better!"
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 2:20 AM
These are really great. :]
They're realistic but not too shiny or bony like some people make them.

As for the idea that Elau is racist, that's just rediculous. Just because the skintones she made weren't the kind you were looking for doesn't mean you have to critizise someone like that.

And i'm sorry to hear that your site got shut down. It was one of my favorites. But i'm glad to see you're uploading you're work here. :]
Scholar
#18 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 11:18 PM
i was wondering can you make these avalable for males to?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 15th May 2007 at 9:20 PM
I've had the non-default versions in my game for a while and I loved them so much, I decieded to come back and download the defaults xD
Thanks elau, and I was really sad about the closing of your site But I'm glad your work's here as well

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
This is how long I spend playing The Sims 2
Wow, my head stopped my body from getting really hurt on that! Johnny Knoxville
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 12:28 AM
They're lovely skins Elau! It's nice that my sims don't look like a plastic toy. lol Great job.

Also, to imply that someone is racist because they designed skins to fit their needs and didn't read your mind like a god to make exactly what YOU wanted instead... is overstepping yourself.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 11:41 AM
i like cheese! oh and BTW awesome skins!

"All You Need Is Love" - John Lennon on June 25, 1967
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 5:54 AM
I Like The Vast Majority Of Your Creations But Little Things Get To Me So The Fact That The Collar Bone And Up Is A Different Colour Than The Rest Of The Skin.
Don't Get Me Wrong I LOVE Heaps Of Your Stuff But My Sims Looked Unusual With Shirts That Have A Low Collar On Because They Have A Sort Of 'Sunburn' Look With An Ovious Line.
Sorry To Anyone That Noticed It Then....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 9:01 PM
thank you guys.. ! :-) <3

LickingRabbit, I'm sorry to hear about it... but I don't view any "collar" in my game or in bodyshop o__O

www.simplyelau.it
RIPPLE: save the world one click at a time.
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 4:15 AM
these are GORGEOUS skins. i adore them!

but i agree with sim~obsessor, is there any way that you could make these defaulted for males too? that would just make it perfect!
Instructor
#25 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 5:30 AM
phantomgremlock put it in a rude way, but I would also like it if the two midtone skins were a bit darker. Perhaps you might consider doing a set of defaults like that in the future? I love your skintones and it would be really cool if maybe next time, you did a darker version of the last three skins. Just my two cents.

Thank you for these lovely skins!
Page 1 of 2