Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Espresso and Coffee Makers not on counters only

by Marhis Posted 23rd Jan 2007 at 6:28 PM - Updated 1st Feb 2007 at 11:37 PM by Marhis : links addeed

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 8:08 PM
I will test this, I have found myself trying to put those machines at tables and being annoyed when I couldn't. You seem to have put a lot of work to this and everything is well explained - thank you!

I'll come back if I notice any weirdness.

-Berg

My 100% free site Carnaby Sims
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 1:58 AM
waiting for so long..ill download n test it..Thanks Marhis!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 6:51 PM
I rarely put expresso makers in the kitchen and counters look so tacky in other parts of the house. This is one of those mods that have been needed for a very long time.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 5:26 PM
oh! TA Ive wanted this for AGES! Will try it out immediatly
Field Researcher
#6 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 7:55 PM
FYI: If you already have coffee and/or expresso makers in your houses and then install this mod, the maker cannot be moved from the counter to a table. But if you sell your expresso maker and buy a new one it will work in all the new places.

This is working great in my game now that I figured that out.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 9:34 PM
Thanks, magicmoon, I've forgot to add this tidbit in my post, I'll do now.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 4:22 AM
After using this mod successfully for several days, I patched my Pets expansion and started a new hood. But now I am getting Invalid routing slot specified errors every time a Sim tries to use an espresso machine that is not on a counter. I sold and re-bought the espresso machine even though it was sitting just fine on the end table, but that didn't stop the errors.

The Hack scanner shows no hacks as conflicting. Could you take a look at the error log to see if you can tell what is wrong?

I had a lot of these error logs, so I chose one that occured while it was sitting on a Maxis end table.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N005_t11870.rar (12.0 KB, 22 downloads)

Field Researcher
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 9:27 AM
I have the exact same problem as magicmoon. It was working fine when I ran Pets unpatched. But after I installed new Pets patch and Seasons, a Sim jumps out of espresso machine/coffee maker on an end table.

I've read your journal post that you're already working on updating your MODs to Seasons. Please update this MOD as well when you have time. Thanks in advance.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 9:47 AM
please, an update for AL and Mansion?.... and for smart milk too....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 8:33 PM
Oh wow, I'm really sorry, I completely forgot to update this mod :/.
I'll see what I can do as soon as possible.
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 7:17 AM
Thanks a bunch!! This is exactly what I need. You saved my (caffeine-addicted) Sims miles of needless walk back & forth to the dining room / kitchen (as it would be weird to put counters in the living room). Once again thanks, really appreciate it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 8:23 PM
Thank you ! :)