Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Career - SeeD [Working on chance cards.]

by redeeminglionheart Posted 1st Feb 2007 at 2:00 AM - Updated 3rd Feb 2007 at 5:01 PM by redeeminglionheart

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 2:28 AM
Just one question..... What does SeeD stand for?

Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, it is measured by the moments that take our breath away.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skiingiggy
Just one question..... What does SeeD stand for?

It's a Final Fantasy 8 thingy. By the way, can you associate the formal SeeD uniforms as well? I remember making this career for Sims 1 complete with uniforms... *sigh* the good old days :D.
Instructor
#4 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 7:11 PM
You say you've made it hard, but we need more than that. I need to know more before I download please. What are the levels, pays, and general skills required? Any custom outfits? Custom reward? Custom clothes/Cars?

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 10:10 PM Last edited by redeeminglionheart : 2nd Feb 2007 at 5:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Cheeseisgood
You say you've made it hard, but we need more than that. I need to know more before I download please. What are the levels, pays, and general skills required? Any custom outfits? Custom reward? Custom clothes/Cars?

Right, Pay is somewhat generous. Since I've made it somewhat hard for the person to be promoted, however... No friends are needed [Squall, Go figure.] and No, nothing custom yet. I'm rather new to this, so it's just a basic career.

Skills

Level 1: Logic 1, Body 1, Charisma 1, Mechanical 1.
Level 2: Logic 2, Body 2, Charisma 2, Mechanical 2.
[Skipping down...]
Level 5: Cleaning 1, Logic 5, Body 5, Charisma 5, Mechanical 5, Cooking 1

Should be pretty clear from there.

Once again, no custom things -yet-. Once I learn, I'll update and upload.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 10:43 PM Last edited by Pontiac1979 : 1st Feb 2007 at 10:59 PM. Reason: emphasize word
Quote: Originally posted by Cheeseisgood

Gee whiz, redeeminglionheart, I've put off building a Beatles Legacy Career for my Beatles Major for the same reasons Cheeseisgood cited. A career making it to MTS2 should have an exhaustive set of Chance cards (m/f) as well as levels, at a minimum for their standards. I'm hoping for input for custom clothes and vehicles from the Beatles-fans out there, if I'm going to produce a Career worth downloading. Sorry, but it's true.....whiterider had a good requirements thread for Majors, also......
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 10:59 PM
Meh, I had a few Chance cards set up, but I soon gave up after 4. I ran out of ideas. No point in leaving it half done. And once again, I'm new at this, hence I'm learning how to do this. However, I will take in your critique
Instructor
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 1:08 AM
Haha god damn man I remember that game! Still my all time favourite. I don't download alot of mods but I gotta check this out
Instructor
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by redeeminglionheart
Skills

Level 1: Logic 1, Body 1, Charisma 1, Mechanical 1.
Level 2: Logic 2, Body 2, Charisma 2, Mechanical 2.
[Skipping down...]
Level 5: Cleaning 5, Logic 5, Body 5, Charisma 5, Mechanical 5, Cooking 1

Should be pretty clear from there.

Nope, sure isn't. Does that mean it has only five levels, or what? And there's no point in [Skipping down...] at all is ther, because we really would like to know the details for ALL the levels, not just a select few. Also regulations state that careers must have a full set of Chance cards, as Pontiac said.

You say there's no point in leaving it half done by doing half the chace cards. Well there's no point in leaving it half done by doing NONE is there? Maybe you should have thought these through and read the guidelines carefully before you uploaded.

I don't mean to nitpick, I'm just one of the many people who want only serious quality uploads here.

Cheese

N.B. You say the pay is "generous". That's not a figure, is it? We can tell it is "generous" by the photos giving the first level at $500.

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 5:01 PM Last edited by redeeminglionheart : 2nd Feb 2007 at 5:08 PM.
Right. How hard is it to use common sense, really? From what I meant on 'Skipping down', it means that it follows the same pattern, until level 5, where I then added the cooking and cleaning. From there, the pattern continues. And I am currently working on Chance cards, FYI. To make a point clear... I wasn't the one who wanted to upload this -yet-. My friends continued to bug me, explaining I should put it on, since they really liked it. Now... I'm not the one pushing you to download this, it's up to you and I really could care less. Now... I've ran through the guidelines and noticed that, however... I've noticed some careers that do not have chance cards. Now, if you're really that bothered by it, why not go 'nitpick' on them. This is just a beta version, hence 'Testers wanted'. Once I finish my chance cards, I'll update and upload.

Edit: To people who don't seem to have much of a problem with this beta version, thanks for all the downloads and messages. Depending how far this goes, I'll post the SeeD cadet major afterwards. Thanks once again, and keep 'em coming!

Edit 2: Fixed the typo on level 5 on my second post [Cleaning has changed from 5 to 1]. Should make more sense. However, is this is still a problem, I'll give in to the common sense-less and give a detailed view on each and every level.
Instructor
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 10:52 AM
Ah! That was the main thing that confused me, where Cleaning came in.

I didn't mean it in a bad way, sorry fi it sounded like that. I do attempt to comment on most "incomplete" careers. but am of course unwilling to dive pages and pages back. It was only "hard to use my common sense" due to the typo with Cleaning. I see now it's corrected.

Right, now you've said, you're going to get them uploaded, that's great! Might I suggest editing your first post though, just to add the information you gave me about the level skill points earlier. Just to make it easier to see.

Anyway, didn't mean to get on your case too much, just wanted this to be the best it could be. And lastly, you say your friends bugged you? Don't succumb to peer pressure! If they like it, they can play it, make sure YOU're sure you like it before you upload!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 4:19 PM Last edited by redeeminglionheart : 3rd Feb 2007 at 4:24 PM.
Meh, It wasn't peer pressure, it was pure annoyance. And 4 out of 7 of them were girls. So you know what happens when you say no to a girl <_< Anyway, I'll edit the first post to make life easier.
Instructor
#13 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by redeeminglionheart
So you know what happens when you say no to a girl

Anyway, I've downloaded and given it a test, and it works fine! Hope to see the chancecards soon! I'll go find someone else to bug

Cheese

Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 11:52 PM
Hah, thanks. And I'll do them ASAP, dealing with some other things right now. Just glad to see that people actually like my stuff.

188 downloads in 3 days, that's pretty damn impressive!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 2:09 AM
Thanks for this, my 7 FF8 sims now have this job. Not a big problem though, but I noticed when I locked Quistis' job as a scientist, the icon changed from the scientist icon to SeeD. But the job still appears in the computer/newspaper though, I just found it to be pretty weird.

thank you. I haven't gotten a chance to actually have my sims go to work yet, but once I get the chance it should be fun. Thank you.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#16 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 12:05 PM
Cold we have information on the job titles please?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 5:07 AM
Hey thanks for this, my Squall is going to love it <3

woot
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 6:03 AM
Does this overide any of the current careers?
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 4:45 AM
Um, when i downloaded this all my sims with the science career were overrided with the SeeD career. Is that ment to happen?

~Enjoy the Rest of your Life~
Me + Internet Domination = -Insert Evil laugh here-
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 10:38 AM
WOOT! So downloading this. All I need now are the SeeD Outfits. :'D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 6:11 PM
Thank You
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 12:00 AM