Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mundane Objects #1: Buyable Maxis Trashcan

by Trotsky Posted 4th Feb 2007 at 1:42 AM - Updated 16th Dec 2008 at 4:27 PM by -Maylin-

8 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts
Theorist
#2 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 1:18 AM
I appreciate that you have taken the plunge into uploading (something I haven't dared to do yet). But there is already a buyable and fully functional trashcan that Oceanangel2you posted here at MTS2 over a year ago. It comes up right away with Search Forums via Google. kitanazworld made 14 recolours for it here.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 2:27 AM
windkeeper has also done it I'm pretty sure!..

I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die,So let me live my life the way I want to!.-J.Hendrix
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 2:42 AM
good first effort!
Instructor
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 9:19 AM
It is always possible to remake something even if you don't know it was done before.
Good that you wish to learn. To place objects without the need of "move_objects on" you just add a line in the "Init" bhav changing flag 2 to "player can move it"
2B 00 02 00 00 09 03 07
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 4:12 AM
Great Job for your first mod.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 6:34 AM
Can this be used to replace the trashcan that comes in a residential lot to be used for example when I want to rezone a Community Lot into a Residential Lot?

~DidaDragonfly~
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 10:52 AM
Can this be used as a decorative object?
can I have more than one on one lot?

and thank you
by the way :D
Field Researcher
#9 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 10:15 PM
Ah, yes, I remember the search for a trashcan a couple of years ago. One of my families had their trashcan vanish without a trace. It was annoying. In order to keep the lot from getting over run with trash I had to keep selling the trashcans. I was able to find one on another site along with a buyable mailbox, but good job on making your own. I admire people who actually do this. I've never tried to mod anything.