Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Easy dragable gutters!

by frillen Posted 12th Feb 2007 at 6:03 PM - Updated 9th Feb 2009 at 12:01 PM by frillen

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 6:17 PM
I look forward to trying these...I used other gutters before, but they were tedious to place. Thanks for sharing!

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 6:51 PM
Thank you Frillen! :D

Love it
Space Pony
#4 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 7:24 PM
Yeah, thank you !

SHOPxADDICTED

Like to see more, click here !
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 7:38 PM
A great way of making gutters! Thanks!

AKA DocRossim
More content here
Find my artwork here
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 8:54 PM
Thank you so much for sharing, Frillen!

Everything I ever created is FREE for use. Use it as you wish, you can even include the CC with your lots. If you want to give credit please link to http://www.elitesimbuilders.com/.
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 8:59 PM
Wow. You know, this is the sort of thing Maxis should have put in the game, but are probably too lazy... This is really going to add some realism to my houses. Thanks

If we control our sims, then who controls us?
Space Pony
#8 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 10:43 PM
Nice, looks great.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 10:45 PM
Thank you, this is really a splendid idea!!!
hexameter
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 2:19 AM
Coolio!
Test Subject
#11 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 2:28 AM
You are my hero. I've downloaded all the other versions of guttering, and placing them is time consuming and sometimes tricky.

And these even do diagonal!!

-Q->
Sköt Looney
Mad Poster
#12 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 6:41 AM
mmm, so there can be 2 versions for the drain? one for capful and one with an invisible higher cap?

Thanks for the useful draggable gutter...it's easier to make gutters like that...
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 7:45 AM
Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#14 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 1:47 PM
Wow am amazed, thanks for coming up with such a genius solution to gutter placement.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 4:55 AM
Oh, frillen! Fantastic job!

"Use it in a house & upload your house to any site as long this object is a part of your lot!"

WOW! I love you! Thank you very much!

Alia vel Margierytka
Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 11:26 AM
Perfect as always! -Cant wait to try it out!

Danske friller simmer bare bedst! :D
Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 7:17 PM
I was going to download a gutter system for my houses, but there were way too many files... they looked like a pain to place too. Yours were just what I was looking for

Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 3:20 AM
I like this. I have tried other gutters before but a) they are tedious to place and b) they don't go down with the walls. I think since yours are actually on the same level as the roof they shouldn't show when the walls are down, right? Very cool :D

When the kids on the street say
What's your problem girl?
And the weight of their smile gets too much for you to bare
When they all make you feel like you're a problem girl
Remember
You're no problem at all
-Rob Thomas "Problem Girl"
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd May 2007 at 3:54 PM
the best yet keep up the good work

funney250 i makes homes for request so just ask
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 11:20 AM
Is there any way to have the ends only have the dividers instead of every section? Other fences can have end columns (whatever)...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eep
Is there any way to have the ends only have the dividers instead of every section? Other fences can have end columns (whatever)...
The problem with the end columns of fences is that they aren't rotated when a fence is dragged in different directions, so the end caps would stay at the same angle no matter the angle of the fence - So this not a solution

Life's a game, so let's play!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 2:25 AM
Huh? I'm not talking about angles but the gutter ENDCAPS. Also, the gutters tend to overlap way too much--it's like each tile contains 2 tiles of gutter instead of the correct 1 tile gutter. Screwy...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eep
Huh? I'm not talking about angles but the gutter ENDCAPS. Also, the gutters tend to overlap way too much--it's like each tile contains 2 tiles of gutter instead of the correct 1 tile gutter. Screwy...

I did mention that there are some disadvantages to these dragable gutters!
Each section is infact 2 tiles long, half a tile on each side, I had to do this since roofs sticks half a tile out from walls

Life's a game, so let's play!
Test Subject
#24 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 8:39 AM
Thanks a lot! Great work. I'm wondering where you found that nice cedar-shingled roof (from the preview images)... is it from an EP, or custom? Thanks again for the CC.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 6:35 PM
Very good work,thank you.
Page 1 of 2