Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

1950 Ford Pickup

by Dr Pixel Posted 15th Feb 2007 at 11:29 PM - Updated 26th Dec 2008 at 4:56 PM by Dr Pixel

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 11:34 PM
its looks a little too big? is it normal?
anyway nice work thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 11:41 PM
Wowie Wow Wow Wow! Thanks Dr. Pixel!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 11:42 PM
Thanks Dr. Pixel, I love your other trucks and I like this 50's style one. My son just saw the photo's of them (he's 12 yr) and said that they look like the trucks in the Playstation 2 game Destroy All Humans. So you hit it right on the head.
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 11:52 PM
Great work, thx sharing this with the community!

A Taylor
Like cars do you?... if you do come to sims2carsource.net always welcome new members!
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Theoneandonly
its looks a little too big? is it normal?

It is sized to fit the in-game pickup. Otherwise the animations wouldn't work right.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 12:04 AM
AWESOME! I love you!

nothing beautiful is ever perfect
Scholar
#8 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 12:06 AM
You've done another amazing creation Dr P! Keep up the amazing work and thanks so much
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 12:25 AM
I must say, that is pretty damn cool. *Downloads*

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. =D
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 12:31 AM
you've done it again! i love it! thank you so much for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 12:32 AM
VERY AWESOME. thanks for sharing:D

I’m falling down and fifteen thousand people scream
They were all begging for your dream
I’m falling down, five thousand houses burning down
No one is gonna save this town
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 12:36 AM
Thanks Heaps this will be awesome for my farming families when seasons comes out!
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 1:22 AM
Thank you so much I love old trucks and this is awsome, would love to see more old trucks including Chevys.

You can know someone preciously in a moment of honesty, Than ever you can in a lifetime of lies...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 1:27 AM
Goodnight John-Boy,Goodnight Mary-Ellen.....Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 1:42 AM
This is great. Thank you
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 1:55 AM
Boy do I wish I could do somethin like that lol, I tried following your tutorial on object meshing at TSR, the boombox one and well yeah, it was old and i guess somethin happened to all the tutorial pictures so I wasnt able to finish, and it was coming along good too! lol Are there any new object meshing tutorials using Milkshape? But your tutorial was really nice, wouldve been great if any of the pics were there! lol
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#17 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 2:09 AM
Ahahaha! I LOVE IT!!! Can I make a recolor and small modification request? I'd like to add this to our future theme item for the pow-wow set. I need an 'exactly this model' - "One-Eyed-Ford" Rusty-red, Knock out one headlight, bailing wire holding the door closed. wire coat hanger for the antanea. Put a mess-bustle and some Elk antlers on the radiator grill, throw a stripe-y blanket over the hood on top of that place some fancy horse harness - stand a couple of guys up in the bed - they're dressed in traditional outfits and let them toss candy to the kids and you got your parade lead! :0)

Gosh.. I wish I had the picture... The house ate it. It's from one of the pow-wows here a few years ago. Won first prize! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 2:15 AM
Would you believe this is basically the truck I drove as a high schooler (and for those of you who are trying to count candles on the cake -- it was ancient when I was driving it, so quit asking your neighbor to take off his shoes.) I have lots of fond memories of that truck. Mine was a sort of creamy, oxidized yellow color.

Thanks for the pleasant memories. Maybe I'll have my sims relive my youth -- though of course they will do it better.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 2:20 AM
This is unbelievably beyond beautiful! Man, I can't believe it's not featured. Thank you SO much for sharing your time and creativity with the rest of us!
Instructor
#20 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 3:05 AM
Wow really amazing. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! It's really great!
Well I was looking for something similar for my 50's story.
It's a pity it is too big. Is it very difficult to make it smaller?
I find many custom cars are too big in scale so I suppose it is...
But, nevermind, it's still a masterpiece. Thank you again!

/Lisen
Scholar
#21 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 4:06 AM
Oh My God
This looks so damn great! The mesh and all the recolors, Excellent work!!
Alchemist
#22 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 4:21 AM
I love the blue one.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 5:58 AM
Oh my god. I have been looking for a truck just like this... a '52 Model, but this is close enough.
Thank you so much, it's gorgeous!!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 11:14 AM
Wow, Dr. P, you did it again! Just what my game needs -- more classics! Got too many sports & luxury cars as it is!

Like a flea circus at a dog show!
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 1:41 PM
Great job. I have a '55 ford one ton and it looks just like your twotone .And even in real life these trucks look big coming down the road. Thank you
Page 1 of 2