Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

MTS2 EXCLUSIVE-Non Default Recolorable Pet collar

by Paleoanth and Wes_h Posted 18th Feb 2007 at 7:26 AM - Updated 19th Feb 2007 at 6:22 AM by Paleoanth and Wes_h : added nondefault info

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Greatest Dad Ever
#2 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 4:07 PM
These are awsome as most of the collars that came with the game are a little too "pretty" for me to use ...A man and his dog need some manly collars and now i can make some of my own !!!

Since you guys figured this out i wonder if it is possible to change coat shapes and coat colors ?????
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 5:47 PM
Wow, it went up! Great job guys, and thank you so much for letting me test it and make some recolors!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 8:12 PM
These are great! I wanted some plain, solid-color collars, and thanks to you, there are some.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 10:24 PM
Can these be made invisible? I cannot stand how stupid a collar looks on a dog (in this game) with a fluffy neck. It gets unrealistically huge when it would normally sink under the fur and not be visible at all.

I hope pfish reads this and remembers when I PM'd her and then later apologized. Is it possible now?! pant pant beg?
Instructor
#6 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 3:56 AM Last edited by Paleoanth : 19th Feb 2007 at 5:46 AM. Reason: changed the word collar to buckle
Yes, they can be made invisible. I just made one, however the buckle still shows. Since the package does not contain the information to adjust the buckle texture, the buckle shows up without a visible collar.

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 11:30 AM
Oh my god, I LOVE YOU. I've been waiting for something like this for SO long. I was thinking about it the other day because I was very irritated that I couldn't find a normal RED collar, no hearts, stars, horse shoes, clover or blue moons, no, I just wanted a PLAIN on. But apparently maxis doesn't like things simple. THANKYOU SO MUCH. :D
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 2:45 PM
this is wonderful, thanks!

you're all a bunch of nerds like me <3
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 3:34 PM
This can be a nice subject to study... even without Pets!
Thanks a bunch...
Alchemist
#10 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by niol
This can be a nice subject to study... even without Pets!
Thanks a bunch...

I had some limited success (limited because of laziness) with using the same linking method to add a coat color to the game (as a non-replacement item). I believe that face templates and some other CAS items that are currently only used as replacement mods can be made to be recognized by the game using the "three key" method.

I write a blurb about this in the advanced modding discussion forum. While that covered the collar specifically, the basic method appears to be the way these were flagged to CAS since the base game.

<* Wes *>
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 4:23 AM
Can someone make some jeweled/diamond collars with this? I am awful at making stuff.
Instructor
#12 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 9:08 PM
I am actually currently working on a diamond set. I am not that good at texturing myself so it is taking some time.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 1:36 AM
I cannot believe this was never featured. Thank you so much for an awesome addition to the game!
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alkaloid
I cannot believe this was never featured. Thank you so much for an awesome addition to the game!

Indeed, it's the first time i see it and it's a shame i missed it! Now i might do those collars i wanted!

Thanks wesh and Paleoanth, this is awesome!!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Field Researcher
#15 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 8:26 PM
This is a terrific download! Thanks a bunch!

I see the link for the "buy at home" pet collars is to a deleted thread...any chance you can tell me where I can find another hack like that?

-ZW

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Instructor
#16 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 12:53 AM
Thanks!

You can check at the Sims 2 graveyard, which is down right now, but should be up soon-

http://files.sims2graveyard.com/christianlov/

Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 3:51 AM
ok I would download but your text is really confusing.. :/
plus, I don't know how to recolor pet stuff since I don't use the Pets bodyshop, I use later (AL) bodyshops....
Ugh. I THOUGHT people would have made a pink diamond collar for cats. Apparently not.

ENTJ
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 8:29 PM
YES! thank u so much! :3 ppl need to make more pet collars :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 10:51 AM
Помогите!ПОчему ссылки не рабочие??