Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cafe Shutters - Indoor Window Coverings - New Meshes

by khakidoo Posted 28th Feb 2007 at 6:44 AM - Updated 21st Mar 2007 at 10:09 PM by khakidoo

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 8:30 AM
I absolutely love these. I have plantation shutters on my real windows (they go up all the way unlike your cafe ones) and have been waiting for a sims version. I see on your page you say do whatever people want to your stuff- does this apply to offering the meshes with recolors on free sites too?

For movies, fashions, recolors and hack, visit http://decorgal.com
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 8:30 AM
Woa it's totally nice !! Nice idea and thanks for making them !
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 8:56 AM
I was actually thinking the other day if anybody had made these. So thank you, they'll be really useful.
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 9:41 AM
love your shutters! what's great about it is that they can be attached to some maxis windows. it would be doubly great if u could also make them fit too for the other windows and also in full length size . . .
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 10:15 AM
Thanks you guys

decorgal - Yep you can include the mesh with any recolors... credit's nice but not required and maybe let me know where they are so's I can go download them

fidodi - I do plan on making some more of these... just wanted to get this first batch uploaded...

Subtle In Spades
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 11:48 AM
I was just thinking about creating shutters like this last night! But now I won't, I will download and use yours. Thank you - these are really good.
Inventor
#8 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 2:04 PM
Pretty! I'm not going to download just right now, but I've filed a note in my brain [ I tend to uninstall CC when I first install new EPs, just to see the new stuff with less stuff cluttering it ] These will be awesome for a cafe.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 3:20 PM
Thank you so much, they will be great for a new house I am making!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 3:53 PM
Oh wow, I never thought about making this! These are great. Downloading now. Love them. WHat a good idea.

If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, then what about an empty desk?

My stuff may be used in uploads if 1. Credit is given, 2. link to my page provided. Happy simming!
McAlli's page
Forum Resident
#11 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 5:14 PM
These are just brilliant! Thanks for sharing.

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Instructor
#12 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 5:33 PM
Me too,just last week!
Quote: Originally posted by m3lani3
I was actually thinking the other day if anybody had made these. So thank you, they'll be really useful.

:lovestruc THANK YOU! :lovestruc

"S"
V^^^^V

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! ©"
Field Researcher
#13 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 7:32 PM
I love these! But I'll keep checking this thread and wait to see if eventually the automatic diagonal version gets added later. They really look great!
Alchemist
#14 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 8:26 PM
Great set, Khakidoo, very useful and simply beautyful. You're one of those loved creators here on MTS who work hard (with fun too!) and give us a present almost every day ... thank you forever! Kiss and ciao.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 9:39 PM
Khaki, these are really great! I have been waiting for someone to make them, so thank you for being the one to do it!

When one must, one can.
Yiddish Proverb
Field Researcher
#16 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 12:08 AM
very nice, well done and put togehther.

An Epic Victorian Saga unlike any ever made for the Sims 2. Jane Toland, an idealist woman struggles in the pious society that disdains her.

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 2:23 AM
Brilliant work! You are a talent. Thank you for sharing.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 11:19 PM
Thanks everybody and I want to let you all know that you can clone this mesh if you know how to do that stuff and rework it to fit other windows and stuff... I wish it was simpler to modify them for all the different windows - then I could just whip them out in a snap ... but as those of you who are familiar with the process know, it's a whole lot of constant click-click-clicking ... so if you have a favorite set of CC windows that you wish these would fit, feel free to rework the mesh to fit them...
Just please let me know where I can go get them , and maybe gimme a bit of credit

Subtle In Spades
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 5:11 PM
These are really fantastic...so much versatile than curtains & drapes...I would love to see more variation in window coverings, i.e. pleated, cellular shades...wish I had the talent. Thanx so much for these!
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 8:26 PM
Thanks for these, I love them.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 7:24 AM
Brilliant! Thank you very much... Fantastic idea!

Alia vel Margierytka
Field Researcher
#22 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 1:49 PM
Very lovely! Thanks so much!

--green

It's a neighborhood legacy
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 12:53 AM
Yes, yes, thank you for creating these shutters, exactly what was needed for so many of my sim houses!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 10:18 AM
These are just awesome, Thanks
Field Researcher
#25 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 3:32 PM
Wow These are great! I have couple houses they will be perfect for. Thank you!