Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 7:52 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game says that I uninstalled Pets..... but I didn't!
Ok, so when i get to the neighborhoods screen it gives me a pop up that says that I have uninstalled Pets (I didn't) and if i continue it will delete all Pets in the neighborhoods.... what do i do?

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 9:10 AM
Default same thing here 2...how disappointing...
the same thing has happened to me...i thought it was something i did so i uninstalled everything...and reinstalled from scrach and now it says i have uninstalled nightlife??? i hope someone can help us out
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 11:11 AM
okie i think i might have figured it out...which took so many dawg hours of my time but whatever pack that isn't working in my case nightlife...insert that cd and you will pop up install and even if its installed reinstall over it...make sure ur downloads and anything u want saved isn't in your reg folder just in case and once it completes put in the seasons cd and run and tada it worked!!!! i don't know if this is a real fix but it does fix it for now!!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:25 PM
nope that doesn't work cause all i get is a message telling me that i'm running the wrong expansion pack and then it tells me to put in the Seasons disk

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:28 PM
hmm well i did reinstall everything from the start again and i made sure to clean out the registry files from the games 2...try doing that and keep anything you want to save on ur desktop and move it over once u reinstall again...and try it again...thats what worked for me...i know it takes a long time but in the end its worth it...i must have spent 7 hours fixing mine...hope you can get it to work and if it says that ur still missing try seeing if what i said before will work...goodluck
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:57 PM
This is happening to me too. Later today I will try a complete uninstall to let you all know what happens. Question--I used the EALink to get some expansion and stuff packs. If I uninstall them, I'll be able to re-install them through EALink without paying again, right?

EDIT: I e-mailed EA about this a few days ago, and I just got my reply. They said that there are probably corrupted gamefiles, so I will need to do a complete re-install. I guess you will have to do one too. Good luck.
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 2:23 PM
This happened to me too, and funny enough it happened the moment I had installed Life Stories. Have you installed Life Stories too? It was strange my game files became corrupt the moment I installed Life Stories. I had to reinstall all the expansion packs again, twice.

Be careful if you actually use the uninstaller for any of them. It deletes "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\" and it never warned me that it was going to.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 3:20 PM
This has happened to me, and I don't have life stories, I just have all the packs. This is so annoying, I really really don't want to have to reinstall

I'm bringing sexy back - do you do refunds?

:: Garden Of Shadows ::
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 7:59 PM
This happened to me also. I just reinstalled what it said I didn't have, then put in the Seasons disk and then all Hell broke loose...

hey-ho, back to the drawing board.
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 4:40 PM
Did anyone fix theirs? I'm still having this problem after a complete re-install.
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 8:21 PM
Grrrrr... I'm having the same problems! I uninstalled Seasons and Pets, but now it won't let me reload Pets.

Any suggestions???
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 6:24 AM
So here's what EA says to do:

As to the issue that you are experiencing, please again try to uninstall everygthing from your PC following the manual uninstall instructions that were previously sent to you. When reinstalling the games, please try to install them in this order: (disregard any expansion packs that you do not have)

Sims 2
Sims 2 Seasons
Sims 2 Open For Business
Sims 2 Pets
Sims 2 University
Sims 2 Nightlife
Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff
Sims 2 Glamour Life

As to the issue about reinstalling Pets, please try these following steps:

*Try to install the patch for the game. This will update your game, and the installation may no longer ask for the 4th disc at the end of the installation of the expansions. The patch can be found in this article:

Title: Latest patch for The Sims 2
URL: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cf...ated=1103144791

Download and install the patch for the game and also for any expansion that you have already installed. After installing the patch, try installing the Pets expansion again.

*Try to end any processes running the background and also delete your Temp files before trying to install the game again:

Try cleaning out your Temporary directory. Do not delete the folder itself, open the folder, select all of the contents, and then delete them. Often you will get an error that some of these files can't be deleted. This is usually because they are currently in use, so first let's end any program that would be using these temporary files.

· Hold down the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys at the same time
· Click the "Processes" tab.
· Click on the gray bar in the middle column that says User Name to sort by user name.
· Do NOT select anything for SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, or NETWORK SERVICE.
· Click on anything besides EXPLORER and TASKMGR for this User Name or other user names.
· Click on END PROCESS
· Repeat these steps until only explorer.exe and taskmgr.exe are open for this user profile.

Note that some applications may take multiple times before closing. Don't worry that you are permanently changing your system configuration; these applications will return when you restart your system. Once this step has been completed, please proceed to the steps below.

Click on Start then click on Run
Type in the word TEMP, then click on OK
A window should pop-up with some files and folders
Delete everything that you can inside this window.
Close out the window after this.
Click again on Start and then on Run
This time type in %TEMP%, then click on OK
Delete again everything that you can from the window that will pop-up
After that, Empty Recycle Bin

Please note that I haven't tried this for myself yet, so I don't know if it really works.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#13 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 8:25 AM
The same thing happened to me. It turns out I'd forgotten to uninstall CEP. Dunno if that was the actual problem, but I uninstalled CEP, then uninstalled Seasons and Pets. Then I reinstalled Pets, put back my neighborhood backup files that I'd made before installing Seasons, then installed Seasons. Now it works great. :D
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enchantress101
Did anyone fix theirs? I'm still having this problem after a complete re-install.

Nope - I'm still have the worst problems with it (and I have done a complete reinstall)
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#15 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 2:59 AM
First, have you made sure to uninstall CEP as Fanseelamb suggests? Also, when you've tried doing a reinstall are you doing a 'clean install' where you've manually deleted the registry keys as per the intructions in this faq? http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=139059

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
The same thing happened to me. It turns out I'd forgotten to uninstall CEP. Dunno if that was the actual problem, but I uninstalled CEP, then uninstalled Seasons and Pets. Then I reinstalled Pets, put back my neighborhood backup files that I'd made before installing Seasons, then installed Seasons. Now it works great. :D

THANK YOU. It worked! Finally.
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 7:29 PM Last edited by Jerry123 : 19th Mar 2007 at 7:11 PM.
I have the same problem, with Pets. I never had CEP, btw.

I tried to move the whole Sims 2 folder out of my documents and then tried running Seasons again, and it loaded fine. Though when I clicked a neighborhood and loaded it, the Pets button at the top left was greyed out.

I'll try to completely uninstall the game and then install in the order EA recomended above. After that I'll install all update patches again. I'll edit this post with the results (or post a new one if someone replied) later today or otherwise tomorrow (it's now half past seven PM here, and one of my favourite TV programs is on today, so maybe I'll have to install some EPs tomorrow after school ;p)

EDIT: okay, you'll have to wait for my result ;p my PC crashed again (it happened a few months back too, but somehow it fixed itself or so) and I have just sent it to a computer store for repair. I'm on an old computer now, which doesn't really run Sims 2 smoothly, so I'll just have to get a life or something for now

Anyway, I wonder what's so important about that installation order. AFAIK it's not the release order...
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 11:21 PM
Yeah I had the same problem with pets so I did what I thought I should and reinstalled it. and now it works
Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 6:00 PM Last edited by Jerry123 : 23rd Mar 2007 at 7:33 PM.
got my computer back yesterday, now finishing the reinstall

now, which one's next? XD

oh, and just in case... do you guys install the Sims 2 into their default folders or into custom folders? I put my games all in one folder (with their own subfolders of course)...

EDIT: kay, I'm done installing (didn't install the updates just yet, first trying to start the game normally and check if all buttons are available) and stuff is working as it should. Made a system restore point just in case, and now going to install the updates from the Sims 2 update page.