Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Aluminum siding-new texture-35 colors! *Updated 3/23*

by JLonier Posted 7th Mar 2007 at 3:08 PM - Updated 8th Apr 2007 at 3:30 PM by JLonier

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 8:21 PM
I will certainly thank you. I prefer to use siding on my houses since that's what you see MOST of the time in real life. In lue of actual siding pieces you can put on your house, these look very realistic

When the kids on the street say
What's your problem girl?
And the weight of their smile gets too much for you to bare
When they all make you feel like you're a problem girl
Remember
You're no problem at all
-Rob Thomas "Problem Girl"
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 8:41 PM
Oooh, very nice, thank you! I will DEFINITELY use these. In fact, they may be on my next lot

nothing beautiful is ever perfect
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 8:48 PM
Shades of black through white are generally known as grayscale, FYI.

The textures on this and your other siding look really good.
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 9:32 PM
I love them! One of my favorite things to download are wallpaper for the sims 2. Thanks.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 11:28 PM
mmm I love siding

Subtle In Spades
Greatest Dad Ever
#7 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 1:22 AM
these are awsome i cant get enough siding for my simmie houses !!!!!

your ratio downloads to thanks isnt that bad i have 193,000 downloads and only 2660 thanks there are quite a few people who really dont appreciate the time it takes to make stuff for here !
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 6:50 AM
Greyscale, thank you. I would probably have realized that if I weren't a bit fuddled with pain meds at the the time, but not remembering was driving me crazy so thank you!

Thank you for the feedback!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 5:43 PM
Thanks so much for these. I downloaded these yesterday and they look fantastic in the game, especially in neighborhood view the colors are brilliant! A wee problem tho.....the brown and blue variety both showed up as alot of yellow vinyl.....the rest work great so I dunno what's wrong

Mene Sakkhet Urseveh
Live Long, and Prosper
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 7:27 PM Last edited by JLonier : 9th Mar 2007 at 8:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by maskeysims
Thanks so much for these. I downloaded these yesterday and they look fantastic in the game, especially in neighborhood view the colors are brilliant! A wee problem tho.....the brown and blue variety both showed up as alot of yellow vinyl.....the rest work great so I dunno what's wrong

Darn, ok. I'm sorry. I don't know what happened. Give me a bit to back out of the game and re-do them. I just got my copy of Seasons and am itching to play! But, I'll fix this first of course. I appreciate very much your letting me know, thank you!

EDIT: Ok, it's fixed. I had to package the files directly out of homecrafter because there was something wrong with the original files. I know it's a nuisance to double click lots of files so I'll fix it again tomorrow. It's getting late here though and I want to play Seasons a little bit before I call it quits. In the interim download The Sims 2 File Maid here http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/project...aid/index2.html if you (I mean that generally) really can't tolerate double clicking or using clean installer.

PS EDIT: I'm glad you like them! It may sound silly, but it's such a relief to hear they look good in someone else's game. Which is why feedback is so important.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 2:19 PM
There is a prob with the green. Numbers 1-4 are all the same shade-number 1! I have 4 number 1 and 1 number 5 in my game. I looked at your file and numbers 1-4 are all exactly same.
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 3:05 PM
P!x!3Dust, thank you. I fixed it. I wish I knew what happened.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 2:09 PM
JLonier, I love these sidings! I just used one of the blue ones and it absolutely looks gorgeous! You do such great work and I appreciate all the work that goes into it.

Hope your pain has eased up by now - - NoRealLife2

house featuring your siding

I was going to start eating all natural foods, until I heard of all these people dying of natural causes.
My other favorite website, www.SimSafe2.com, I'm Petunia Mae Witherbottom there.
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NoRealLife2
JLonier, I love these sidings! I just used one of the blue ones and it absolutely looks gorgeous! You do such great work and I appreciate all the work that goes into it.

Hope your pain has eased up by now - - NoRealLife2

house featuring your siding

Thanks NRL2! And thank you for the link to house you uploaded! I haven't even used my own stuff in an upload yet!

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Scholar
#15 Old 24th May 2009 at 4:43 AM
Thanks! I really needed these :D