Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New siding-textured vinyl siding-in 35 colors! *Updated*

by JLonier Posted 7th Mar 2007 at 4:08 PM - Updated 9th Mar 2007 at 11:39 AM by JLonier

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 8:29 PM
I like these. Do you think you can do some in Camouflage? And some in Orange. I don't see much orange around and i'm a man of the Military. Thanx
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 8:44 PM
These are really nice. I hate most of the siding that came with the game, so I think these'll be a much better improvement.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 9:07 PM
Oh, dear. And here pink and purple are two of my favorite colors!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 9:44 PM
These are lovely. I appreciate you taking the time to upload them for us! I tend to "work through the pain!" too.. happy healing! <3
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 10:02 PM
This rocks! Thank you.

If you look down all your life you can not see if something is going to hit you in the head.
Greatest Dad Ever
#7 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 1:25 AM
these are even better than the aluminum siding i just downloaded from you ...I love the actual wood texture you were able to achieve ...I installed vinyl siding for over 15 years and you nailed it with the textures !!!!!!!

Thanks !!!!
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 5:37 AM
These look terrific in the pictures, and I really would love to use them...but I'm getting some strange results. I unzip the files and they appear to be just fine, i.e., 30 files, all with different names. However, in the Clean Installer, I have 1 copy each of blackish and dark red, 2 copies of blue#3, 13 copies of celery, 6 copies of lighter blue, and 7 copies of lighter yellow--same GUID for each file in the "set" and the preview image shows these colors rather than the full range of 30. I've downloaded and unzipped and checked twice, and I'm not having trouble with any other files, so I'm wondering if somehow the files were mis-named. No one else has said anything, so I'm a bit worried that I've gone insane and am imagining the entire thing, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway.

And, fwiw, I love pink and purple houses, provided the color is greyed down a bit
Space Pony
#9 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 6:15 AM
Wonderful. I always need more variety in siding.
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 6:47 AM
jadin, I see what you mean. Do they show up in your game? I've got a few things I have to do first this morning (get breakfast, lunches, and kids to school) but as soon as I get back I'll re-package the files and test them and we'll go from there. Thank you for letting me know!

I'll see about some oranges... but camo really? I can't make any promises, but I'll give it a go.

I love pink and purple too just not for exteriors.

And thanks for the great feed back.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 8:30 PM
These are perfect, and what's more, I found them while I was thinking of making a house with this style of siding!
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tigmomx4
these are even better than the aluminum siding i just downloaded from you ...I love the actual wood texture you were able to achieve ...I installed vinyl siding for over 15 years and you nailed it with the textures !!!!!!!

Thanks !!!!

I'm so glad you like it and that you caught it! I'm learning tig, I tell ya I'm learning!

Aside from this all being a learning process I think siding really is neglected texture wise in the game. I've got a set of half cove (as well as half round, round, mitered, and octagonal) siding all set to go... but they're totally without texture so I'm at an impasse on those for now. I am also working on a textured vertical vinyl siding so stay tuned. And thank you!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 2:13 PM
Hey, its you! No wander your name is familiar, i use your walls a lot in my game

Marjorie Dawes: Dust. Anybody? No? High in fat, low in fat? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust.
Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. It's actually very low in fat. You can have as much dust as you like.
Sims Love to Run with Scissors, Simmers Love to Download.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 22nd May 2008 at 10:44 AM
Perfect! What my simmies are missing. The only problem is... There isn't a zip file for all of the textures

Thanks a lot ^^
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 7:19 AM
No, why would you need zips when I've given you rar's?

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 7:23 AM
about the .rar s. I really don't care, could be a .7z and I would still use it.

You rock! Literally. I just bought a house with siding that looks like this. The color is almost dark brown... but with a tinge of green. I thought it would be ugly, but it is in the shade on the lot, and very pretty brown. Your siding is prefect texture/color of it! Only ours isn't vinyl. They have a new siding out called LAP (I believe) siding. It is cement! Who would have guessed. I am told it is very "green".

Thanks for one more piece of my real house.
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 4:50 AM
Thanks so much! These are great!
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 8:00 PM
Exact siding on my house--this is very cool and well done.