Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster tip jar pick up

by Marhis Posted 11th Mar 2007 at 1:22 PM - Updated 16th Oct 2008 at 6:35 AM by Marhis : Checked for compatibility

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 1:32 PM
Sounds great thank you! I completely agree with you that sad sigh makes me want to punch them in the face at times. I have seasons so I'll post here if I have any problems.
Scholar
#3 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 1:36 PM
Great job! This will definately be a great time saver! It takes so long for them to do their actions if they get no money. Thanks for the cool mod! Keep up the fantastic work. Thanks again!

Have a good one!
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 1:39 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I appreciate this mod so much! With the tip jar still there, you know if they are practicing or performing, but don't have to sit through their pitiful behaviour afterward! Thank you again!

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
and my place of safety." -- Psalm 18:2 (New Living Translation)
Instructor
#5 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 1:42 PM
Thank you so much! The constant shaking an empty jar and moaning drove me absolutely batty! I mean, the jar is empty! Are they blind or just stupid!? My sims tend to love to play music so this will really help!
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 2:47 PM
This is great, I love your description of it too. Tipping is the best way to keep those little simoleons rolling in for fortune aspiration sims but it takes soooo long to get over with. You rule for this.
Instructor
#7 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 5:58 PM
I hear you on the annoyance about it, thanks for this.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 7:28 PM
Great solution to the problem -- thanks!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 7:51 PM
This is great Thank you soo much

I have Seasons and Pets and there seems to be no problems
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 7:54 PM
THANK YOU. One less thing to drive me insane :D
Forum Resident
#11 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 10:36 PM
Thank you!! This is a fine mod!
hexameter
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 5:15 AM
Works exactly as advertised. This is a freaking godsend.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 5:39 AM
Oh, thank you so much! They spend so much time fussing over the tip jar the other actions in their queue would time out ¬_¬

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 7:05 PM
Ahaha, this is my biggest pet-peeve, thanks so much for this! XD
Field Researcher
#15 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 8:29 PM
Aahhhhh..... this is like a satisfaction. I was also completely annoyed by sims' tipping habits /
Thank you very much :D
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 10:01 AM
Thank you so much !
Field Researcher
#17 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 6:21 PM
I can and can't stand the same things you said. Thanks for the solution!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. (Oscar Wilde)
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 7:17 AM
Thanks a lot!! I don't want to stop my Sims from playing autonomously, I just hate that stupid tip jar animation.
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 1:34 AM
I agree to much time spent moaning and groaning about no tips. Thanks
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 6:27 AM
THANK YOU! SO MUCH!!!!! I hate the stupid tip jar animation. You are the best.

I do not upload to MTS2. Since they will not accept my files for whatever reason. To see my models, go here Shan-Chan do not be fooled because it is a freewebs site. I will get a domain name ASAP
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 6:19 PM
Wanted to come back after having installed and used this particular hack and say thank you... but I felt that clicking that little thank you thingy just isn't enough.

You have made a hack which is absolutely one of the most wonderful ever!

And anyone not sure about this one - IT WORKS and it WORKS WELL!!!!! You need this!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#22 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 5:51 AM
I fell in love with you as soon as I saw the title of this thread, dear lord that circus performance of theirs is infuriating, thank you!!!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 11:00 PM
can we say YAY???!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 5:32 PM
Oh, what a great idea ! Thanks for this !
Field Researcher
#25 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 7:37 AM Last edited by Simsane : 15th Apr 2007 at 1:45 AM.
If I understand this correctly, they will still put out the tip jar but afterwards the jar just simply disappears and they will either get money (if someone tipped) or not, but they will no longer moan and groan if there is no money in the jar?

I still want my uni kids to put out the tip jar, so I have never downloaded any hacks that prevent that, but when my sims do it in a house in which they are living alone then they whine about no tips, it just seems idiotic to me. Who did they think was going to tip them?

So, if I am understanding this hack correctly, I would love to download it and say thank you very much, you are a sanity saver!

btw: I have S2, Uni, N/L, OFB and Seasons. No pets or stuff packs. Hope this will work in my game. If it does, I'll try to remember to let you know.

Yep, even though I don't have Pets, this works wonderfully in my game. Thank you again!
Page 1 of 2