Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Idolatry of Foliage - Plantsim Default Replacement

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 13th Mar 2007 at 9:59 AM

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Alchemist
#2 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 7:01 PM
Thank you HP, this one is much better indeed, sometime at Maxis do not take into consideration the looking of several of their default skintones. Love the green tone you used. I don't have any plant sims yet but the ones already in game actually don't look so nice. Thanks again and ciao.
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 7:15 PM
Oh this is great, thank you!
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 7:58 PM
I haven't actually played with a plant sim yet so when I saw this my first thought was, "Yippee! HP has done some digital gardening!" I can never get enough plants for my simmies. I'm a dork. I love these skins though so I'll gladly plonk them down into my skins folder. Thankee.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 8:02 PM
Digital gardening! ROFL, I love that! *changes user title*

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 8:21 PM
Oooh! Love these! Thanks HP! ^^

off topic but: i love your signature XD oblivion owns ^^ *shuts oblivion gate*
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 8:37 PM
I'm so happy to see default replacements being prepared for those awful Maxis skins. Plantsims are my new favorite type to play. I was wondering, does anyone know if someone has made a series of green eyebrows to go with Plantsims yet? I try to pick the right color for my people but all the shades look so weird with green skin.

Thanks for all of your great work, HP. Your Seasons gardening tips post at the forum was a great help to me, too.
Instructor
#8 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 10:21 PM
Too nice! And they match your other skins! YAY!
Thank you muchly

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 12:11 AM
These are simply beautiful! Stupid question.... WHEN do the plant people come into the game? I have 3 lots with gardens... one lot has an excellent garden with the silver award, one has a crappy garden with just a bronze award and dying plants and the other is in the middle.... am I doing something wrong? I want plant people too!!! lol Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KimberlyMarie
WHEN do the plant people come into the game?

You can get plantsims by using a LOT of pesticide
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KimberlyMarie
These are simply beautiful! Stupid question.... WHEN do the plant people come into the game? I have 3 lots with gardens... one lot has an excellent garden with the silver award, one has a crappy garden with just a bronze award and dying plants and the other is in the middle.... am I doing something wrong? I want plant people too!!! lol Thanks!

You can also use wintermuteai's potion to turn your Sim into a Plantsim. I've used it in game and never had any problems.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 5:59 PM
One word, HP. Sexyful. Actually, two words - very sexyful. Keep the work up - it's great! Extraordinarily strange, but great!

Hanging upside down to sleep does not make you cool or alternative - I know, because I've tried it...
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 12:33 AM
Thanks for the replies! I will give it a try!
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 11:11 AM
Oh its beautiful! Now if only I can find the dna of the 'father' that the game uses to spawn plant babies and shoot him. he must be so incredibly ugly. hopefully your skin can improve the dreaded fate of the plant babies.

"Where oh were is REAL lesbian Hair??!@!!!@#$@#$"
-All my lesbian sims thought bubbles when they sleep
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 12:24 PM
Plantsim babies are clones of their parents, suzannah, and like all sim toddlers, are generally as ugly as sin till they grow into their face.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 12:43 AM
Former Incubator of Tiberius
retired moderator
#17 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 2:04 AM
Beautiful skin sweetie. I really love it. I am not fond of the Maxis Plant Sims Skin, though I do know of people that worship it. This is a much better fit, when Remus goes green he will look hot!!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 2:58 AM
wow this is really beautiful thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 2:42 PM
Actually, I read in the maxis sim book something about a universal 'father' dna that is merged with the sim so that they look more plant-ish. thus the pointy ears and ugly long noses and long faces regardless of the dna of the parent sim. and i am seriously considering shooting the jerk for spoiling my beautiful little plant babies.

"Where oh were is REAL lesbian Hair??!@!!!@#$@#$"
-All my lesbian sims thought bubbles when they sleep
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 5:55 PM
This is great! It'll fit in with your defalut skins in my game...You should consider aliens*hint*

Call me a witch again, and i'll wack you with my broomstick and stuff you in my cauldron!
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 10:57 PM Last edited by Wallem : 24th Mar 2007 at 2:22 PM.
Look good ! Will you make a replacement for zombi, werewolf and Aliens too ?

EDIT : Sorry I forgot that you don't accept request ! Sorry
Field Researcher
#22 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 11:57 AM
fantastic work, HP! Though the thing I liked in the Maxis skintone was exactly "weird twiney stuff all over" Looks like I have to decide between those and your realistic skin Thanks, anyway!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 7:21 AM Last edited by AdmiralAeris : 30th Mar 2007 at 7:23 AM. Reason: unclear
Quote: Originally posted by debbycus
fantastic work, HP! Though the thing I liked in the Maxis skintone was exactly "weird twiney stuff all over" Looks like I have to decide between those and your realistic skin Thanks, anyway!

Maybe not anymore, thanks to SaraMK (and if you're comfortable with Bodyshop):

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=41751

A set of vines for skinners.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 8:09 PM
thank you

What about the thousands of wonderful men and women who are fighting this war without any of the credit or the glory that always goes to those lucky few who just happen to get shot?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 1st May 2007 at 6:08 AM
Nice... even though I don't have Seasons... but it still looks good lol!

Love the little elf plant baby!

The real John McCain

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
-Albert Schweitzer
Page 1 of 2