Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 6:50 PM Last edited by leesester : 6th Nov 2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: set journal requirements to 1
Default Creator Profile FAQ
Why don't my uploads show under my profile/in the Downloads section?

There's a few options as to why that might be happening:
  • You do not yet have 10 thanks on your uploads. They won't show up under your profile until you've been thanked 10 times. That shouldn't take long. To check whether it's actually there, click on "Find threads started by (your name)" on your profile and you should see the post listed there.
  • You have uploaded something that requires expansion packs, and you do not have those expansions set as owned under your profile. User Tools (in the blue bar at the top of the page), Edit Profile, and fix your Games Purchased to reflect those that you own.
  • If it's an item that's moderated, like recolours, sims, or houses, it needs to go through the moderation queue and be approved before it'll show up. You'll automatically be subscribed to your own uploads. At the top of the page click User Tools, Subscribed Threads to see your thread subscriptions - items still in the moderation queue have a note saying they are awaiting moderation.

How do I set custom colours for my profile?

You must be a creator to set colours at all - you must have some uploads. If you just have one or a few uploads, you can use the "Profile Page Style Override" to set your profile page to one of the default colour styles we have.

To set it to custom colours using hex values ("Profile Page Style Override") you will need to 10 or more uploads.

Please use readable custom colours that are not too bright or too dark. If your custom profile colours hurts the eyes or is unreadable, you may find your custom colours reset to defaults.

Both options are under User Tools - Edit Profile (again, in the blue bar).

How do I add a banner to the top of my profile/uploads?

Profile pictures (banners) are reserved for featured creators, Moo-Moo Award winners, MOCCA Award winners, and LATTE award winners.

If you fall into one or more of the above categories... to set it, go to User Tools (again, top bar), and then click on User Control Panel. Once you're in the UCP, click on "Edit Profile Picture" under Settings and Options on the left side of the page and upload your image.

The maximum size of your profile picture is 768 by 90 pixels or 293.0 KB (whichever is smaller).

How do change my user title?

Custom user titles are reserved for moderators, special users (chosen by moderators) and monthly donators. Otherwise, user titles are based purely on post count and really, they don't mean anything.

Why can't I start a journal?

Journals are reserved for creators with 1 or more uploads. New journals are moderated - the journal will need to be approved by an administrator. Subsequent journal posts are not moderated after your journal is approved.

How do I change the position of where my journal shows on my profile?

By default, the journal will show on the left of your profile. If you would like to change it so it shows on the right, go to User Tools - Edit Profile, and scroll down to "Show Journal on right side of member profile" and check the box there.

How do I set a profile title?

User Tools - Edit Profile. Scroll down to "Customised Profile Title" and enter the text you would like to display at the top of your profile page.

How do I set up an info box/about me/terms of use on my profile?

User Tools - Edit Profile. Then scroll down to "About Me / Profile Box Title" and enter a title or heading. You MUST enter a title or heading in that box for the text below to show up!

Then, enter your details in the box below, labeled "About Me / Policy / Other Text." You can use standard vBulletin tags to make lists, italic, links, etc., in this area.

You may use images in this area, as shown here but please keep these images to a reasonable size... no larger than 600x600 pixels. You may find your "About Me / Policy / Other" info cleared by an administrator if you go over this limit.

# Thanks in # Posts is wrong...

Underneath your username, avatar, etc. when you post, a small line of text will say something like "313 Thanks in 10 Posts" - it often happens that the post count there will be incorrect, displaying a much higher count of thankable posts than you actually have.

This is a small known issue and you can easily fix it yourself. First, go to your own profile. You can find it by clicking on your name where it says "Welcome, Username," in the navigation bar at the top of the page. Then click the link under your name and avatar that says "View My Scorecard." Your scorecard page will load (this may take longer than other pages as it's having to calculate things), and in doing so, your number of posts will also be recalculated, and the glitch will be fixed.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
:
[color=indigo][size=4]How do I set a profile title?[/color][/size]

User Tools - Edit Profile. Scroll down to "Customised Profile Title" and enter the text you would like to display at the top of your profile page.

Where does it appear? Mine dosn't show up and i have no clue why. Maybe i'm not looking in the right spot?

Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, it is measured by the moments that take our breath away.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 7:36 PM
Look on mine - mine says "HP's Pretty Things for Pixel Dolls" right at the top, above my banner.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 7:50 PM
Ok i found it there, but on mine it dosn't show. Do you need to be featured for this to work? I've tried changing it but it just dosn't work.

Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, it is measured by the moments that take our breath away.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 8:02 PM
Possibly. It was added around the same time - might be a detail I overlooked in trying to compile this and explain what gets you what perks. I'll look into it.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 12:30 PM
May i ask why you have to have 10 uploads to start a journal?

My wiki with 1100+ links to the community! Also in categories! Click here!

"Whether it's good or bad, it's so unfortunate to wake up during a dream." - Judeau [Berserk]
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 6:02 PM
Because it's for creators.