Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Plumb Bob Toggle Mod

by Dave Luv Posted 21st Mar 2007 at 11:30 PM - Updated 6th Sep 2008 at 5:53 PM by Dave Luv : This item works in all versions of the game - including Apartment Life :)

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 12:31 AM
Oh I LOOOVE you! I couldn't make this f***in' blue crystal disappear for my sim story. Thank you so much!

ONLY LOVE IS REVOLUTIONARY
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 12:39 AM
If this isn't a featured download, it should be. This will help with my "informative" videos.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 12:41 AM
Thank you, you always make such useful things for our games. Keep up the great work! :]

...they call us walking corpses;
unholy living dead...

-------------

Leather, Spikes, Studs and Patches - Corinne's Creations
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 12:42 AM
Thank you so very much, you make the game a lot more fun to play!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by UtopiaGlam
Oh I LOOOVE you! I couldn't make this f***in' blue crystal disappear for my sim story. Thank you so much!

Now you can Place this crystal on a community lot and use the Hide interaction when your Sims get there
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 12:49 AM
correct me if I'm wrong but can't you already do that ingame? typing ctrl shift c and entering toggle plumbob on/off

I have all expansion packs etc so maybe that's how i know about it. I haven't tried it with the blue plumbob or employee markers so maybe the difference is there. Basically the game's already got it covered

it's cool you know how to do that kinda thing anyway.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by curlysworld
correct me if I'm wrong but can't you already do that ingame? typing ctrl shift c and entering toggle plumbob on/off

I have all expansion packs etc so maybe that's how i know about it. I haven't tried it with the blue plumbob or employee markers so maybe the difference is there. Basically the game's already got it covered

it's cool you know how to do that kinda thing anyway.

Hehe, I expected somebody would write this
The cheat you mentioned was added in one of the newer EPs. Players of base game, University, Nightlife were forced to delete the crystal by using moveObjects cheat, this is why I created this item. And I am not sure if the cheat really hides all kinds of crystals
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 4:08 AM
As far as I've seen, even the "plumbbobtoggle" cheat won't remove the blue diamonds for dates and outings. I haven't tested the original cheat with employee spheres, though. Thank you for this mod. It is a great idea.

You mentioned several times using it on community lots. Does it work on residential lots as well?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 6:25 AM
Dave Luv wrote this up there on the description of the mod:

..."This item works in all versions of the game and for ALL KINDS of LOTS."...

This is cool, I not even knew about the cheat code.

Visit (site in portuguese):
http://www.thesims2elitte.kinghost.net/
Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 9:05 AM
Thank you soooo much! I am so happy to have this, it will definately make taking in game pics so much better

Thanks Bunches!
~Roxanne

SIMcredible's Painter
Forum Resident
#12 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 9:24 AM
Lovely.
Thank you.

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 9:27 AM
Thanks to all for your messages

cdpengins: Of course, you can use it on residential lots too.

My favorite Sim had a date in her home - she used this object when her boyfriend came and even he was without the blue crystal
#14 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 1:56 PM
Great stuff man, i always hate the plumb Bob being in the way when i make movies, thanks a bunch.

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 6:02 PM
Hehe it has been released ..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PwnagePanther
Hehe it has been released ..

Hehe, there were 2 difficult tasks when creating this item:
to discover the blue crystal secrets...
and to translate the texts to English
Thanks for helping me with the second task
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 7:09 PM
How cool! Is there a way to remove the "learning crystal thing" over people's heads, too? I usually just max there skills with Insimenator, but when it comes to teaching toddlers or pets (where interactions aren't be possible if skill is already taught), it's really annyoing for pictures.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mikikitty
How cool! Is there a way to remove the "learning crystal thing" over people's heads, too? I usually just max there skills with Insimenator, but when it comes to teaching toddlers or pets (where interactions aren't be possible if skill is already taught), it's really annyoing for pictures.

It should be easy to hide those "learning bars" too - they are objects similar to the plumb bob, even placed in the same slot. I didn't include hiding them to this mod - I thought there was no reason for players to let their Sims to learn a skill when taking snapshots . If more players are interested, I could add this feature.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 7:26 PM
I was so disappointed when the blue plumbbob and the employee ball was still there when I used the plumbbob toggle cheat - which I use every time I play, because the plumbbob annoys me (as if you'd forget which Sim you've picked??), thank you so much for this!

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by paigeturnersims
I was so disappointed when the blue plumbbob and the employee ball was still there when I used the plumbbob toggle cheat - which I use every time I play, because the plumbbob annoys me (as if you'd forget which Sim you've picked??), thank you so much for this!

Hehe, if the toggle cheat added by Maxis can hide the main crystal only, it is really not much usable for taking pics :D
Forum Resident
#21 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 7:46 PM
this is nice
the hack didnt work for me
hopefully this will work
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dave Luv
Now you can Place this crystal on a community lot and use the Hide interaction when your Sims get there

Yes, I'm so happy about it! Thank you again, I'm really grateful!

ONLY LOVE IS REVOLUTIONARY
Theorist
#23 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 8:41 PM
Thank You So Much!!!!
Test Subject
#24 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dave Luv
It should be easy to hide those "learning bars" too - they are objects similar to the plumb bob, even placed in the same slot. I didn't include hiding them to this mod - I thought there was no reason for players to let their Sims to learn a skill when taking snapshots . If more players are interested, I could add this feature.

I could use one that makes the learning bar go away. a lot of things count as "learning something" in the game, most annoying from a pic point of view is swimming.

-Q->
Sköt Looney
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ts_looney
I could use one that makes the learning bar go away. a lot of things count as "learning something" in the game, most annoying from a pic point of view is swimming.

I expect the most players use the same trick as me in such case - to maximize such skill (e.g. in debug mode by just mouse dragging), because there's no learning bar then - with leaving the lot without saving after taking the pics (or with setting the skill level back in debug mode).

Only one player was interested in adding this feature (= hiding the learning bars too), so I won't add it to this mod (even when it's just 3 lines of code ;o).
Page 1 of 2