Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drew Barrymore by Skeletonkiss

by skeletonkiss Posted 27th Mar 2007 at 2:21 PM - Updated 2nd Apr 2007 at 4:56 AM by skeletonkiss

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 2:02 AM
You got the colors (eyes, make-up) down perfect, but I don't think this sim looks like Drew at all. Sorry.

❌✖️❌✖️❌ Boycott SPs for TS4. EA is squeezing pennies from us without giving us content with substance. Show them you expect more! ❌✖️❌✖️❌
Scholar
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 2:06 AM
personally i think it looks alot like her
great job!

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 2:07 AM
The make-up is perfect and the skintone too. She looks like Drew Barrymore, I LOVE her! Thanks for sharing this Sim!
Instructor
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 2:20 AM
This is really good!

desperation makes you look like a tool

Exclusive downloads available only at Phasmatic Sims!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by keineeier3
You got the colors (eyes, make-up) down perfect, but I don't think this sim looks like Drew at all. Sorry.

Not to be an ass here, but I'd rather not have negative comments/critiques.

If you don't think she looks like drew, fine, don't comment. If there's something that could be improved, that's one thing. But just saying your opinion without any constructive criticism is just rude.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 2:33 AM
Well, I think she looks very much like Drew! I knew exactly who it was when I first saw the pic. Thanks!
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 2:45 AM
I think it looks like her You did an awesome job. The cheek structure, the lips, even the peggy hair you picked for the model pics is great. And of course, you know she would look good no matter what she wears or how her hair is done or what makeup she has on, if any. Drew is a goddess. And you are a goddess for making her Sim so wonderful!

When the kids on the street say
What's your problem girl?
And the weight of their smile gets too much for you to bare
When they all make you feel like you're a problem girl
Remember
You're no problem at all
-Rob Thomas "Problem Girl"
Instructor
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 2:48 AM
Hmm... It doesn't quite look like this Drew person, but very similar, judging by the picture, but I really couldn't done much better myself. xP Ever so slightly thinner nose and upper lip, maybe, but otherwise I myself wouldn't know what to change. xP
I really don't know who Drew Barrymore is, but it's hard to get custom sim faces that look interesting other than celebrities, most of which I've never heard of, so I'm downloading this. xD Quite a lovely sim, thanks for uploading it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IsolinaBlack
Hmm... It doesn't quite look like this Drew person, but very similar, judging by the picture, but I really couldn't done much better myself. xP Ever so slightly thinner nose and upper lip, maybe, but otherwise I myself wouldn't know what to change. xP
I really don't know who Drew Barrymore is, but it's hard to get custom sim faces that look interesting other than celebrities, most of which I've never heard of, so I'm downloading this. xD Quite a lovely sim, thanks for uploading it!

She's been in a ton of movies. 50 First Dates, Never Been Kissed, The Wedding Singer, and much more.

Some pics of her are here: http://www.skins.be/celebrity/drew-barrymore/ but she looks alot different in every pic. lol
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 3:27 AM
Wow. This should be featured! lol

maybe slim the nose/nostrils

I dunno...hahah maybe it doesn't help?

good job! will download!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smlah2005
Wow. This should be featured! lol

maybe slim the nose/nostrils

I dunno...hahah maybe it doesn't help?

good job! will download!

I agonized over the nose but really, she's got a small, oddly shaped nose and I think it looks pretty good. But DANG is it hard to find profile shots of some of these celebs!

And thanks! I'd freakin' die if I finally made a featured download. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skeletonkiss
Not to be an ass here, but I'd rather not have negative comments/critiques.

If you don't think she looks like drew, fine, don't comment. If there's something that could be improved, that's one thing. But just saying your opinion without any constructive criticism is just rude.

If someone comments about something not to his liking, that is his/her opinion and it should simply be accepted and respected. Some people seem to see things differently and a lot of them don't even take the time to look closely before commenting. At first I also did not see any real ressemblance with Drew, but when I looked closely, I saw a lot of her facetreads that you created. I am pretty sure with some little more tweaking, this can come out pretty good. I will try and pull your file through my bodyshop and see what I can come up with ,taking your model as a model. Only very small adjustments would make it more alike I hope.
Jaws need to be larger and lower, nose a little skinier in the middle, eyes more bowshaped (sleepier) and a little more richer upper lips.
I hope this is useful and constructive comment. If I can make your model more alike looking, would you be interested to see it? Let me know, but I am not sure if I could though.....

mrbisonm
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mrbisonm
If someone comments about something not to his liking, that is his/her opinion and it should simply be accepted and respected. Some people seem to see things differently and a lot of them don't even take the time to look closely before commenting. At first I also did not see any real ressemblance with Drew, but when I looked closely, I saw a lot of her facetreads that you created. I am pretty sure with some little more tweaking, this can come out pretty good. I will try and pull your file through my bodyshop and see what I can come up with ,taking your model as a model. Only very small adjustments would make it more alike I hope.
Jaws need to be larger and lower, nose a little skinier in the middle, eyes more bowshaped (sleepier) and a little more richer upper lips.
I hope this is useful and constructive comment. If I can make your model more alike looking, would you be interested to see it? Let me know, but I am not sure if I could though.....

mrbisonm

Honestly, I really like this sim. I may in the future try to improve on this, but I LIKE it as is. I'm alittle offended that everyone keeps on telling me what's wrong with her. She's been on Insim for over a week with not one negative comment. As far as I'm concerned, she's got a great likeness. I realize people have their own opinions and may not all see her as I do, but I also feel alittle offended that people cannot see the hard work that went into this sim.

No, honestly I don't want to see your take on a sim I created. I wouldn't take something you made and 'make it better', so I'd appreciate it if people didn't do that to mine.

I'm sorry to come off so harsh but this is art to me, and I don't like people redoing my art.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 5:40 AM
You're right, this is art. Despite what everyone else thinks, I think you did a wonderful job. She's beautiful!!! And she does look very much like Drew. (with the peggy hair, it looks like her from "Ever After" without the old time clothing..lol.) Keep up the good work and don't let other people's negativity drag you down.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by silverwolf_6677
You're right, this is art. Despite what everyone else thinks, I think you did a wonderful job. She's beautiful!!! And she does look very much like Drew. (with the peggy hair, it looks like her from "Ever After" without the old time clothing..lol.) Keep up the good work and don't let other people's negativity drag you down.

Thank you. I'm seriously considering just taking her down. I'm kinda overly sensitive about my art and I'm really bummed out by all the comments I've gotten on this. I've seen ALOT of non-perfect celeb sims, even featured ones, that get nothing but praise. I wasn't going for a drew-clone, just a good likeness...

Bleh, sorry. Anyway, thanks so much for your sweet comment.
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 6:06 AM
Honey, just ignore the haters this sim looks just like Drew. Great Job! I look forward to your next project. :D
Field Researcher
#18 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 6:18 AM
She looks the best possible like her. Those face shapes provided in game not always help to shape a face as we want to. It misses a more rounded face or a long squared face, and many more. I think you did a great job with things avaiable to work.

Visit (site in portuguese):
http://www.thesims2elitte.kinghost.net/
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 3:04 PM
anyways.....the truth is harsh sometimes, nothing to do with offense, but more with reality.
Honest thanks for having giving me a great Barrymore .
Field Researcher
#20 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 4:10 PM
Seriously what are they talking about?
She looks just like her!
It should be featured!
Amazing work!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 5:34 PM
Really good work. She looks very cute but i dont think that she looks like Drew Barrymore. I think she looks like more CYNDI LAUPER. I hope you know her.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 6:44 PM
i dont care what people say. this is great^^ you got the face sculpt and lips perfect

'-.~<:'.,.$Ug@R-Pu££-$@m.,.':>~.-'
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 7:00 PM
Excellent job Skeletonkiss!! It looks exactly like Drew, I understand your sensitivity to comments. I hope you know that I really love your Drew sim and I think the people who don't appreciate it are actually jealous of your talent!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Go Go Glamour Girl
Excellent job Skeletonkiss!! It looks exactly like Drew, I understand your sensitivity to comments. I hope you know that I really love your Drew sim and I think the people who don't appreciate it are actually jealous of your talent!!

Hehe, thanks.

And thanks to everyone who's said nice things about this sim. I really appreciate it.
Scholar
#25 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 2:57 AM
I think she looks great... I knew exactly who it was the first instant I saw it. I think what people have to remember here is that this is a !!SIM!! of Drew Barrymore and not a picture, or a painting, or the lovely Drew in the flesh. When people give you negative comments on your stuff click on their names and see what they've uploaded... I can almost promise you that will make you feel better immediately
Page 1 of 2