Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buyable "Wishing Well" (SSN required)

by Numenor Posted 28th Mar 2007 at 4:32 PM - Updated 31st Mar 2007 at 1:04 AM by Numenor : Attachment moved to another thread

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason:
30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 4:37 PM
Excellent! Thank you
Space Pony
#3 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 4:38 PM
Thank you SO much!

SHOPxADDICTED

Like to see more, click here !
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 4:38 PM
Hehehehe Thanks!
I've worked hard at earning my first couple wishing wells, but for every lot it can get tiresome!

Peace!
LittleRed

Lupus - Help Find a Cure
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 4:39 PM
Thank you very much! Much more convenient than going through the cheats.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 4:57 PM
Thanks, Numenor. I hate having to put 'boolprop' on all the time.

Hanging upside down to sleep does not make you cool or alternative - I know, because I've tried it...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 5:01 PM
Hey did you know... you can use testing cheats??? XD I kid I kid! But seriously thanks for another buyable maxis item.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 5:04 PM Last edited by [Black_Spirit] : 28th Mar 2007 at 5:45 PM.
Instructor
#9 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 5:20 PM
I think this is great. Many people are reluctant to use the boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled cheat. I find it handy but it is nice to not have to use it for everything. Thank you.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 5:25 PM
Hooray! Now I can set up my garden centre for Dovecot Villiage!Thanks so much!

If you were I, and I were you, my clothes probably wouldn't fit. And also, there is practically no chance of that ever happening, thank goodness.
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 6:01 PM
Wow, thanks for this download, i've been waiting for something like this for a long time

Visit my website:
Missing Studios
Theorist
#12 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 6:19 PM
For some Bizzaro reson I have NO wishing well In My Game. Why????
But now I have this one It'll *Hopefully* show up!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 8:26 PM
Hey Numenor - did ya know you can spawn the wishing well with the testing cheat:-)
ok couldn't resist. Stilll downloaded it immediately of course. Testing cheat seems like too much cheating, I feel much better buying it.
Thanks a bunch - I remember when I first got the add on I searched through every catalog item (I only have two and a half gigs of downloads) for the d... thing. for hours on end - just couldn't find it. As I don't generally read any kind of instruction it took me a week to find out that you had to suck up to the garden club guys to get it.... So thanks again for "fixing" EA's little "oversight"
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by [Black_Spirit]
It has already been made : http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=223506

Black Spirit - I didn't know; a user requested this mod to me by PM (obviously he didn't searched the forums enough, before requesting it to me...).
However, I'm inclined to remove my buyable wishing well, but the problem is that yours is not correctly done; you have roughly cloned the original one (without changing the GUIDs), with two main consequences: the package is big, and contains a lot of files already existing in the game (waste of resources) and the catalog shows three recolours, because the default one is duplicated.

Here is my proposal: take my package (rename it, if you will) and replace yours with mine, on your thread; and I will delete this thread, because at that point, having two identical downloads would be silly. A mention to my name in your thread would be appreciated, though not required.

Agreed?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#15 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 9:07 PM
how do you get it in the game without downloading it here or using a cheat?

nevaeh08
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 9:56 PM
You have to build a beautiful garden, grow plants and tend them well, and the gardening center will evaluate it and give you the Wishing Well as a gift.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 10:08 PM
Will custom recolors of the original well work for this as well?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 10:35 PM
Sure! The GUID is the same, the well is the same... This mod is the less "invasive" possible: everything from the original Well has been kept intact.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 10:51 PM
Great! Thanks for the quick response
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#20 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 6:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Black Spirit - I didn't know; a user requested this mod to me by PM (obviously he didn't searched the forums enough, before requesting it to me...).
However, I'm inclined to remove my buyable wishing well, but the problem is that yours is not correctly done; you have roughly cloned the original one (without changing the GUIDs), with two main consequences: the package is big, and contains a lot of files already existing in the game (waste of resources) and the catalog shows three recolours, because the default one is duplicated.

Here is my proposal: take my package (rename it, if you will) and replace yours with mine, on your thread; and I will delete this thread, because at that point, having two identical downloads would be silly. A mention to my name in your thread would be appreciated, though not required.

Agreed?

Numenor, leave yours up. I'm sure most folks are like me and would rather have one Properly done, like the one you made here.

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 6:57 AM
Thank you Numenor, i love using the well in my game , this makes it so much easier :-)

You will find my older and newest creations here
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 2:18 PM
Please do not remove your download. There are some names that I trust, and yours is one of them. Thank you very much for sharing.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wintermuteai1
Numenor, leave yours up. I'm sure most folks are like me and would rather have one Properly done, like the one you made here.

I know That's why I agreed to remove mine only if Black Spirit replaces his with mine.
After all, it's not just a matter of tastes: if we don't do our best to avoid wasting resources (by uselessly duplicating files) and to prevent conflicts, we'll soon end up with snail-slow games and malfunctioning objects/recolours.

I think my ego can bear the "swap" I proposed, for the benefit of the Community

Field Researcher
#24 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wintermuteai1

I think the same thing!
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
That's why I agreed to remove mine only if Black Spirit replaces his with mine.
After all, it's not just a matter of tastes: if we don't do our best to avoid wasting resources (by uselessly duplicating files) and to prevent conflicts, we'll soon end up with snail-slow games and malfunctioning objects/recolours.

If you think that having two identical downloads would be silly, I believe that Black Spirit should remove his and not you yours

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Alchemist
#25 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 3:20 PM
I had the one by Black Spirit but I have now your version, and I substituted it before reading your clear explanation about the "properly done".
I'm not so technically expert to investigate on such details, but obviously I like getting the best stuff and yours always is. If I were BlackSpirit I would be honoured of your kind proposal, after all he did his best and probably didn't go deep in the details you mentioned just because he was working fast for someone who asked for a buyable wishing well ASAP, or perhaps he liked to be the first.
It's a fact that it's hard to be at your level and it's important to be so open mind to learn something every day.
On the other hand, in my opinion it's right that your wishing well stay here as yours.
Your ego can bear the swap because you're a great person. Thank you Numenor, you gave us a little lesson (I guess you don't like this but believe me it's a good lesson for all of us, modders or not). Kiss and ciao.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2