Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 2:24 AM
Default PNG with transparency. Plant Sim VINES for use on any skintone.
Now anyone can add vines to any skintone.

I used Photoshop to isolate and separate the vines from the Plant Sim skintone. Skintone creators can use the files attached here to create default replacement skins for the Plant Sims, or skins for fantasy sims.

These are .png files and they have transparent backgrounds.

Included:
  • Toddler vines, which are vines and thorns.
  • Adult vines with thorns.
  • Adult vines without thorns.
  • Adult thorns without vines (I don't know what this might be useful for, but I had the file, so I'm including it).
  • Adult face vine.

I don't know how things work in other programs, but in Photoshop you can paste these as a new layer onto the skintone. To get them to align correctly on the skintone, I recommend painting a doodle in a corner of the image, and then making sure it's still in the corner after you paste it. Or, paint doodles in diagonally-opposite corners, and it should align correctly. I think by default Photoshop has the "Snap" option turned on, so when you move the image it should snap into the corner for you. If not, you can turn that feature on. It should be under the View menu and is called "Snap." Remember to delete your doodles after pasting.

Note: These are free to use in any way, and no credit of any sort is required.

Here is a preview of the vines. I just stuck them on a Maxis #1 skintone, which I recolored green. Nothing was done except the color change and pasting on the vines.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  PlantSim_VINES.rar (1.01 MB, 321 downloads) - View custom content

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 10:37 PM
Aw Ive wanted these,they could make good designs on clothes,thank you ^-^

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 11:33 AM
Oh hey, keen. I was wanting to make my own plant-y version of HP's Idolatry skintones but I was so not looking forward to either painting on my own vines or editing the Maxis skin to get those. Thank you for doing the grunt work for us, now I don't feel like avoiding that project anymore.
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 3:02 PM
great idea. thanks so much for your hard work!

When all Courage is necessary, all Hope is justified!

To know something about me read: this interview
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 9:24 PM
Renatus Valentinus = great minds think alike-i was gonna do that also!
if HP allows you to,will you upload them?
i wont make them now as if got a project due for release at the weekend,and i really want/need to upload it then

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 2:08 PM
Yeah, I'll upload it when I'm done. I think HP's ToS allows it with the Idolatry skintones. Don't hold your breath though, I've got a project queue a million miles long. XD
Instructor
#7 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 4:52 PM
Im pretty sure she allows it, Ill be ready&waiting for them,lol!
They will be defaults,huh?

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 11:22 PM
Yes, default replacements. I don't think I'll feel like slogging through all of the copy-paste-rename I'd need to do to also make a regular skintone. It's so boooooring.
Test Subject
#9 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 7:40 PM
Renatus, can you tell me where to find the Maxis plantsim skins? I've been wanting to try de-barbie-tizing them but I can't even get as far as finding them. They don't seem to show up in bodyshop and I can't find them in SimPE...
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 8:57 PM
Ah. Found another thread saying where they are. They're where I thought they should be, but I must have overlooked them. Sorry for bothering you.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 9:50 AM
I love the vines so much! Thank you for your hard work n_n

I don't see how people could hate these! I mean, hate the maxis skin underneath yes but not the vines! :o
No one likes default maxis skins lol

Thanks again!<3
Not actually evil.
#12 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 6:56 AM
Thank you! As others have said, these will be great not just for skins but clothing as well. And maybe curtains, upholstery...

Hey, these could be nice henna tattoos if you made them brown and used them on the tattoo overlay thingie that I keep losing the link to... ah, here it is...

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=239851

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes