Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Instant Stereo Op - Global Hack

by Numenor Posted 11th Apr 2007 at 12:22 AM - Updated 12th Jun 2008 at 4:43 PM by Numenor : Tested with FT / K&B

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 12:25 AM
Wow, THANK YOU for this one. That annoyed me to no end, too!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 12:45 AM
I'm a little confused on the tech data, I have your tv turn off from bed and I think it turn off the stereo from the bed also, will this be a problem, and does this work with custom made stereo?
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by toriamos
I'm a little confused on the tech data, I have your tv turn off from bed and I think it turn off the stereo from the bed also, will this be a problem, and does this work with custom made stereo?

Numenor doesn't have a "turn off stereo from the bed" hack (he has one for the car - to turn off the stereo when you get out of the car). He does have one for the TV. I have that, as well as this one, and I ran the Hack Scanner Detection Utility and I didn't see any conflicts. Also, I have a no autonomous turn on/off stereo hack (from Squinge) and that doesn't conflict either. I will have to test this and report back. But YAY, mucho thanks Numenor for seeing eye to eye with me on this hack request.

DDO
Field Researcher
#5 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 1:11 AM
Thanks daysies for info, I also have the other hacks for the stereo, so that's good news.
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 3:18 AM
Thanks so much, this is great!

L'essentiel est invisible aux yeux.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#7 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 4:01 AM Last edited by daysies : 11th Apr 2007 at 4:12 AM.
I finally tested it... and it does work. However, it somehow fell in my Sim's queue, and while she was directed to "plant many" she stopped after filling in one plot, then the garden icon dropped from her queue, she crossed her arms, and the song on the stereo changed. I had to redirect her to continue planting those stubborn pole beans. Is there anyway you could tweak it ever so slightly so that it doesn't ever go into their queue? Kinda like the way turning on/off the lights never stop the Sim from doing what they were currently doing.

[EDIT] Now I see what you mean (*reread her PMs*). I guess, for now, when you decide to change the song/station, keep an eye out on which Sim you choose to do the deed so you know what's currently in their queue just in case they have anything in there so you can quickly requeue it. Other than that, now my Sims don't have to walk to the end of the earth just to operate the stereo.

[EDIT #2] While it doesn't conflict, you probably don't need any of those "no autonomous turn on/off the stereo" mods anymore. I'm not sure if this mod strips out all remote control actions, but I think it does.

DDO
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 4:17 AM
Hey, with a radio frequency remote, it's not all that unrealistic! Great job!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 8:13 AM
Regarding the command queue, my first try was to skip it completely (like when you turn the lights on and off: you don't see the command in the queue); but this would require to edit one by one all the existing stereo sets, and also making for each a double version (Pets and non-Pets). Talking about global mods, the less invasive it is, the less it will conflict with other things, and the longer it will work (before a new EP breaks it ).
So, I decided to keep the command visible in the queue.

As for the no autonomous on/off hack, I guess that it's purpose is to prevent sims from turning on the stereo unless directed to do so. My mod only removes the visual part of the sim walking to the stereo and picking the remote; but the behaviour of the sims is not altered: they can still autonomously turn on and off the stereo (if you are annoyed by this, keep the no-autonomous hack...)

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Instructor
#10 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 11:41 AM
Thanks Numenor,yet another great hack!!

Also keep paysites free by supporting PSMBD!
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#11 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
As for the no autonomous on/off hack, I guess that it's purpose is to prevent sims from turning on the stereo unless directed to do so. My mod only removes the visual part of the sim walking to the stereo and picking the remote; but the behaviour of the sims is not altered: they can still autonomously turn on and off the stereo (if you are annoyed by this, keep the no-autonomous hack...)

Thanks for clearing that up! And I totally agree about less invasive global mods. Altering just a few base behaviors should guarantee a long life for a mod. Less work for you to keep retesting and retesting and tweaking. For now, I've kept the non-autonomous on/off hack in place. :D

DDO
Field Researcher
#12 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 4:26 PM
All in all , it's a great mod, thanks again Numenor ^^

Say "Keep your neighborhood User Friendly ^^
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#13 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 4:39 PM
yes it is much easier though not much real :D
Thank you!

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Scholar
#14 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 9:12 PM
Thank you Numenor. Perhaps not too realistic but useful as always. I wonder, hum a sim in the garden can dance when the radio is indoor ?

And lol for the Additionnal Credits.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mihura
And lol for the Additionnal Credits.

The "Requiescat in Pacem" was intended for the BHAV, of course, though re-reading that line, it may seems I was talking about Maxis Anyway, considering that EA has taken complete control of Maxis (basically cancelling it), the motto could be properly referred to Maxis, too -

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Scholar
#16 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 2:53 PM Last edited by Mihura : 12th Apr 2007 at 9:28 PM.
Lol ! Hihi yes I had understood Numenor because you've writed before "This mod contains a modified (well... "annihilated" is more proper, in this case ) version of the BHAV "Stereo - Use Remote" (StereoGlobals, instance 0x2032)". This "hilarant" R.I.P. is for this poor BHAV and not for Maxis. (By the way for me too the Sims 2 are from Maxis and not EA but ok ).

But... sorry to repeat this hack allow to dance far from the stereo or not ? In any case !

Edit : Oki, I've tested this afternoon. It's not possible to dance or to dance with someone when the radio is in the house and the sim is outdoor. Dommage but voilà.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 1:03 AM
Sorry, I skipped the part where you asked that question about dancing (I should stop, at once, replying on the forum at 3AM, lol! ).
You're right, dancing in the garden when the stereo is indoor is not possible. The option to dance with another sim only show up when there is a music source in the same room as the sim; as for dancing solo, I didn't modified that interaction, and therefore the "go to the stereo" animation is still active.

Scholar
#18 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 7:31 PM
No problem Numenor (me too I haven't not too many clear ideas at 3.00 AM ). And yes when a sim outside want to dance he have to click and to move near the stereo. But it's already a good point to be able to skip to another song so again thank you.

Theorist
#19 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 2:05 AM
THANK YOU now if only one stero would cover one entire lot with full music and you wouldnt have to have to use a bunch in differnt rooms I've always wanted something like that were no matter were you place the stero it plays full blast all through out the house.
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 2:47 AM
Wow, thanks so much for this! I've always wished the stereo could work like this.

Sim and let Sim...
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Y2kRobie
THANK YOU now if only one stero would cover one entire lot with full music and you wouldnt have to have to use a bunch in differnt rooms I've always wanted something like that were no matter were you place the stero it plays full blast all through out the house.

If you don't want to put additional stereo's in the lot, you can put additional stand-alone wall speakers: they will duplicate the music in each room where you put one.

Test Subject
#22 Old 7th May 2007 at 8:35 PM
Thank you for this! It's something I've been wishing existed since I started fighting with my Sims over their desire to turn off the radio (which has been fixed with another hack) This completes the dominance of my will over theirs when it comes to the stereo! Muhahaha!

Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
I understand that this is not very realistic
By the way, don't think of it as unrealistic, think of it as converting the remote from IR to RF, like this TiVo RF Remote Converter. :D
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 9th May 2007 at 9:30 PM
Argh!!!
Thank you!!
I hate having to wander from place to place just so that everything is set to the same thing!!

Being different is what makes you yourself.
Being the same makes you a clone.
Official Webbie
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 5:16 AM
Numenor~this a great hack..now I don't have to worry about where I put a stereo anymore

the next best thing to this hack would be one where the sims and/or pets aren't bothered by the stereo being on when trying to sleep :P

Thanks again
Luvs
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 6:37 PM
Hmmm...this is a really cool idea, but it's not working in my game right now. I have all the EP's and most of the stuff packs, and the only other hack in my game is the 'turn the darn TV off' one. Uh, the only other thing that could have interfered, that I can think of, is that I was on a University lot. Is it supposed to work on all lots?

I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret...
Page 1 of 2