Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Partial Homework Credit

by Cyjon Posted 28th Apr 2007 at 11:48 PM - Updated 27th Jun 2009 at 11:38 PM by Cyjon : Compatibility info

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 12:39 AM
Very good idea, thanks!
Space Pony
#3 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 1:30 AM
This rocks, just what I needed thanks.
Homework is one of the reasons I hate having kids in my game hehe :D

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 3:04 AM
Love it! This is great, I also hate having houses with multiple kids and tons of homework stacking up everywhere. Thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 6:37 AM
Tks this is wonderful.
Instructor
#6 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 6:40 AM
This is an awsome mod! It's so much more realistic... In actual classes I'm never even ALLOWED to turn in things late, but always get partial credit if I did some of the work. thank you so much!
Alchemist
#7 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 11:26 AM
Awesome idea! I too was sick of either A+ students or failing ones, and the stacks of homework piling up on my doorstep...thank you, this is great!

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#8 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 1:52 PM
This is one of the most demanded school mod! Revolutionary!

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 5:40 PM
Fantastic Idea! I just figured it worked like this anyways.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 6:59 PM
great idea! now I don't have to keep changing the time of day to make sure the stupid kids finish their homework.
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 12:20 AM
This is so great! You are awesome! Thanks!
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st May 2007 at 7:02 PM
I love it! Thanks! Finally some justice in sim schools for the ones who don't finish their homework!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd May 2007 at 1:03 AM
I love you.
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd May 2007 at 1:52 AM
Hrm. I only have the base game, and it appears that kids no longer get homework at all, and their grades don't go up or down. I don't have any other mods affecting homework or school. I don't know what the problem could be.

This makes me sad. I really want this mod, but I suppose I'll have to take it out until I (or someone more game/computer savvy than me) can figure out what's wrong.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd May 2007 at 3:14 AM Last edited by Cyjon : 3rd May 2007 at 1:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by sashimidragon
Hrm. I only have the base game, and it appears that kids no longer get homework at all, and their grades don't go up or down. I don't have any other mods affecting homework or school. I don't know what the problem could be.

Ah, the problem is quite simple. I'm a moron

Fixed. Please redownload. Sorry about that.

ETA: Quick clarification - the base game version (also used for Uni) was the one that was wrong and needs to be re-dowloaded. Anyone who downloaded the NL version is fine.
Instructor
#16 Old 3rd May 2007 at 5:08 AM
Hey, I was wondering if this is compatible with twojeff's homeworkhacks? Thanks

link
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd May 2007 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mysteryxgirl7
Hey, I was wondering if this is compatible with twojeff's homeworkhacks? Thanks

Much to my surprise, it looks like they _are_ compatible. We each tweak on different parts of the whole "come home from school" thing so it looks like they will play nicely together.

It is _definitely_ compatible with the School Bus - Bring Friend mod because I use that myself.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 3rd May 2007 at 6:53 AM
Excellent! Finally the sim that'll have a load of undone homework will be punished - and no more homeworks laying around... Now kids will learn to WORK hehe
Definetly adopting it
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd May 2007 at 7:08 AM
Awesome sauce. Thanks so much!
Scholar
#20 Old 5th May 2007 at 2:05 PM
This makes more sense than the original "all or nothing" approach - it acknowledges the possibility that a Sim kid can learn something if he/she only manages part of the assignment. Thank you very much for giving us this logical mod. The more moody Sim teens in my neighbourhood will be delighted.
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 10:06 PM
Very realistic! Makes me enjoy the Sims 2 way more.
Test Subject
#22 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 6:22 PM
This is a great idea! The whole, "You can turn this homework in two months late as long as it's done," thing never really made sense to me.

Although, I did notice one thing. I'm not sure if it was this mod, but I've noticed in my University games that after they finish their college assignments, they have another one waiting for them to pull out from behind their backs. From what I remember, I don't think it did that before, or at least that it's not supposed to. Have you heard of this problem before?

"Girls have gotta be either sexy or smart, not both. That's why for every ounce of ugly you are, you need to read one book. Now, would you like me to drive you to the library?" -Taylor Geiman
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 12:50 AM
Mimsy, I don't have that problem in my game. University homework is a completely separate object that isn't affected by this.
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 10:21 PM
Will this work with EPs beyond NL?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 3:28 AM
Yes, as stated in the OP it works for all EPs through Bon Voyage.
Page 1 of 3