Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Children Wants Mod

by jordi Posted 29th Apr 2007 at 4:42 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2007 at 1:51 PM by jordi

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 71 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 4:56 PM
I like this, even the abduction one...I have a hack and my sims still dont get abducted more than twice in their life...
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 5:01 PM
Yes, THANK YOU. Dear god, thank you. Seriously, who wants 10 kids?! I couldn't even imagine it.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 5:07 PM
The "screenshot" illustrates the issue very well I think =) I actually only opened this thread only to tell you that. Made me laugh. Thanks! (for the mod as well)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#5 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 5:21 PM
thanx a lot for this!!! i was getting sick of ppl wanting to have 10 children, i mean, come on, no one has that many children nowadays... thanku soooo much!!

hi!
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 5:39 PM
This is great. Adds realism to the game and still allows for big families if you want one.

I'm outta here like I'm on fire!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BrazilianGirl
thanx a lot for this!!! i was getting sick of ppl wanting to have 10 children, i mean, come on, no one has that many children nowadays... thanku soooo much!!
You guys have never been to Utah then. Or my cousins house.

"I didn't lose my mind, it ran away and refuses to come home"
I am like an oreo cookie, sweet at first but I cause cavities.
I R A pirate. Arr!
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 5:46 PM
Thanks so much for this one! I agree noone i know wants 10 kids LOL his is gonna be great thanks again
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 7:19 PM
This is great. I can hardly manage 3 sim kids, nevermind my sim parents wanting 10 of the l'il buggers! This will come in very handly, thanks much!

BTW, we have a family here in town with 9 kids....My head hurts thinking about it. LOL

** Patrick Stewart + Felicia Day + Bruce Campbell + zombie invasion + the cast of Firefly = my happiness.
Or, Chocolate ... yea I'll go with chocolate. **
Instructor
#10 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 7:50 PM
Yeah, sim kids are a pain, I hate it when a couple keeps wanting more of them. Actually managing the babies is possible, but only with lots of cheats... Thanks for this!!

Please do not re-upload my houses or Sims anywhere, even if it is just refurnished.

Thank you for your consideration.
Scholar
#11 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 7:56 PM

*Serious mode on*
Please bare in minds that in many parts of the world, women have more than 10 childeren in hope to have one that survive more than 6 year. One child is dying every 90 seconds in our world. Sorry to be kiljoy but these are facts.
*serious mode off*

Thanks for sharing your work !

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pixelhate
Please bare in minds that in many parts of the world, women have more than 10 childeren in hope to have one that survive more than 6 year. One child is dying every 90 seconds in our world. Sorry to be kiljoy but these are facts.

Fair point, but The Sims 2 clearly isn't set in such a part of the world. For starters kids never die, people have steady jobs, they get paid well, kids have free education...

Also, very good work on the mod.
Space Pony
#13 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 8:50 PM
Thank you SO much!

I always hated the fact that my sims wanted to have soooooo much babies.

SHOPxADDICTED

Like to see more, click here !
Theorist
#14 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 8:52 PM
Hilarious picture..keep it!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Field Researcher
#15 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 10:05 PM
Excellent mod, I hate when my sims get those wants. I have never had a couple on the game actually have that many kids!
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 10:09 PM
You are awesome with awesome sauce.
I don't download many mods, but this one totally makes the cut.
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 11:01 PM

Actually, a guy I work with has 8 children. And I read in the paper last month about a guy that has 15. So yes big families to happen. It's rare, but it happens.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 12:23 AM
My mom is of the designation 2 of 10 (bad Borg ref. Sorry.), big families do happen. Is there any real need? No. Have I ever net the 10 kids want? Yes, even pre-cheesecake. My largest sim family was 16 children. It was one of my earliest families when I started playing. This is a bad idea. So many character files created, with the same genetic pool? Boo! Dating townies for fresh blood? Boo! I would get the mod, but my simmies usually hit their LT want before this ever rolls.

As for abductions, I don't mind the mindless want. Gives me an excuse to stick 'em on the telescope well after maxing out their logic.

The idea is awesome, though. Had this been around in the early days, I would have snatched this up in a heartbeat.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 1:00 AM Last edited by sh0uriki : 30th Apr 2007 at 1:00 AM. Reason: makin it a thankyu post
Quote: Originally posted by darkinnocence
You guys have never been to Utah then. Or my cousins house.

'parently we must be from different parts of the state, I don't know anybody with more than five kids and I've lived in Utah for two years now.

My baby-craving families thank you for the mod! There was no way I could raise ten brats apiece just to make them happy -__- I hit my limit of screaming toilet-loving toddlers at about three kids. (Will this affect Lifetime Wants too?)
Inventor
#20 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 1:26 AM Last edited by BlueIzumi : 30th Apr 2007 at 1:31 AM.
Brilliant I love it ^_^ And everyone please keep in mind this is not a debate section this is about the hack not about real life it's a game thank you... Please take all dabates where they belong...... And remember Dling it is a choice noone can make you install it....
!@_o!

At my final resting place
!@_o!
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 1:47 AM
Having ten kids in a game that by default only supports eight people in a household is pretty unrealistic. Nice mod, and awesome screenshot.
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 3:03 AM
All I can say is thank you thank you thank you really your a life savior to all the dad and mom sims out their
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 12:18 PM
If you could lower it to want 5 children/grandchildren then, I would be extremly happy. Theres no way in heck that I could get 10 kids unless I use the quadruplet hack two times. -_-
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 12:31 PM
I have never been able to achieve the 10 kids want so this mod will come in extra handy.

Hey, my real life best friend has 10 kids. They range in age from 2 to 27. She homeschools them through 9th grade and also got her own university degree in Finance amidst all that. (No, they're not Mormon or Catholic...nor even hyper-religious.) Some folks are just built for the Ten Children Want :wink:
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 1:29 PM
Spirit Fox: the mod already does 5 children. The ten grandchildren want should only roll up for grandparents with two (or more) children, so it is still a hard want to fulfill, but no longer an impossible one :-)

sh0uriki: I have not touched the lifetime want, as you can only have one LTW mod in any given game install. Unlike a wants mod, LTW mods work differently in Seasons and pre-Seasons games, too. So it would break compatibility with older XPs if I included it.
Squinge at the inSimenator forum already has an excellent mod which lowers LTW requirements, including the grandchildren one.
Page 1 of 3