Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No autonomous Seasons outdoor games

by jordi Posted 4th May 2007 at 8:53 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2007 at 1:41 PM by jordi

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#2 Old 4th May 2007 at 8:57 PM
Thank you so much!
My sims started having a water ballon fight durring a wedding! This will teach em'.
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th May 2007 at 9:06 PM
Dankjewel!!
i really needed this!!
Muchos gracias :D
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th May 2007 at 10:56 PM
Oh this is great. Any chance of a pranking hack so sims won't autonomously prank.

You had eyes to see.
Need help with that rusty tool? x-x
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th May 2007 at 11:15 PM Last edited by jordi : 4th May 2007 at 11:23 PM.
Squinge already has a no autonomous pranking hack: here

I don't use it myself as the pranks don't really bother me, at least that can't kill them. But a Sim going outside in deep winter to throw snowballs until he freezes to death is no fun.

//Edit: heh, now I see Squinge has some of these disabled as well... either I didn't look well enough for them, or they're pretty new. Ah well.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 4th May 2007 at 11:46 PM
I've taken a different approach to this same problem, and gone straight for the personglobals menu and unticked adults from most of these tedious activities. So they can't initiate it, but they can join in with a child who initiates.

Of course, for various reasons most people are not gonna want a personglobals TTAB replacement, but I uploaded it anyway just in case.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th May 2007 at 4:35 AM
God bless you and your sister Sandra.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 5th May 2007 at 11:40 AM
You're a demi-god Thanks, I sooo hated when my customers in my shop started playing... Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th May 2007 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jordi
Squinge already has a no autonomous pranking hack: here

I don't use it myself as the pranks don't really bother me, at least that can't kill them. But a Sim going outside in deep winter to throw snowballs until he freezes to death is no fun.

//Edit: heh, now I see Squinge has some of these disabled as well... either I didn't look well enough for them, or they're pretty new. Ah well.

It doesnt matter now I just got a prank disabler. I hate pranks almost everyone in Strangetown is enemies because of the water balloons.

You had eyes to see.
Need help with that rusty tool? x-x
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th May 2007 at 1:40 AM
thanks, those games have been driving me crazy!

i am going to get Tosha Go, and it's going to look like an accident... because, she stole my newspaper.
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th May 2007 at 10:18 AM
Thank you so much. My sims thought it was fun to have Waterballoon fight
in the midle of winter. Silly sim at leat this will fix them.

Stupid people, Stupid people
I hate Stupid people!
Way too many of them in the world today.
I point no fingers.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th May 2007 at 7:45 PM
Does this play nicely with the Kitten Killer? It doesn't seem to be working for me and I'm getting a few other odd behaviours (floating toddlers, toddlers jumping for a moment before doing an action, pauses when interacting w/toddlers). Sim Wardrobe's hack detection utility isn't showing any conflicts (except the normal InTeenimater conflicts w/its own flavor paks).

It seems like this is a conflict; I'm just trying to figure out between what. No idea if it has to do with this mod. I'm taking it out along with some FFS hacks I installed at the same time to try to run it down.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th May 2007 at 11:19 PM
There's no conflict with the InTeen. I don't see how this mod would affect toddlers in any way.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th May 2007 at 5:52 PM
Thanks for your reply. I didn't mean for it to sound like I thought this mod was causing the toddler problems (although re-reading my post it does kind of sound that way), only that I seem to be having a mod conflict and that it's not working. I suspect that whatever is causing my other problems may also be causing this mod to not work, if that's possible, or that this mod is conflicting with another, in which case the toddler thing is just coincidental.
I really would like this to work since these behaviors are driving me nuts. So I will continue to try & figure out what my conflict(s) is(are).
Field Researcher
#15 Old 19th May 2007 at 9:34 AM
Thank you thank you! Having playful sims was a true pain in the behind with all these autonomous games!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th May 2007 at 11:45 AM
thank goodness.
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd May 2007 at 1:34 PM
I doesn't work for me! Damned...
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd May 2007 at 2:22 PM
Sereture: make sure you have no other hacks which work on these interactions, and that your custom content is enabled.
Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd May 2007 at 2:29 PM
I have other hacks, but, to my knowledge, I have none that effect playfulness or Sims interactions. But the no water balloon hack doesn't work for me either... And my Sims can't go anywhere in plublic without EVERYbody throwing water balloons at each other, from sun up till sun down. It's maddening!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 31st May 2007 at 6:06 PM
i noticed some of my sims having a water balloon fight during a winter birthday party, but since it ended when the party ended, i didn't panic.

;-)
Field Researcher
#21 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 1:01 AM
THANK YOU! Can you please make it so they don't go: "ITS RAINGING!" or "ITS SNOWING!" I esspecially hate the rain one. Rain: BIG DEAL

Playing since 2004.
“Marsh's Sim Shit” —Sims, challenges/legacies, stories, lots, and edits (updated March 2020)
Test Subject
#22 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 12:04 PM
I can't thank you enough for this fix! Without it, game play is literally to stressful in my homes with lots of kids. I can't always keep track of them and so many times the kids are half frozen outside from a snowball fight they decided to have without my knowing it. I spent most of my time canceling their actions rather than playing the game. Silly sims.
Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 9:55 AM
Excellent. Thanks for this. In their typical fashion Maxis overdid their new features to show them off. At my sim's used car yard, customers are constantly having water balloon fights in amongst the cars and it's really annoying.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 5:12 AM
The only one of these I have a problem with is the water balloon fight, and only because it hangs my game for a few seconds when a Sim initiates it. My big problem is kids jumping on the beds and overheating. I have lost way too many Sim kids this way (and I think it's a pretty stupid reason for the Social Worker to come, anyway. Your kid is having too much fun so they get taken?!).

Does anyone know of a similar mod that stops the autonomous bed-jumping?
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 5:28 PM
Thanks for this. I have Open For Business and my employees would stop working just to go join a water balloon fight. It really annoyed me, especially as sometimes they would freeze outside. I eventually just let them freeze to death outside (serves them right) but this should stop me having to hire new employees each time an old one dies. Thanks.
Page 1 of 2