Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wood & Copper Recolours of Maxis Mailbox

by BillySIMS139 Posted 6th May 2007 at 4:25 PM - Updated 20th Nov 2008 at 10:06 PM by -Maylin-

8 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Alchemist
#2 Old 7th May 2007 at 4:59 AM
Your mailbox recolors are so cool.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th May 2007 at 5:07 AM
Awesome I could use some of these ^^
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th May 2007 at 5:11 PM
very realistic, nicely done!

"Play it Sam..."

Also known as ~Drew elsewhere

~Drew's Sim Stories (Sims 2)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th May 2007 at 12:44 PM
All your recolors make my medieval and run-down ,haunted mansion type lots look so much better. The brilliant white/clean sububan maxis stuff was standing out like a sore thumb. Thankyou very much for these.
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th May 2007 at 1:52 PM
I downloaded your recolors of the mailbox and the garbage can. The garbage can works, but the mailbox does not. When I select the combination I want, it will turn that color for a second, then flash back to the default, even before I click the check mark to accept it. No matter how many times I attempt to change the color, it goes back to the default. Any ideas on why this might be?

Alex P. Keaton is the devil,
666seraphim
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th May 2007 at 1:33 AM
Default Maybe a conflict with another download?
Quote: Originally posted by 666seraphim
I downloaded your recolors of the mailbox and the garbage can. The garbage can works, but the mailbox does not. When I select the combination I want, it will turn that color for a second, then flash back to the default, even before I click the check mark to accept it. No matter how many times I attempt to change the color, it goes back to the default. Any ideas on why this might be?

I tested it many times in my game with no problems. The only thing I can think of is you are having a conflict with another download (ex. a default for the mailbox). It is a basegame object, so I would venture to say EPs or stuff packs should not be an issue.

Let me know if you use any of my recolors in a story, video, etc. I'd like to see it!
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th May 2007 at 3:36 AM
I assumed that too, but I have never attempted to use a recolor for the mailbox before. Thanks anyway.

Alex P. Keaton is the devil,
666seraphim
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 4:10 AM
I am going to re-download this again both the mail and trash recolor, I hope it work this time. I really like this ideas.