Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

20 recolours of free Peggy hair 0150 - *color binned*

by Wednesday17 Posted 10th May 2007 at 1:48 PM - Updated 17th May 2007 at 2:16 PM by Wednesday17

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th May 2007 at 7:19 PM
Peggy has 107 female hair downloads in the free area..I looked over the latest but could not find this one...what number hair is it? It looks like you did a great job.
Twink

Stressed is desserts spelled backwards...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2007 at 8:28 PM
This hairstyle is not so very new, so you wouldn't find it in the latest few. But why don't you look for number 0150 - I always put the number of the first hair with the mesh in my title, I don't know, how I can make it more clear than that (you are not the first to ask me about a mesh). Peggy forbids direct links, so all I can do is tell you the number and you have to find it yourself. Yes, I also like a direct link better than having to look through an entire website, but one can't violate their rules, especially when using their content *shrug*.

And thanks for your praise, it is highly apprechiated.
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th May 2007 at 8:41 PM
Super cool! Thanks for the many color choices.
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th May 2007 at 11:45 PM
Great recolors, I especially like the black. Thanks!
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th May 2007 at 2:48 AM
http://freearea.peggysims2.net/hair...age=80&key=null I think that is the correct link to the mesh. Great job, I would love to see some more recolours from you of Peggy's other hair. I really love her work but I fine that the red shade is never to my liking. Keep up the great work.
Theorist
#7 Old 12th May 2007 at 8:00 AM
Great job
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th May 2007 at 10:32 AM
I told myself to download no more female hairstyles in the next two weeks but I can't resist. You're right, that blue hairband looks really weird on some hair colors.

By the way, the mesh is on free hair page 75. And if you click 'View all downloads', it's on page 8. Hope that helps some of you.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th May 2007 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glwbender90
These are great recolors--I love them all! Do you think you can please have them all included in one zip to make it more convenient for those who like all the colors, because on MST2 I can only download one at a time...and downloading all these colors will take a looong time.

I am sorry, I know how tedious the downloading here is at times. But I still have reasons enough to put the files up individually:

1. It is a help for me as a creator to determine which colours are most popular, so I can take that into account for new projects.
2. I myself wouldn't like to have to download 20 files if I wanted only 3 of them. I didn't assume that anyone would like ALL recolours...
3. It is forbidden to include a rar and an zip cos it would take up twice the space on the server. Same with individual and a single download. But there's always the option for the Q-Xpress download, you might want to look into that.

And thanks for your thanks. *takes a bow*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th May 2007 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spitfire1303
http://freearea.peggysims2.net/hair...age=80&key=null I think that is the correct link to the mesh. Great job, I would love to see some more recolours from you of Peggy's other hair. I really love her work but I fine that the red shade is never to my liking. Keep up the great work.

Right, except she doesn't allow direct links... anyway, I'll try to be more specific next time (I thought, the number of the hair was enough to find it).

If you click on my user name and go to my profile, you'll find more of my hair recolours.
Unless there's an incredible new hairstyle this week, I'll take a break from creating cc to actually play my game and enjoy my own recolours for a bit.
Inventor
#11 Old 16th May 2007 at 12:35 PM
Superb! I don't usually get hair meshes but this time I did and your recolors. it was your recolors that got me going! I can verify page 75. I'd like to also add that I used Q-Xpress and it works like a charm. Talk about painless install! So I'd have to recommend that to others who don't want to install each individual one. While in Q-Xpress you can right click and choose to remove individual ones you don't want to install as well.

Thanks for sharing all your hard work! Very good work!
Xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 2:30 PM
*sigh* Peggy is a great creator,and I can see why she would keep her fantastic creations to herself,but I think it's the nuttiest and meanest business I've ever seen... making sims players pay to have good stuff in the game(it's not just Peggy that I'm mad at,it's all pay or...lol..."donation" sites. It's not "donating" if you're just doing it for the downloads! That's paying)...and why wouldn't you want direct links? Direct links show off your site,not keep people off it! Indirect links,for me as a person,make me think "Oh,no way. This site is huge and there is no way I'm searching every little download on it to find this. I'll just download something else". But,because of the person up there that gave me the link(sorry Peggy)I can now download this! Yay,thank you,Spitfire1303!
By the way,these are fantastic recolors and I totally agree about the blue. I mean, come on,red hair and blue pony? No way! It's like baby colors(primary colors)! I love these,they're perfect for my story.
~Fin

♥•♥☺Pippin☺♥•♥
Come see Pippin at http://www.pippin.7p.com/
Then email Pippin and Hannah at [email protected] !
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 1:17 PM
I'm not sure I get your ranting... I recolor only the free Peggy meshes (the pay hair only for myself) and Peggy gives one free item for every pay item, so I think that is fair. Yes I know, pay sites aren't really that legal to begin with, but if you're so bummed about it, just don't go there at all. Or grab all the free stuff, whatever.

There are reasons why people don't like hot links to their sites and that doesn't have to do anything with free or pay. So that is just a thing one has to respect, in my opinion.

And I am really sorry if it bothers you too much to read the TITLE of my posting, where it states the number of the hair. In future I'll give more specific directions, maybe I'll draw a map to the the mesh. But it is really not that hard to find a mesh, if you have the number. You just go to the free hair section, look what number is the latest and then there's a button where you can turn the pages up and down, that can't be so hard. Working on 30 files for each recolor is much more time-consuming than getting one tiny mesh file.

I am sorry if I sound harsh, but you seem to be very ungrateful for all the work other people do for you your amusement and for free - and in more than 90% of the downloads, don't even get that klick on the thank you button. And meshing is a very hard thing to do, I do understand when people want to get something in return for devoting so much of their free time to create cc for all of us.

But thank you for your praise and thanks for my recolors.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 9:25 AM
Hey. First let me say that these look great. Due to the number of hairs and my stuborn computer it did take me a while to download them all. I think I started a month ago. Oh, well, I was on vacation for two of those weeks, so they don't count, and I only tried only three days to get them.
I think you you did a great job of recoloring these. While, I don't like donation items it is mostly because I know I won't get them, not because I have a problem with paying for some of them, but because I hate to try and figure those things out. The process of signing up seems to be more than my technical savvy wants to mess with. If only I could pay cash. Maybe one of these days I will sit down and spend the day trying to figure it out and find out that it isn't so scary.
I didn't have any problem finding the mesh, but then since I had already downloaded it, I didn't look. As far as I can see you gave good instructions, by listing the hair number. Hair 150. Two hairs per page. Easy math. Anyway, great job. I look foward to seeing more.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 6:24 AM
Love your reds (cassis and wine-red), so hard to find, especially in recolors!! Thx
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 7:29 PM
your freaking link doesn't work
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 7:47 PM
Great job on this!
But the thing is, I always scan every page for meshes, and I can never find them, even when I know what number it is!
I would ask for a link, but I know Peggy forbids them.
Does she change the numbers? Because I don't see any 0150 meshes...
Help please?
o.O
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 4:24 PM
Default Just me ranting
Quote: Originally posted by Wednesday17
I'm not sure I get your ranting... I recolor only the free Peggy meshes (the pay hair only for myself) and Peggy gives one free item for every pay item, so I think that is fair. Yes I know, pay sites aren't really that legal to begin with, but if you're so bummed about it, just don't go there at all. Or grab all the free stuff, whatever.

There are reasons why people don't like hot links to their sites and that doesn't have to do anything with free or pay. So that is just a thing one has to respect, in my opinion.

And I am really sorry if it bothers you too much to read the TITLE of my posting, where it states the number of the hair. In future I'll give more specific directions, maybe I'll draw a map to the the mesh. But it is really not that hard to find a mesh, if you have the number. You just go to the free hair section, look what number is the latest and then there's a button where you can turn the pages up and down, that can't be so hard. Working on 30 files for each recolor is much more time-consuming than getting one tiny mesh file.

I am sorry if I sound harsh, but you seem to be very ungrateful for all the work other people do for you your amusement and for free - and in more than 90% of the downloads, don't even get that klick on the thank you button. And meshing is a very hard thing to do, I do understand when people want to get something in return for devoting so much of their free time to create cc for all of us.

But thank you for your praise and thanks for my recolors.

So if you spent years and wads of cash creating a video game, only to find out that other people are selling add-ons for your game, you wouldn't be upset? I understand making games better, but if I made a game and some decided to sell upgrades for it without my permission or without me reaping the benefits, I'd be upset. I don't know, it just seems a bit unethical to me.

Anyway your work is beautiful, and its a shame that I won't be able to use it because the link doesn't work anymore.
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 10:47 PM
On the new site I think I found it, page 26 in free female hair, it should have a blue hairband on all them
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 6:49 AM Last edited by Miss_Riot : 17th Dec 2011 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Remembered something other users might find very useful.
Wednesday: the hair's amazing, people whining about paysites- don't like it, don't use it....or go to http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/