Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Church Ministering Career(UPDATE: Added Teen Career)

by cmiles8 Posted 11th May 2007 at 3:02 AM - Updated 24th May 2007 at 5:58 PM by cmiles8

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th May 2007 at 12:33 PM
Very wonderful and thank you so much for sharing!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 11th May 2007 at 12:38 PM
awesome job ..i was looking for jobs like this that deals with around the church life

Be with us here this week as we remember Your journey toward the cross. With sad hearts, we contemplate Your death. But with confident hearts, we know that You are carrying out God's great plan of salvation.

Christ, as You take the path that leads to both death and life, may we journey with You.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th May 2007 at 6:13 PM
What a great idea, love it!

Thanks for sharing,
~Roxanne

SIMcredible's Painter
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th May 2007 at 1:35 AM
Teen career has now been added! It has not been fully tested as of yet. If you experience problems, please let me know!

Cmiles8
"There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness" - Josh Billings
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th May 2007 at 9:05 PM
Very nice idea! Thank you for sharing this.
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st May 2007 at 6:30 AM
I think this is a great idea. I always have a Priest in my game and a church he "owns" just so he is always there when my other Sims go to that community lot. With this I could play this sim and advance him to the highest level of the career before "assigning" him to the Sim's community Church.

I just started playing in Riverblossem and had not yet made a Church for them.
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 3:15 AM
Great career path! I just completed it with one of my sims, but ran into a problem...it only works with males to completion. My teenage female sims that start on this path convert to mad scientist role upon reaching adulthood. I haven't tried it with an adult female yet. This role motivated me to build my first church in simdom and a parish house for my male sim & family to live in.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 2:57 AM
It's good but what about Catholics? Priest instead of pastors, of course it could be because of difference in dialect between Americans and my country.

Honor, Loyalty, and Sacrifice
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 11:02 PM Last edited by Tigger : 27th Jun 2008 at 2:16 AM. Reason: Problem diagnosed
Quote: Originally posted by grandmajam_of6
Great career path! I just completed it with one of my sims, but ran into a problem...it only works with males to completion. My teenage female sims that start on this path convert to mad scientist role upon reaching adulthood. I haven't tried it with an adult female yet. This role motivated me to build my first church in simdom and a parish house for my male sim & family to live in.

This is really weird as the career is written for both genders at the same time, within the same path. LOL ... you have my curiousity going though and I will have a look a the coding to see what is going on with this. This is something new in the way of reports that I have never seen.

EDIT: Okay, I checked the coding of the career and found this:

Level 4: "Choir Singer" works fine for Males, but does not have a chance card for the 2nd choice (good) outcome. This card has a 53% change of coming up.

Level 7: "Usher" is blank for both Male & Female ... only has description for this level, but 0% chance of card coming up. Scenario for card has the number 9, but no cards.

Other than those two finds, the career is identical for both genders, with the usual references changed to make the career gender specific.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 7:59 AM
thank you very much

I can't speak read and write english. I'm sorry if you can't understand!.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 12:08 AM
Thanks a lot! My step-dad is a pastor in real life and I am glad to finally have a career for him in the Sims 2. =]
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 4:01 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 6:21 PM
Thank You
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 7:49 PM
Thank you.