Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

NRP: 18 recolors/retextures (4 reds) of melodie9's all-ages short perm (UNI needed)

by alkaloid Posted 13th May 2007 at 3:14 PM - Updated 1st Oct 2007 at 12:58 AM by alkaloid

4 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th May 2007 at 2:10 PM
These look fantastic I really love your hairs, especially the reds.

Will they overwrite the old ones, or do we have to delete those manually if we only want one batch in the game?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th May 2007 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charamei
These look fantastic I really love your hairs, especially the reds.

Will they overwrite the old ones, or do we have to delete those manually if we only want one batch in the game?

Thank you!

They're new hair files, in different shades of red, and won't overwrite the old files.

Basically, I've hit upon a set of standard colors, and I'm going to try and stick with them as much as possible in order to better work with the Seasons changing-hair-with-outfits feature. Some of the colors will be appearing more frequently than others, and I haven't standardized my punk colors beyond trying to match colors to the photos on the Manic Panic site.

The old ginger is pretty close to my current "titian red", so if you want a titian, you should hold on to that one. The others are lighter and darker titian shades, and I probably won't be making any more recolors that match them. However, the darker titian red is similar to a lot of other recolorers' "natural red", and the lighter titian matches some of Kaneonapua's reds. So I don't think they need deleting unless you're on a campaign against bright hair.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th May 2007 at 7:33 AM Last edited by malthaussen : 16th May 2007 at 8:00 AM.
Love your hair colors, and your reds are becoming better with every refinement. (isn't red hair a bugger?) I use a lot of different reds in my 'hood (where there's a group of families known as the "Redhead Conspiracy"), and I wonder if you might consider doing reds for some of the default Maxis longhair meshes, especially the straight center-parted hair and the sort of wind-blown side-parted hair that came with Uni (or was it NL). I use those meshes a lot, and have to struggle along with my own rather mediocre recolors of them.

The "default" longhair mesh would be a useful recolor, because there are other custom meshes that can use the same bitmaps and alphas. The other... well, yeah, it's annoying having to do ten-odd bitmaps for each lifestage of one hair color (and probably would make an awfully big file). Now that I think of it, though, the bmps for the former can be easily edited to use in the latter...

-- Mal

"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th May 2007 at 1:28 AM
These are just what I need! Thanks for posting all these lovely red recolours, I've been looking for this kind of thing for soo long now =D Now I can make my friend's simself! *happy dance*