Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Unbuyable Collection - Updated 28/05/07

by Gretle Posted 20th May 2007 at 7:16 AM - Updated 16th Dec 2008 at 5:56 PM by -Maylin-

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd May 2007 at 4:06 AM
Thanks, this'll come in handy.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
- Mark Twain
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd May 2007 at 5:57 AM
Great, this is really handy to have.

Yes I agree as well, quite shallow and pedantic....
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd May 2007 at 7:16 AM
Awesome, would you be able to upload it using QX please as its the only way I can download from MTS2? Thank you.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd May 2007 at 10:14 AM
Thanks loads all this sorting that people have done really helps with the clutter in Sim land, now if I could only get the same done for around my house
Alchemist
#6 Old 22nd May 2007 at 1:25 PM
Whoooheee! Thanks especially for the satellite!!!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd May 2007 at 4:48 PM
amazing! my game is now far from what maxis originally intended it to be. i feel so sneaky! i dont know how this is done but, wow, thank you.

i really hope my game doesnt eventually blow up with all ive installed into its play.
Theorist
#8 Old 22nd May 2007 at 5:03 PM
Thanks!!
Just one Question,
When Seasons is Installed it shades out these objects, Or at least it did last time I installed one of these.
Can i be assured that It WILL work?
I know that The Satalight and Potions will work though.

Thanks in advacne!!

PETCHY14

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd May 2007 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PETCHY14
Thanks!!
Just one Question,
When Seasons is Installed it shades out these objects, Or at least it did last time I installed one of these.
PETCHY14

Did you try buying the items in the build mode?
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd May 2007 at 7:48 PM
Exilent! i love it ^^thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th May 2007 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwianagirl
Awesome, would you be able to upload it using QX please as its the only way I can download from MTS2? Thank you.

Fixed, I think.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th May 2007 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PETCHY14
Thanks!!
Just one Question,
Can i be assured that It WILL work?
I know that The Satalight and Potions will work though.

Thanks in advacne!!

PETCHY14

Updated download details to address the greyed-outness. As far as Seasons goes, you should be fine - they're still the same Maxis objects, just more easily available.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th May 2007 at 11:41 PM
Thank you very much.
Instructor
#14 Old 25th May 2007 at 12:18 AM
Thank you for this, some of those things I don't think I've even seen before.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 3:09 AM
Thank you so much, now I can start a fish store and a magic store, I just have one question, can you get the fruits and veggies from Seasons and put them in this collection? Thank you so much for this.

"Okay, I know what you're thinking. Eick, bad guy. You think I'm a super-villain like Dr. Doom or Apocalypse or-or The Riddler. But I admit I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things, a-and now I'm back. I've learned. I'm good again."
Eick (Eickley)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eickley8472
Thank you so much, now I can start a fish store and a magic store, I just have one question, can you get the fruits and veggies from Seasons and put them in this collection? Thank you so much for this.

I can try ... I didn't put them in before because their value is dependant on the amount of care you put into the plant, so getting them straight out of the buy catalogue is, I think, going to make them kind of useless. I'll check it out, though.
Test Subject
#17 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 1:04 PM
This will wokr great for my robot shop :]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 9:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gretle
I can try ... I didn't put them in before because their value is dependant on the amount of care you put into the plant, so getting them straight out of the buy catalogue is, I think, going to make them kind of useless. I'll check it out, though.

Okay, I've checked and tested and I was right, this is no good. I'm open to other requests, though.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 9:52 PM
Thank you for doing the hard work and putting all of these together. I am just wondering if you can get the produce (fruts/vegies), and reward objects into the collectio. Sorry to ask but I would really be thabnkful. Also great work. Thanks again.

"Okay, I know what you're thinking. Eick, bad guy. You think I'm a super-villain like Dr. Doom or Apocalypse or-or The Riddler. But I admit I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things, a-and now I'm back. I've learned. I'm good again."
Eick (Eickley)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 11:39 PM
Thank you for doing the hard work and putting all of these together. I am just wondering if you can get the produce (fruts/vegies), and reward objects into the collectio. Sorry to ask but I would really be thabnkful. Also great work. Thanks again.

I've tried the vegetables, but they're not suitable - see above. I'm working on a separate collection for the career reward objects. Hopefully it'll get done by the weekend.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 9:29 PM
Cheers!, this is most useful! - thanks for sharing!...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 4:41 AM
Hey I love this collection and use it all the time but since I installed Bon Voyage I can't take out any of the items. I was wondering if there is anything you can do and if you can I would be greatful.

Eick (Eickley)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 8:01 AM
Hey I love this collection and use it all the time but since I installed Bon Voyage I can't take out any of the items. I was wondering if there is anything you can do and if you can I would be greatful.

Since I don't have Bon Voyage (nor, sadly, am I likely to without upgrading my computer), I think there's not much I can do. One thing you could try is creating a new collection, then opening my collection and moving over some of the items with the "add to collection" icon on the popup.

Also: you are in build mode, right? You must be, if you've been fine with using the past.

Best of luck.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 8:02 PM
Hi!
This is brill!
One thing though, please please please please can you do a seprate file but just for the base game? I don't have any expation packs #everyone else hisses and boos around me# and this seems like a great collection. Please? That would be great if you could!

There is no spoon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teirrah1995
Hi!
This is brill!
One thing though, please please please please can you do a seprate file but just for the base game? I don't have any expation packs #everyone else hisses and boos around me# and this seems like a great collection. Please? That would be great if you could!

I think (but I'm not sure) that you should be able to use this with just the base game - the objects from other expansion packs just won't show up. Have you tried it? If it didn't work, I'll make you another version.
Page 1 of 2