Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The lifting libary (Door)

by CrazoDingoDude Posted 28th May 2007 at 4:11 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 3:55 PM by -Maylin-

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th May 2007 at 4:40 PM
Nice!!! haha the file-name is secert_door and not secret_door (as I think it should be)...
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:04 PM
Looks good, nice work on it.

Yes I agree as well, quite shallow and pedantic....
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th May 2007 at 6:43 PM
Awesome job for your first upload, continue to share your work with us
thank you

It is not in the right category, if they dont do it, ask for a staff member to move it in bulding/dooors-windows

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Theorist
#5 Old 28th May 2007 at 7:30 PM
I appreciate the effort you put into this and your willingness to share with others. But unfortunately I cannot see actually using it because the door is not secret, as Boblishman's secret door is. I think it really should have books in it, but they could be differently coloured than the standard bookcase ones if you are concerned about finding it. It would also be nice if the door frame did not show or were invisible, as pfish's secret door is.
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th May 2007 at 10:43 PM
Default i agree
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
I appreciate the effort you put into this and your willingness to share with others. But unfortunately I cannot see actually using it because the door is not secret, as Boblishman's secret door is. I think it really should have books in it, but they could be differently coloured than the standard bookcase ones if you are concerned about finding it. It would also be nice if the door frame did not show or were invisible, as pfish's secret door is.
i agree...this is a pointless door

YAY :/
Field Researcher
#7 Old 28th May 2007 at 11:13 PM
One person's "pointless object" is another person's treasure.
Considering I don't even know how to make objects, I think they did great.

Let me know if you use any of my recolors in a story, video, etc. I'd like to see it!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 29th May 2007 at 12:51 AM
I'm gonna quote Bloo for a minute.
Secret door! Secret door! Secret door! Secret door! Secret door! Secret door! Secret door! Secret door! Secret door! Secret door! Secret door! Secret door!
Theorist
#9 Old 29th May 2007 at 9:45 AM
lmao, I like this. its a Change and Mabey you could make a Tape saying, 'stay back Book-worm attack' !! THEN no-one would suspect that it was a Door!!!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Field Researcher
#10 Old 29th May 2007 at 2:39 PM
Oh awsome! I wish I had that a little while ago though but thanks!

~* Midsummer's Night Dream *~
One will turn, one will fight, the other will die
A new Action/Adventure,Mystery,SciFi/Fantasy story on my Simpage.
Username-- KaikouChick013
Look me up! ^^
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th May 2007 at 2:50 PM
Ah, intriguing! This really brings to life the desired "Hogwarts fantasy" theme where you can come across a bookcase that is actually a door! Ingenious.
Scholar
#12 Old 29th May 2007 at 3:08 PM
I like Boblishman's sliding bookcase door, and I use that quite a lot, but I like the idea of a swinging bookcase door as well, mainly because Boblishman's door leaves a 2 tile gap in the wall, but only one of those tiles is covered by the bookcase, making it stand out quite clearly when trying to hide it among real bookcases (and if you try to fill the gap using moveobjects on, sims will complain about blocked paths).
So, no, this is not a useless object, but I wish it was a bit more invisible/seamless (only a doorframe and the bookcase covering it) and I also agree it should have books.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Theorist
#13 Old 29th May 2007 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwillewyn
So, no, this is not a useless object, but I wish it was a bit more invisible/seamless (only a doorframe and the bookcase covering it) and I also agree it should have books.
Yes, I quite agree, Boblishman's sliding door bookcase can be quite awkward to use convincingly: a swinging bookcase door would be an real asset. If CrazoDingoDude can fix these two concerns this will be a truly outstanding object!
Theorist
#14 Old 29th May 2007 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Connahpo
Ah, intriguing! This really brings to life the desired "Hogwarts fantasy" theme where you can come across a bookcase that is actually a door! Ingenious.
There is also an actual Griffindor "Fat Lady" door located here. Do you get the impression I'm fascinated by secret doors?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 30th May 2007 at 4:03 PM
Love it. Won't be using it myself as there's really not a house in my neighborhood that could use this, but it's a great concept and personally prefer it to the others I've seen.

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Instructor
#16 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 11:22 AM
Very good idea. Well done.

Retired...

kind of.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 9:05 PM
I like this, but I would like a secret door less obviously a door.
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 9:37 AM
not bad, just an sugestion for an update, try using the bookshelf from university expantion, it should hide the doorframe better but stiil another good step to the right path i seen here on secret doors
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th May 2008 at 10:11 PM
this is good...you should put the books on it, maybe have a book sticking out that the sim would touch to open the door.

I'm just another one of those simulated Sims.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 10:41 PM
Thank you for providing a bookshelf door, we never have enough of those. Even if the download seems "pointless", I'm still thanking you for the effort, because I will never ever get AL again, right after it kept overheating my computer.
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 8:43 PM
I am the only one who have a problem with that? Maybe this didn't work well on TS2 UC. This mod mix with every front door in every house that I even didn't play. It's not like a full replacement but kinda mixed with already existed door. That's a really weird problem. Anyone have a similar problem?