Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Weatherproof (!) A-Frame for Basegame Families

by aelflaed Posted 3rd Jun 2007 at 10:50 AM - Updated 29th Oct 2008 at 7:17 AM by aelflaed : updated file

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 3:25 PM
All of your A-frames are great! I'm downloading and using them since I always have a lot of starter families. I do wish, however, that you always included floorplans in the illustrations - as you did in this one.

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 4:58 PM
I am really loving these A-frames Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 5:35 PM
I really like your written discription of the houses. It adds a nice touch. Almost like I'm shopping for houses with a real estate agent. =) Thanks for your two great A-frames!

Sims...the perfect outlet for the God complex in all of us!

Check out the stories on my Sim Page!
http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/pod.php?user_id=957920
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 5:49 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 9:11 PM
That house is super cute!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 4:09 AM
This is a really cute house, but I think there may be a hole in it somewhere...My poor young Sim couple froze in their own bedroom. I haven't had this problem in other houses. Maybe it was just a glitch or something wrong in my own game, but I'd like to know if others have had this problem.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 5:04 AM
Alyx, I'm sorry your sims froze. Were they upstairs or down?

I am not aware of any holes in this house (sure it's this one and not the other one of mine, which certainly DOES have a hole?). However, as I don't have Seasons, there may be some problem that doesn't show up for me. If we can identify it, I will try and fix it for you.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 7:33 AM
They were downstairs. I looked some, but couldn't find any holes myself...but since you built it you might have an easier time finding it if there is one...I'm sure it was this one because I dled both. I still want to use it, so if a fix is found, I'd love to know.
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 8:54 AM
My god! This is....strange? I don't like this house. Sorry...
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 12:20 AM
Alyx, I have discovered the problem. 'Roof' walls don't count as indoor walls for Seasons, and I used as many as possible here to save funds (since they come free with the roof). So, no hole, but definitely not weather-proof.

I can build a Seasons-friendly version of the house, if you like. It will be more expensive, but may still sneak in as a starter lot.

I'm glad you posted your issue - with only the basegame, I have no idea how my creations work for others with EPs. Luckily, it's a fixable problem.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 1:08 AM
It would be great if you could make a weather proof house out of this one. I'm glad it's fixable too. I don't mind doing a little kaching for my young couples to start with this one. Thanks for checking this out, aelfaed.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 2:28 AM
I've altered the house so it should work with Seasons - I would like it tested before I consider it finished.

Alyx, there is an information window which can be called up to check if a square is weather-proof, so you don't have to wait for snow. Can you do that for me if I upload the revised file here?

This link tells you how to open the info window...
http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...957&postcount=6
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 3:20 PM
I'll do that today.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 8:49 AM
I would love to know whether this house is ok for Seasons, as I have all EP's. I love the house, thanks so much for sharing. I'll watch to see how you go

Thanks again! Well done, it's really nice

Dooglebear
Alchemist
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 1:10 AM
Dooglebear, I believe it is fine. Since I haven't heard from Alyx in a while, I suggest you go ahead and try it out - if it doesn't work, please let me know.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 4:10 AM
thank you so much aelflaed!! Downloading now, it is beautiful

Dooglebear