Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 1:21 PM Last edited by Lunar Eclipse : 10th Jun 2007 at 10:54 PM.
Default Taking "Shine" out of accessories! Help
Okay.. I skimmed ALL OVER the tutorials section and could not figure out how to fix this.
There is a tutorial on how to make things shiny... but I could not find one to do the reverse.
(I tried setting reflectivity to "none" and stdMatEnvCubeCoef to "0,0,0", (but all these settings were ALREADY on the non reflective state.)
My mesh STILL shines!

I started with the "Thickrims" glasses and imported a new mesh for a hat accessory. Everything works great except the hat has the same shiny look as the glasses frame did. I don't know why and cannot figure it out.

I'd like my hat accessory to not be shiny!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 1:50 PM Last edited by Paleoanth : 10th Jun 2007 at 2:03 PM.
Try:

Reflectivity=1 (this is a weird thing, the higher the number the less reflective)

stdMatEnvCubeMode=none
make sure the stdMatEnvCubeTextureName has been deleted in both the properties and the file list areas.

ETA: I have used the above on objects and it works, but have not tried on accessories as I have only made earrings.

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Paleoanth
Try:

Reflectivity=1 (this is a weird thing, the higher the number the less reflective)

stdMatEnvCubeMode=none
make sure the stdMatEnvCubeTextureName has been deleted in both the properties and the file list areas.

ETA: I have used the above on objects and it works, but have not tried on accessories as I have only made earrings.

Thank you for the advice! I tried... but my hat is still shiny.
This is so weird...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 3:55 PM Last edited by Lunar Eclipse : 10th Jun 2007 at 6:31 PM.
Okay! I did it.

All I did was add"1" to the end of:
stdMatDiffCoef: 0.8,0.8,0.8

So after it was:
stdMatDiffCoef: 0.8,0.8,0.8,1

THEN I changed the "Type" in the cMaterialDefinition tab to:
"SimStandardMaterial" INSTEAD of the previous "StandardMaterial".

(While keeping reflectivity and everything else at 0 and none as written opposite to the "make clothing shiny/bumpy/reflective" tutorial).

I think this technique should be added to the accessory tutorials for people making none reflective accessories from glasses meshes.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 4:21 PM
AWESOMESAUCE!