Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Have Dessert (Single) with Make/Make Many Option for Bakeries

by Morague Posted 14th Jun 2007 at 11:17 AM - Updated 11th Dec 2008 at 5:55 AM by Morague

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 5:11 PM
Cool! This'll make the bakery business a lot easier.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 6:35 PM
yay! i always needed individual slices of cheesecake! perfect!
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 2:02 AM
My Jacquet family thanks you profusely.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 5:00 AM
Perfect for my bakery! Thank you!
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 8:11 PM
Questions:

Does it require any specific object on the lot?

Are high cooking skills still needed to get the different types of desserts?

Thanks
Space Pony
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 11:34 PM
Hello Motoko,

It doesn't require anything specific - just the normal stuff they'd need when making a group serving of the dessert (fridge, oven). They still need the same cooking skill level they need to make the group dessert - so they need:

Baked Alaska - level 8 (Base game)
Cheesecake - level 7 (OfB)
Cake - level 6 (Base game)
Berry Pie - level 5 (OfB)
Crepes - level 4 (NL)
Santa Cookies - level 1 (Holiday pack)
Gelatin - no level required (Base game)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 5:25 PM
Wonderful! Thank you. Just curious, where did you get the chocolate pudding

Biggest wishes for TS3:
Wider variety of harvestables and crops from TS1 & TS2 returning to the game
Wider variety of foods
More gems/metals/rocks/ore
Space Pony
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 12:18 AM
Ah, well, the chocolate pudding is coming soon

I'll try to get it finished up today
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 2:13 PM
You really do come through with your promises Morague .

Biggest wishes for TS3:
Wider variety of harvestables and crops from TS1 & TS2 returning to the game
Wider variety of foods
More gems/metals/rocks/ore
Forum Resident
#11 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 1:52 AM
thank you

What about the thousands of wonderful men and women who are fighting this war without any of the credit or the glory that always goes to those lucky few who just happen to get shot?
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 7:49 PM
Great idea! Thanks very much for this
RETROTROUT
#13 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 5:04 PM
thanks for making this but i just found some bugs in it, all those downloads (the single plates of deserts) are all global mods, can you please fix it... i want to have my sims serve single plates of the deserts
Space Pony
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 12:47 AM Last edited by Morague : 21st Jun 2007 at 1:10 AM.
Hello retrotrut,

Ok - I just tested every dessert - they are all working as they are supposed to.

If you want you sim to sevre desserts you still need to choose the Serve Dessert option, if you want them to Have Dessert then you choose the Have Dessert option. Serve Dessert makes the group dessert, Have Dessert makes one, single dessert.

Are you saying that you no longer get the option to Serve Dessert? Or were you choosing Have Dessert but thinking that they would be able to serve it? The game just doesn't work that way. It's like clicking on Have Meal .... Chili. You get one bowl of Chili. You can't serve that, it's just one bowl of chili. If you want the group meal you have to choose Serve Meal.... Chili, then you get the group meal & the sims serves out individual bowls of chili from that group meal. The desserts work exactly the same way. If you want them to serve the dessert, you have to choose the Serve option, otherwise you are only going to get one single plate.
RETROTROUT
#15 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 5:24 PM
no what i meant to say that when i dowloaded the single plates of foods at the start up of the sims 2 seasons it says that each one of the single deserts overrides the semiglobals and it makes my sims move slow ,really slow on the laptop and when i removed it my sims was working normally with all the other downloads (food, insimenator, etc)
Space Pony
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 8:50 PM
Well, these are global mods because that's the only way to enable the Have a Dessert option. I can't explain why it's slowing down your computer - these are tiny mods - just a couple of code lines that really only affect the text that gets displayed. There isn't anything in them that would cause a slowdown, especially at start up - they don't even get called until you click on the fridge.

One thing to try would be to delete the groups.cache file from your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder & let the game regenerate a new one. Perhaps there's something in there that is affecting this. I have had that happen with other mods - it's certainly worth a try & will not hurt anything. The game regenerates groups.cache when it starts up if it does not find a copy. Now - the first time it generates this file it will be slower than usual, but, after that things should speed up. In any event, please let me know what happens.
RETROTROUT
#17 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 12:52 PM
well if the global mods are only for the "have a desert option" then how come when i downloaded the icecream from simaddict99 (the sims resource) and i already have the have desert option and its not a global mod, God its so confusing :S
Space Pony
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 2:13 PM
Ok - I'll try to explain this as best as I can. The ice cream is a custom food & has it's own GUID, so it's not global, there isn't any ice cream in the game. All of the single desserts above are just tiny mods - to enable the existing in-game desserts to be able to be served singly. Someone could, I suppose, if they wanted to, clone all of the desserts & make them into single servings, all with their own GUIDs & those would not be global. But...... what would be the point in 1) wasting all of that time & believe me, it's considerable & 2) wasting computer resources? These mods I did are about 1 or 2k - typical custom foods are 400 or 500k each or more. It just does not make any sense to me to clone the 6 or 7 desserts to make them single servings when it's much better for your game to just use the ones that are already available in the game. I'd much rather see 6 new, custom desserts.

I hope that clears it up
Forum Resident
#19 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 3:11 AM
Hi Morague, I have problem here:
1. At breakfast time, Cheesecake doesn't show up in the Have & Serve Dessert menu. At lunch & dinner time, Cheesecake does show up in the "Have Dessert" menu, but not in the "Serve Dessert" menu. But when sim want to have cheesecake, he serve the cheesecake instead.
2. Can you modify this mod so that only Santa Cookies can be haved & served at all times, and the other 6 can only be haved & served at lunch and dinner time, (like the original time)?

Thank you.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 4:19 AM
Thanks for letting me know - there was an error in the cheesecake & I have fixed it. I can't believe I missed it. LOL - not wanting twins right now, I guess.

I've made an alternative set - that are not available at Breakfast. I included the Santa Cookies in that as well, because otherwise you still get the extra menus. You can mix & match these as you please - just download both but extract to different folders, then pick which ones you want available all the time & which ones only for lunch & dinner.

Personally I like the CheeseCake to be available all the time in case I decided to go for twins. Because that brings up the Have & Serve Dessert menus, I just include all the other desserts. I figure, might as well since the menus is there anyway Anyway, you should be able to customize these however you want between the 2 sets. Just remember, you can only have one copy of the mod installed at any time, so store the rest somewhere else or delete them.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 4:24 AM
Thank you Morague, for fixing the problem. Great mod.
Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 3:36 PM
Thank you so much for this. It will make my bakery sims life so much better.

Don't be afraid to see what you see. Facts are stubborn things.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 10:10 PM
Thanks!!! This will be very helpful for my new bakery!!!

more of my creations here

Do not recolour my creations without my permission.

Do not upload my sims, or my creations at the Sims 2 Exchange. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 3:50 PM
Thanks..
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 4th May 2008 at 10:47 PM
OMG I can't thank you ENOUGH for this! It is exactly what I have been looking for! <3

Going to try right now and verify that this works with Freetime, though I suspect it does because someone above me posted after the date Freetime came out to thank you. I'll just double check and post. ;D
Page 1 of 2