Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Urnstone Spawner; Updated 09/28/08

by mike_1102 Posted 23rd Jun 2007 at 4:46 PM - Updated 25th Mar 2010 at 5:56 PM by mike_1102

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 5:04 PM
It crashed my game. but I was looking forward for an item like this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaina Solo
It crashed my game. but I was looking forward for an item like this.

thanx for letting me know.
can you give me more information about the crash? like exactly when and how it crashes? and what expansions do you have installed?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 5:20 PM
Well, it was at the starting screen, just before the neighborhood chooser. It just crashed back to the desktop screen without any warning.
After that, I deleted the file and the game went on fine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 5:36 PM
Well, it was at the starting screen, just before the neighborhood chooser. It just crashed back to the desktop screen without any warning.
After that, I deleted the file and the game went on fine.

Do you have any expansions installed?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 5:39 PM
Yes. I have all expensions until Pets. You can view them in my user card.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 5:50 PM Last edited by mike_1102 : 23rd Jun 2007 at 5:58 PM.
Yes. I have all expensions until Pets. You can view them in my user card.

Thanks for all your feedback. I'm trying to find the problem right now but I need to hear from more people. I tested this in my game which does have Seasons. And the strange thing is, even if it is not compatible with Pets which I think it should be, it still shouldn't crash the game before the neighbourhood chooser.
Instructor
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 7:12 PM Last edited by callum91 : 23rd Jun 2007 at 7:19 PM.
mike_1102,thank you for this,but sadly I dont play anymore =[
But, I think what the problem could be is,
did you make the object BaseGameCompatible?
In SimPE theres an option so you can turn off all non basegame object from being shown in the ObjectWorkshop, that therefore gives any object that you cloned a "BaseGame Code" which then means it will work with any game =]
I know this because my animation painting made peoples game crash,and I think Pets was the thing that caused it....Good Luck! =]

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...t=193642&page=1
very coolness info ^

ps,Mods/Smarter peepiz than me,if I got this info wrong,throw sticks at me!

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
Forum Resident
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 8:46 PM
I have all EPs and SPs so I'll go ahead and try it and see if it works in my game and report back. Because even if it's not base game compliant, it should still work for me, right?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
I have all EPs and SPs so I'll go ahead and try it and see if it works in my game and report back. Because even if it's not base game compliant, it should still work for me, right?

Yes, it should work. It only requires one EP after University to work. I hope it won't crash your game too.
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 9:24 PM
i had the same problem as jaina_solo.
when it was at the loading screen right before the neighborhood selection it would crash and drop me at the desktop.

it was a very frustrating process because i had downloaded a batch of new items and i didn't know which it would be.
i went through almost 3000 downloads and finally found what was causing the crash lol.
but thats beside the point-
i'm very sad this didn't work :[
i was looking forward to it!

as soon as i uninstalled this my game worked just as normal.
hope the feedback helped! <33

i would die for you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 9:38 PM Last edited by mike_1102 : 28th Jun 2007 at 9:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by callum91
mike_1102,thank you for this,but sadly I dont play anymore =[
But, I think what the problem could be is,
did you make the object BaseGameCompatible?
In SimPE theres an option so you can turn off all non basegame object from being shown in the ObjectWorkshop, that therefore gives any object that you cloned a "BaseGame Code" which then means it will work with any game =]
I know this because my animation painting made peoples game crash,and I think Pets was the thing that caused it....Good Luck! =]

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...t=193642&page=1
very coolness info ^

ps,Mods/Smarter peepiz than me,if I got this info wrong,throw sticks at me!

Thanx for link. It's very good information. I never knew those options to exclude EP resources. I made this object from a clone of the Rodney's Death Creator, a maxis debugging object, and the thing is, it's not that the Death Creator was changed in Nightlife, that has made the spawner base-game incompatible, but it's the urnstone global that was changed. So to make this work in the base game, I'd have to add additional BHAVs to set up the spawned urnstones correctly.

Now, maybe the mistake is that I forgot to use the Object Workshop to clone the original object - I just pulled its resources directly out of the object.package file and changed a few things to make it into a new object. Could that be the cause of the crash? But then it worked fine in my game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vampire_bunnies
i had the same problem as jaina_solo.
when it was at the loading screen right before the neighborhood selection it would crash and drop me at the desktop.

it was a very frustrating process because i had downloaded a batch of new items and i didn't know which it would be.
i went through almost 3000 downloads and finally found what was causing the crash lol.
but thats beside the point-
i'm very sad this didn't work :[
i was looking forward to it!

as soon as i uninstalled this my game worked just as normal.
hope the feedback helped! <33

I appreciate your feedback, vampire_bunnies and apologize for the trouble.
Can you tell me what expansions you have?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 12:46 AM
Will this work for me because I have all the eps and sps?

You had eyes to see.
Need help with that rusty tool? x-x
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mike_1102
I appreciate your feedback, vampire_bunnies and apologize for the trouble.
Can you tell me what expansions you have?

of course.
i have only the nightlife expansion pack saddly enough... lol.
i'm desperatly trying to get the rest though, haha.
hope that helped! :]

i would die for you
Scholar
#16 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 7:50 PM
I've tested this mod this afternoon and I haven't had any crash. I have all the EP and stuff pack...

By the way it's an interesting mod. Thank you mike_1102 !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 9:22 PM
Thank you for telling me that Mihura i've downloaded it now and its working fine.

You had eyes to see.
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 9:37 PM
Works well in my game, but has no selection for family sims and no death type for death by old age.
Can't remember if I saw "death by cowplant" in there either.

I've been looking for something like this for a while tho as I've lost many tombstones through lots screwing up and the disappearing tombstone bug.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Richard Cunningham
Works well in my game, but has no selection for family sims and no death type for death by old age.
Can't remember if I saw "death by cowplant" in there either.

I've been looking for something like this for a while tho as I've lost many tombstones through lots screwing up and the disappearing tombstone bug.

Thank you guys for letting me that this works at least in some of your games!
The reason why you didn't see the option for family aspiration and death by old age is because they were selected already, by default.
Test Subject
#20 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 6:36 AM
Oh, so there is a "disappearing tombstone bug." Whew, thought my game was just haunted, I've had numerous tombstones vanish or turn sideways on me for no reason. I've downloaded this item but have not tested it yet. If it works, kudos, because maybe this will help me retore the ghost of Nina.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 8:15 AM
I love this mod. I just got Bella's tombstone and a few of Mortimers relatives and even Brandi Broke's husband. Thank you soooooooo much.

You had eyes to see.
Test Subject
#22 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Scruff
Oh, so there is a "disappearing tombstone bug." Whew, thought my game was just haunted, I've had numerous tombstones vanish or turn sideways on me for no reason.

That happens when ghost sims decide to leap into a tombstone to make it float.
Sometimes when it lands it'll turn sideways and occasionally be deleted and gone forever... until now

Thank you guys for letting me that this works at least in some of your games!
The reason why you didn't see the option for family aspiration and death by old age is because they were selected already, by default.

Thanks for that. Didn't realise.

Looking forward to a pets version.
Had a couple of pet tombstones MIA and would love to see my creepy ghostcat again.

Just fyi, I have all expansions and it's working great.
Don't know if you needed to know that or not but there it is.

Thanks again for creating this!!!!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 12:18 PM
Is there any way to create this mod fit for OFB? I've been longing for a mod like this for awhile now..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 3:20 PM
Is there any way to create this mod fit for OFB? I've been longing for a mod like this for awhile now..

I'm very sorry that the current version is causing your game to crash. I am intending to make this mod compatible at least for all the expansions since nightlife, so I AM trying to find out why it crashes some of your games. So far, after more than 500 people downloading this, I've only heard from two of you reporting the crash.

So I do need more information, and hear from more people. And I remember last time you posted, you told me you also have the Pets expansion?

I have made a new version, in which I changed some values that I think might be responsible for the crash. If you can help me test this in your game, let me know and I'll send you the new version.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 3:29 PM
So I do need more information, and hear from more people. And I remember last time you posted, you told me you also have the Pets expansion?

I have made a new version, in which I changed some values that I think might be responsible for the crash. If you can help me test this in your game, let me know and I'll send you the new version.

Hey, I'm not angry! I very much appriciate your affords.
I said I have all the expensions, until pets. which means I have: university, nightlife and OFB.
I would gladly like to help testing the new version, I'll PM you with my e-mail.
Page 1 of 2