Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Black Glass User interface (New Update!!!) V3

by PigiePower Posted 25th Jun 2007 at 10:49 PM - Updated 7th Apr 2008 at 4:53 PM by PigiePower : Needed Repraseing

83 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 77 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 11:18 PM
For your first upload, that's pretty freakin' cool!

Sclumbly doo! Bannoodle visudlbre!
If you can translate, I will give you a cookie :)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 11:23 PM
Oh, this is *nice*. I have the base game starter, so I'll test it in that first, then move on to the full game. Do you have any plans to recolor the blue icons?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 11:27 PM
Oooh, I can't wait until this is ep compatible, it'll match my desktop skin perfectly!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 11:27 PM
Nice. It's a shame that it won't work for those with expansion packs. But great job on it though!

HAIR REQUEST: Long Curly Hair (i.e.: 01 & 02) for MALES (bld/br).
PAYSITES... BE AFRAID. BE VERY AFRAID. >8D
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 11:42 PM
thanks, i at first i was trying to make it a vista skin &alkaloid im not shure if i am yet becuse i am stumped on what color to make them
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 11:42 PM
Sorry that I can't test it right now. I will help test when it is Seasons compatible.
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 12:30 AM
Very nice. I look forward to EP compatibility.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 1:13 AM
well i took the pictures with Microsoft word and when you copy and paste them on a blank jpg file they Drastically lose there quality.

Smile tomorow will be worse.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PigiePower
well i took the pictures with Microsoft word and when you copy and paste them on a blank jpg file they Drastically lose there quality.

Hi there!
I am sure you do have a graphics program or you couldn't do this mod. So why don't you just press Alt+print in game, open you graphics program and right click "insert as a new picture" or something to that effect. There you have a screenshot in uncompressed quality and can edit and save it in any format you want and which the program supports. By the way, I never heard that one can take pictures with word - I only type words with it.

Oh, and great work on the UI! I can't wait until it's seasons compatible. I know it is a LOT of work, I tried this myself, but eventually gave up searching for the proper files in SimPe, they were just too much and I couldn't seem to find the right ones! The black/glass theme is gorgeous. I can't stand all the blue Maxis presents us with - it's actually the one colour I dislike. Unless it's an ocean. :D
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 4:06 AM Last edited by LadyLiberty : 6th Jul 2007 at 3:24 PM. Reason: Added July 6, 2007
Oh, Congratulations!!! What a knockout of a first post! Tremendous! I have wanted such a thing nearly from my first game. I also can not use this yet, but have subscribed to the thread so I will know when you have made it compatible with Seasons. Should your explorations take you further, I'd be the first to say I have wanted the same for the UI in CAS. To have a lovely CAS screen and not be able to see it while working there has been as frustrating as it has for the game UI. Thank you so much for your hard work. My best to you.

Added July 6, 2007: Thank you so much for making this accessible to all! I appreciate your diligence. You have executed this project with such good taste, I am very impressed. I have been thinking since I first posted and saw you were looking for other colors that totally transparent might be especially nice since some people use themed CAS and games. Once again, thank you so much, you have a grand future ahead of you, and my very best to you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 4:43 AM
thank you very much, i will try to get it seasons compatible as soon as i can.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 11:17 AM
when this really works, it is great! i got a little bit tired of that blue user interface...
i would test it for you, but i have university installed...
but i'll bookmark this thread and keep an eye on it. maybe soon there is an uni compatible version!
Theorist
#14 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 4:41 PM
You CAN Have this if you have an EP...
BUT
It'll take loads of work and It won't look good...
But..WHOW. THIS IS.. JUST.. WOWOWOWOWOW :D

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 7:42 PM
Frickin' sweet! Though, I have MANY expansion packs, so I'll hafta wait a little longer.
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 9:56 PM Last edited by capt_catty : 27th Jun 2007 at 2:50 AM.
Testing it right now and so far it works and looks amazing!
As for negatives, the text is a little dark at times (the sims money total and the time) also the middle area (wants & fears) is still blue as well as construction mode.
Other than that I love it
Field Researcher
#17 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PigiePower
thanks, i at first i was trying to make it a vista skin &alkaloid im not shure if i am yet becuse i am stumped on what color to make them

Oh! I was thinking of faux brushed steel instead of blue, and glowing white instead of green.
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 6:43 AM
Oh, this is brilliant. Truly. I've never seen this idea before, but it's brilliant. Great job. I'm going to try this and see how freaked out my friends will get. ^^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 8:00 PM Last edited by PigiePower : 1st Jul 2007 at 9:33 PM.
i am currently working on an different UI but I am also at the same time working on icons for this UI and for other darker UIs that i will be making in the future

Smile tomorow will be worse.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 1:56 AM
Very nice! and your first upload too! I like the colour you chose! Perfect for late nights and long sessions of simming! And the black goes quite well with the blue, unlike some others I've seen. Keep up the good work!
Test Subject
#21 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 4:40 AM
Thanks! Thanks! Finally it nearly match my Vista Aero, keep work!

Does Sims2 interface can mod to another style/colour? As someone said I hope it really same as Vista Aero.
Test Subject
#22 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 12:52 PM
Well, I installed this mod and it showed up fine, but it made my "Neighborhood View" lag horribly! When I entered a house everything returned to normal. ^.^

*Just to add, I have All EPs minus Pets, and none of the "Stuff" packs
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 2:12 AM
This looks neat but, I would like the buttons to be black instead of blue.
Instructor
#24 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 9:55 PM
This is lovely! with pure colors and enough transperant! thanks
Test Subject
#25 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 10:43 AM
Okay, I want this mod!

But it says the file is corrupt
Page 1 of 4