Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Clock Mod - Vista x64 - 12/24 Hour

by skinner927 Posted 27th Jun 2007 at 8:10 PM - Updated 6th Sep 2007 at 4:55 AM by skinner927 : update

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 8:23 PM
LOVE IT! Well done! And thanks for taking ur time and making mods for us!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 11:22 PM
Its already available for 32bit systems, and 64bit XP systems.

*Member most in need of spellcheck, period.
Zspace - An Animorphs Forum
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 11:42 PM
This will come in very handy in tech help! This is a common problem. Thanks for this.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rhldavies
Yeah, for XP. Not for Vista.

I want one for x32bit Vista. If there is one, link it by all means.

The ones for 32 bit XP should work fine on 32 bit Vista - my understanding is that only the 64 bit has the different registry setting - besides the 32 bit one is working just fine on my Vista
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 4:30 AM
The current ones should work on Vista as well, they didn't change the registry with standard Vista. The only issue with them is they may not be updated, If anyone needs them, I'll also release an x32 with updates.

HERE is the links to the old clock mod for 32bit, but it needs to be updated, I guess I'll do that and re-release it.

(Sorry, for using x86, thats the base for x36 and x64 so really it doesn't make sense, I'll change that now!)
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 4:52 AM
Please and thank you! An update would be much appreciated.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 9:30 AM
Skinner, the 64bit systems are normally referred to as x86+ to save confusion.

Unfortunately people still don't actually understand what x86 means to begin with, so its quicker to just call them 32bit and 64bit.

*Member most in need of spellcheck, period.
Zspace - An Animorphs Forum
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 2:58 AM
aw. damn, i wish it were xp usable. :[
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 11:18 AM
Hah, this reminds me that I want to look into gettin the 64 bit version of Vista.

Just got a brand new comp with a beautiful 19" widescreen 1440x900, but I had to upgrade the GPU to run the Sims 2 smoothly. I got that instead of x64 Vista that my new computer is compatible with.

It even has 4 DDR2 slots for up to 8 Gigs of RAM, and that's mainly why I want x64, but I need more money first! X|

At any rate, it was still very cool to let my sims have 24 Hour clocks with the other mod. (Which I looked for because of this one, so I owe you thanks. : D )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 5:14 AM
OK, I FINALY got around to making the x32 version with all expansions updated. Heres the link: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...123#post1700123

I also updated the main post
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 7:02 PM
if you dont know if you have a 64 bit OS, you have a 32 bit. Use the other one. If the other one doesn't work, you can try this one, it will cause no true harm to your system.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 6:22 PM
Default New Clock Option!
CLOCK OPTION

"You can now toggle the game clock to show a 12-hour clock if you prefer. Click the Yes button under DISPLAY 12-HR CLOCK at the Game Options menu".

[This was taken straight out of the Bon Voyage expansion pack manual on page 4.]

[R.I.P. Munti 25/01/08 - You made me a better person. I miss you so much it hurts]
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 11:04 PM Last edited by Dooglebear : 18th Mar 2008 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Update
Hi All, my trouble is that now that option does not work, I select it (in game only) and it doesn't remember, so every lot I play I have to go and change it every time, it annoys me. I am a bit computer illiterate, so is this download to fix the problem with vista or the game?

Dooglebear
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 2:17 AM
Thanks! That clock thing was driving me nuts. BTW, this version worked for me on Windows XP x64.
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 10:22 PM Last edited by cassarie2 : 11th Jun 2009 at 3:42 AM.
Is it supposed to open with DAEMON Tools? Because mine keeps trying to, and it doesn't even work with DAEMON Tools. Please help?

Edit: Never mind! I got it to open with WinRar. I haven't played The Sims 2 yet, but I sure hope this works! The Military Time was driving me crazy!

Do you have Animal Crossing: City Folk for the Wii? Add me as your friend! My friend code is 1892-1695-3284. Give me yours too!
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 10:43 AM
Can anyone tell me if this is compatible with Apartment Life and/or Free Time?

Thank you

It is not enough to have a good idea. You must develop it, fight for it, work to win supporters for it, do everything in your power to see that it gets translated into reality. - Nathaniel Branden
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 12:07 AM
Since there is apparently no fix for this problem in Free Time, I spent a few minutes snooping around in the registry, and it's a fairly simple matter to fix it yourself. I have 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate, but this method should work for anyone, as long as you've got the initiative to look a little further than in plain sight for the values. If they aren't in the exact places I indicate here.
Step 1. Open the Registry Editor by pressing ctrl+alt+del, and in the file menu at the top of the task manager, selecting run. once the run menu opens, type in regedit and press enter.
Step 2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/EA GAMES
Step 3. Select the most recent version of the game that you have. In my case, this is Free Time.
Step 4. Change the data for Language and Locale to English US and en_us respectively.
Step 5. Expand the folder for the game version you wish to change in order to see a folder called 1.0.
Step 6. Change the value for Language to 1, using Hexadecimal format.
Step 7. Change Language Name to English US.
This will work for every game expansion, just follow steps 3-7 for whichever game you want to play with 12 hour time format.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skyler544
Since there is apparently no fix for this problem in Free Time, I spent a few minutes snooping around in the registry, and it's a fairly simple matter to fix it yourself. I have 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate, but this method should work for anyone, as long as you've got the initiative to look a little further than in plain sight for the values. If they aren't in the exact places I indicate here.
Step 1. Open the Registry Editor by pressing ctrl+alt+del, and in the file menu at the top of the task manager, selecting run. once the run menu opens, type in regedit and press enter.
Step 2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/EA GAMES
Step 3. Select the most recent version of the game that you have. In my case, this is Free Time.
Step 4. Change the data for Language and Locale to English US and en_us respectively.
Step 5. Expand the folder for the game version you wish to change in order to see a folder called 1.0.
Step 6. Change the value for Language to 1, using Hexadecimal format.
Step 7. Change Language Name to English US.
This will work for every game expansion, just follow steps 3-7 for whichever game you want to play with 12 hour time format.

For anyone who wants to have military time, on step 4 change it to English UK and en_uk, on step 6 change it to 13, and on step 7, change it to English UK.
Test Subject
#20 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 10:33 PM
Does this work for Windows 7 I know it says Vista only but I was wondering if it would I'm not gonna try it until I can be sure because I don't wanna mess up my whole computer over the time set in a Sims game.