Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

BETA TESTERS WANTED Funeral Project - eulogy lectern

by cathair2005 Posted 29th Jun 2007 at 12:32 PM

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 12:37 PM
Ahh yes, the funeral project. The only time I'll get to check it out is tomorrow afternoon - so... I'll download it and if you don't have any relpies by them time I check on this thread I'll test it out for you.

Retired...

kind of.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrowsMan
Ahh yes, the funeral project. The only time I'll get to check it out is tomorrow afternoon - so... I'll download it and if you don't have any relpies by them time I check on this thread I'll test it out for you.

Thanks for that CrowsMan, I appreciate it Also i forgot to mention it is found in miscellaneous costing between $450 I believe. I will probably delete this post once the project is up and running. The lectern should run with all expansions but the final project won't.

Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 12:52 PM
Wow! Excellent idea! And the whole project seems very interesting!

I suck at testing, so I'll get the finished project, but I just wanted to offer encouragement for the ongoing project.

Ever wanted a pay item you could not afford?
Get it for free here!
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 1:09 PM
Sounds cool! I'm going to test it.
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 1:32 PM
Um, I read the link for the funeral project you provided, but it didnt give me any beginers info on the project.

I think I know what it seems to be all about, but could you provide us with an overview of the project: How you came with this idea, what is meant to happen, what you hope to acheive.

I know this sounds kinda rude, but I only ask as I am quite happy to try out this new item for you, but I just need some insight into what exactly its all about.

...yeah so the hit me like a ton of bricks..... cos it was a ton bricks, it bloody hurt... stay away from condemnd buildings.....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apis4
Um, I read the link for the funeral project you provided, but it didnt give me any beginers info on the project.

I think I know what it seems to be all about, but could you provide us with an overview of the project: How you came with this idea, what is meant to happen, what you hope to acheive.

I know this sounds kinda rude, but I only ask as I am quite happy to try out this new item for you, but I just need some insight into what exactly its all about.

Which link did you click on? The one to my google homepage or the one to the page on modthesims2? There are two links I actually wasn't clear because both links say "here" lol.

Basically, it comes down to players - including myself - wanting to formally put their late sims to rest. I guess it's the same theory as having a wedding. I came up with the idea because if I remember, the original game said funerals would be a big part of sims' lives - as would weddings - but didn't deliver the funeral part. So the other link you may have missed is here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=211100

Thanks for testing this for me. It's in its early stages so it won't be perfect but i'm going to work on feedback and progress from there
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 4:20 PM
This is great! Sims really should have funerals.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 5:21 PM
This sounds really cool. I can't wait till you finish it!!!!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 5:55 PM
I tested the lectern and it worked great, though the childern WERE trying to play at it, as they do the podium (Naturally). lol I have the funeral set from your site also and was able to call and invite others to the funeral. It ended as a disgrace, but I personally enjoyed it.

I also remember when they said funerals would be a big part of sims' lives and I was really upset that they weren't. Please keep working at it!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 12:43 AM
Thanks for testing this Jron7667. I'm glad it went well for you - I mean the BETA funeral not the funeral itself lol. Can i just ask you something? What was the relationship between the mourners and the dead person? And how much mourning happened? Just trying to get an idea so I know whether the funeral hack failed or whether you just disliked the deceased lol.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 5:47 PM
All of the Sims had 100/100 with each other and there was quite a lot of crying and sobbing. The only ones that really did not cry that often or that much were the children, which I found realistic because a lot of children don't quite understand death and have their own agendas. In this case, trying to PLAY at the lecturn. At one point I had a True Memorial but once I manually stopped them from mourning and allowed the children to play it went to Utter Disgrace, so it really seemed to me that the more misery there was the better the score and the more fun they had the worse the score. I am guessing that's the point though, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Quote: Originally posted by cathair2005
Thanks for testing this Jron7667. I'm glad it went well for you - I mean the BETA funeral not the funeral itself lol. Can i just ask you something? What was the relationship between the mourners and the dead person? And how much mourning happened? Just trying to get an idea so I know whether the funeral hack failed or whether you just disliked the deceased lol.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 12:10 PM
Oh that's fun - I went over to your site. Great stuff. I shall try it out and report any problems.
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 5:07 PM
Sorry but this causes conflicts with my game-my sims can't go fishing anymore.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 5:03 AM
Just to let othesr know, that I have this in my game (the lecturn) AND the downloads from his site, and can still fish.

Downloads from his site: Gravematters, Partycontroller, Phonecall/phoneplugin

Quote: Originally posted by villesbutterfly
Sorry but this causes conflicts with my game-my sims can't go fishing anymore.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:39 AM
Thanks guys for testing this out. I'm not sure what is causing the fishing problem though Villesbutterfly. I tried replicating this problem unsuccessfully.

I think it might be a random bug that came with seasons because the code and the GUID have nothing in common with one another. With that said, I will keep a look out and see what is happening. I know it isn't happening for Jron7667 and myself so maybe the funeral hack conflicted with some other hack you had and then you were fishing when the crash happened lol. But I won't speak too soon and will look into it once i've finished some other work.

Thanks again guys,
Mark.
Scholar
#17 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 1:47 PM
I'm really happy that someone is finally making an effort into creating a funeral for deceased Sims - I just wanna offer my support and I can't wait until the finished product is ready for download!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 6:49 PM
I have tried making some sort of funeral just with fancy clothes and a gathering, but it was horrid. This is so cool! Thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 12:08 AM
Thanks guys. Still got bugs to iron out. Anybody tried the funeral mod from my site with this? I think people who have are finding that their funerals end up being an utter disgrace so that may be something for me to think of.
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 7:53 AM
I just read up in that funeral project youre working on. It sounds like a GREAT idea! I wish you the best of luck, and I will be one of the first people to download it when its done. :D
Test Subject
#21 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 6:45 PM
Thank You so much for making this... This should've been a big part of the game and I'm glad you are making it one now... you guys make this game so much better than what it already was and that is hard... So thank you!
Test Subject
#22 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 1:41 AM
This is interesting. Does the coffin have a currently live Sim or is this a way to resurrect sims that have just died so they can be in the coffin?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cozmikbrown
This is interesting. Does the coffin have a currently live Sim or is this a way to resurrect sims that have just died so they can be in the coffin?

The sim is dead. Basically I summoned him before he vanished. I will explain the steps below. I haven't created an automated way of doing this so what I did manually was:

* summon a sim who had died with the InSimenator's summoner
* make him selectable
*told him to enter the coffin

I hacked the coffin temporarily creating a command for the sim to stay "frozen" in the coffin and another command to manipulate the opening/closing of the coffin. Because he was frozen, he couldn't vanish with the dialog that says he died on another lot.

I hope to create a sequence of BHAV that will automate this task. Does anybody know if you can have two sims who are the same character. I mean duplicate a sim? Cause if that's impossible then I will have to choose between ghost and body. But I'm sure I've summoned somebody twice and had a duplicate in an earlier version.
Test Subject
#24 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 2:41 AM
This is good I suggested Funerals a few times on Sims2.com but alot of simmers said that it was a boring idea... that's a bit disrespectful, even on sims.
Instructor
#25 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 6:53 PM
Unfortunately, there are too many Simmers on ts2.com that don't play the game like some of us do... I mean honestly, had this stuff been available when my first sim died... I think I would have been able to handle his passing a bit better.

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Page 1 of 2