Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 3:10 PM
Default SimPE- changing object proprieties
How do I change the proprieties of an object with SimPE??...for example, to raise the "confort" and "energy" that certain bed gives me when I'm using it
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 3:27 PM
For energy, open BCON 1001 in plugin view, and edit line 0x2, which represents the energy change per hour.

I ma afraid I can't remember where the comfort is stored.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 10:50 PM
Hi, I'm having trouble with this... When I change the value it wants me to save it as a new .package file but I want it to replace the maxis one. I'm cloning a maxis bed but just keep getting stuck!

I'm not evil, I'm just good looking
Alchemist
#4 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 12:38 AM Last edited by wes_h : 1st Jul 2007 at 5:49 AM.
You really don't want to edit the actual game .package file. While this can be done successfully, it is risky and raises issues, including the chance of it getting botched up during the save process (these are huge files) and of causing a future patch to fail (it will be expecting unaltered original game files).

You can replace game files during play by creating a new file with the same object IDs (the TGI) and placing the new file in your downloads folder. The design of the game is to override the original when an identical ID is located later.

So, what you want to do is 'extract' the part you want by right-clicking on it in the Resource List, and then starting a new package and using a right click and 'add'. Then make your edits and save the package, making sure the type, group, instance (hi) and instance (altogether the TGI) are the same as the original game file. Pop this new package in downloads and play away.

To reverse the change (such as if you made a boo-boo), just remove the file from anywhere in your "The Sims 2" directory in My Documents.

Note that while game replacement files are fine and dandy for your own use, they are not very popular redistributed as downloads, because people want new items and choices, not just changes to the ones they already have.

<* Wes *>
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 11:14 AM
Thanks for your reply, I only want this for my own use and I have backups of my downloads, etc just incase anything goes screwy. I'm only trying to raise the energy level on some of the maxis beds that I don't use because they are too low, so making a whole new objects seems a little excessive but I guess it's the best way to go. Thanks for the advice.

I'm not evil, I'm just good looking