Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hysterical Paroxysm's Sundress as Maternity REPLACEMENT

by gwillewyn Posted 5th Jul 2007 at 5:17 PM - Updated 11th Jul 2007 at 1:57 PM by gwillewyn

83 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 78 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 5:37 PM
It still amuses me how surprised the sims look when they get pregnant, haha ^_^ This is a really cool idea. The maxis maternity clothes are so hideous, thanks!

The clown ... he laughed a lot
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 6:35 PM
Brilliant! Wonderous! Thank you

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 6:58 PM
this is really nice. but i was wondering is there a way so that only a couple of the outfits replace the maxis ones so that there is some maxis ones in there to?

Xanga? Then go here
www.xanga.com/give_speak_want_dude

YOU can learn all about me!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 7:03 PM
I love this, thanks!! I've always thought the maxis maternity outfits are hideous. :P
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 7:51 PM
Wonderful idea. I loathe the default maternity wear, and HP's dress looks so much more like what I see actual pregnant women wear.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kool4ya91
this is really nice. but i was wondering is there a way so that only a couple of the outfits replace the maxis ones so that there is some maxis ones in there to?

Not with a mesh replacement, sorry. Not in any way I know of at least. It's all or nothing I'm afraid.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 10:12 PM
thank, I was getting annoyed with the maxis ones X_X they're horrible...
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 10:32 PM
Thank you! Those dresses are much cuter than the Maxis outfits.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 12:45 AM
Yay!!! I HATE the Maxis Maternity wear. These are adorable and work much better. Thank you
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 12:46 AM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Those Maxis ones are ridiculously ugly.

BTW, you rock :D
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 7:30 AM
Thank you so much. I love these. :D
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 12:38 PM
Gorgeous! Thank you for ridding us of those hideous Maxis Maternity clothes!!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 1:01 PM
what a great idea! thanks :D

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.

Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Scholar
#15 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 3:09 PM
Thank you SO much! These will look sooooo much better than thsoe fugly maxis ones
Field Researcher
#16 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 9:55 PM
I have to download the original mesh and recolors for this to work, which means that those will be available to non-pregnant Sims as well as the defaults being replaced. What happens if I am in CAS, see a pattern I don't like and delete it, and it turns out that this was one of the outfits that you converted to default? Does it mess up everything or does that outfit revert to the Maxis original that you overwrote?

I ask because I made that mistake with the replaceable swimtrunks. After I deleted one, all those wearing the replacements were just heads without bodies.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by magicmoon
What happens if I am in CAS, see a pattern I don't like and delete it, and it turns out that this was one of the outfits that you converted to default?

I haven't tested it, but I assume bad things would happen. I'm pretty sure it won't revert to the maxis default. If you're lucky you'll get the odd white with blue and red text missing-texture-pattern, but it might crash the game. I suggest marking Hysterical Paroxysm's files (the ones listed in my first post) as read only; that way you can't delete them from CAS.

If you do have problems, removing the mod will revert everything to normal maxis behaviour; even in sims who are already pregnant.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 5:44 PM
Thanks so much for these, I'm about sick to DEATH of maxis wear. :D

Check out my uploads here at MTS2.
Test Subject
#19 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 2:27 AM Last edited by lightmylamb : 8th Jul 2007 at 2:28 AM. Reason: Forgot something.
I would really like to use this download, but everytime I try, the mesh isn't working. I get the dress, but it's on the mesh for the maxis maternity wear, so there are pants. The non-default replacement one works fine though. I was just wondering if you knew where I went wrong. I downloaded all the files. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 7:10 AM
Did you get all the files listed in the first post? This is working like a charm for me. My pregnant Sims are already wearing the new fashions and they look fabulous!

I'll mark all my default stuff as read-only. Hopefully I'll prevent a future screw-up.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 7:26 AM
Uh yeah, I got the downloads from the original, everything in the files, then the one from this page.
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 11:22 AM
lightmylamb > You don't have any other maternity replacements installed, do you? I can't think of any other way this shouldn't work, especially if the textures work.

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 10:03 PM
Perfect! Thank you.
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 3:51 AM
I don't think I have any other maternity replacements installed, as whenever my sims get pregnant, they get the ugly maxis ones. Well, darn anyway, I'll try again if I ever figure out what I did wrong. Thank you.
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 6:54 AM
Thank you! :D

"We are defined by the choices we make."

sim journal × livejournal × website
Page 1 of 4