Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Super Realistic Plant : Traveller tree

by alex_stanton1983 Posted 10th Jul 2007 at 10:36 AM - Updated 10th Jul 2007 at 8:15 PM by alex_stanton1983

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 1:13 PM
Thank you for yet another beautiful palm tree.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 1:15 PM
Thank you for this new amazing tree !
Et merci

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 1:33 PM
I love all of your stuff Alex! Thank you so much for sharing all these palms. I am wondering if someday you will try creating something less tropical, just like our old european trees (oliver, poplar, oak, plane tree, etc). I am pretty sure you're enough talented to try!
Anyway, "merci beaucoup" for your amazing work!!!

*Please don't upload my creations on The Exchange or on Pay sites. Thank you*
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 2:05 PM
Oooh, cool! Great addition to gardening!

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Scholar
#6 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 2:20 PM
Waow ! Encore un superbe palmier !! C'est du beau travail bravo Alex ! Merci à toi.
Wow ! Again a superb palmtree !! It's a good job bravo Alex ! Thank you.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Alchemist
#7 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 5:17 PM
Oh, it is simply marvellous! Thanks, you genius!!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 5:28 PM
This is another great addition to an already overflowing Garden center. Thank you very much! :D
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#9 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 5:40 PM
Great job Alex! Thank you very much! C'est magnifique!

Sorry I can't take requests anymore!
And I will probably never convert my creations for TS2 to TS3.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 6:08 PM
There's a REAL tree that looks like that? Wow. That's amazing.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
There's a REAL tree that looks like that? Wow. That's amazing.

Thank you very much everybody.
YES, it's a REAL tree, originating from Madagascar. And we can find it in all tropics islands.

----+ ViVe les membres francophones ! +----
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 2:37 AM

I'm so sorry to bother you. I am having difficulty getting your trees to show up in my game. I only have the base game and I used Qxpress to install them. I have tried several times but they just aren't there. I also tried posting a feedback in one of them but I haven't gotten a response from anyone. I looked at them all and I didn't see where anyone else was having a problem. (I must be retarded) I'm sorry again but would really love it if you could give me some advice. I would just give up but they are so awesome I just can't let go! lol Anyway your work is great.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 9:07 AM
Gotta have 'em.....thanks for some more wonderful trees Nice job.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lololicious69

I'm so sorry to bother you. I am having difficulty getting your trees to show up in my game. I only have the base game and I used Qxpress to install them. I have tried several times but they just aren't there. I also tried posting a feedback in one of them but I haven't gotten a response from anyone. I looked at them all and I didn't see where anyone else was having a problem. (I must be retarded) I'm sorry again but would really love it if you could give me some advice. I would just give up but they are so awesome I just can't let go! lol Anyway your work is great.

Hello ! I don't know why you have a problem. My palms work with the base game. You place files in "download" and they appear. Maybe, have you a bad download in your game ? I don't know... you can clean yours downloads with the sims2packcleaner... ?

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 10:48 AM
WOW!!! These are just awesome!!! Very nicely done!! Thank you soooo much for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 4:44 PM
This is beautiful. I have a question since you know a great deal about tropical plants. Is this similar to a white birds of paradise? My mom bought one and she found out it grows 20 ft tall, unlike the orange that grows only 6 ft tall.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vickie93
This is beautiful. I have a question since you know a great deal about tropical plants. Is this similar to a white birds of paradise? My mom bought one and she found out it grows 20 ft tall, unlike the orange that grows only 6 ft tall.

Hello Vickie93, the bird of paradize and the traveller tree is the same family (Strelitziaceae). So, there are many likeness. But the Ravenala madagascariensis is only for tropics. I think you have seen my White bird of Paradize (Strelitzia nicolaï) avaible here .
And I created the strelitzia reginae too (bird of paradize orange), but I need time to make screens and prepare the package to share it on MTS2. Coming soon !
Thank you for your message.
Alex.

Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 3:00 AM
Ohhh I saw one of those in Key West..amazing!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 2:15 PM
Madagascar used the tree as their mascot in the Islands Games last year and ... no offense, but that was one of the ugliest mascots ever, plus the people (referees included) played really dirty (e.g. kicks in the groin of the opponent when it's clearly forbidden).

Bon, quand meme ta version est bien plus belle que la mascot lol (naturellement!)
[still, your version is prettier than the mascot (naturally)]

super!
Instructor
#20 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 5:59 AM Last edited by Pickles : 24th Jun 2008 at 6:01 AM. Reason: spelling error
Ahhh, this "traveler tree" is so beautiful - I've never seen one of these in real life. It looks very majestic! Almost like it's worshiping. Thank You, Alex.
Pickles

* Pickles *
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 8:22 PM
nice work! Thanks for sharing. :lovestruc

"Make cookies, not war"
Inventor
#22 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 11:27 AM
Great! So realistic and much better than the maxis palms.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 1:42 PM
Generally speaking all your palm trees are fantastic but those 3 are fantastic, they look fabulous in game. A great thank you for sharing.
Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 8:17 AM
Waah. I'm so weird, I just started crying over this.
Now let me wipe my tears *sniff*.
This is so odd, I never cried over Sims 2 content before...
Thanks for sharing, sorry for repeating myself...
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 5:52 PM
I love this tree! We have them at home and our neighbours sell them. Thanx, this will show up in my houses!
Page 1 of 2