Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Poverty Challenge: NO-EP Trashed Comm Lot "Thrift Llama"

by Ellatrue Posted 16th Jul 2007 at 11:48 PM - Updated 18th Jul 2007 at 12:35 AM by Ellatrue

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 10:18 PM Last edited by ganguro : 18th Jul 2007 at 10:24 AM.
i didn't know about this challenge and read the thread today. it sounds really interesting! as soon as i'm through my exams i also want to give this challenge a try and your lot will fit perfect, i think! so thanx for the lot, but especially for the challenge!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 11:52 PM
I was looking for a lot something like this that I could use for my neighborhood liquor store. Hope I can make room for an invisible driveway to put at least one car, though.Thanks for sharing!!

Gawd, I'm loving S3!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 10:53 PM
Thanks a ton! I am in the process of making my first urban neighborhood and this will fit p e r f e c t l y! Good job
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 6:26 AM
The mailbox and the garbage can are missing from this lot. And apparently the portals are also missing because the carpool doesn't come to drop off my sim family after moving them in. Too bad......I really liked this lot.

Gawd, I'm loving S3!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 5:46 AM Last edited by Ellatrue : 29th Jul 2007 at 1:44 AM.
It's a community lot. It's not supposed to have a mailbox and a garbage can. What on Earth are you trying to do with it? The carpool won't come to drop off your sim family because you can't move them in to a community lot. And even if this *were* a residential lot, the family wouldn't arrive with the carpool. They'd just be there already when you load the lot. So there's nothing wrong with the portals.

To use this lot, move your family into another, residential lot, then have them call the taxi in order to visit.

**SLAP!**
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ellatrue
It's a community lot. It's not supposed to have a mailbox and a garbage can. What on Earth are you trying to do with it? The carpool won't come to drop off your sim family because you can't move them in to a community lot. And even if this *were* a residential lot, the family wouldn't arrive with the carpool. They'd just be there already when you load the lot. So there's nothing wrong with the portals.

To use this lot, move your family into another, residential lot, then have them call the taxi in order to visit.

**SLAP!**

I think they were confused by the upstairs apartment bit.

Paysites suck.
&& they don't keep anything away from us anymore,

because...
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 11:30 AM
Damn right, many pieces of Maxis furniture should appear in this store :D

Thanks for the cool lot.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 1:53 AM
I was just wondering, how do you get any residential items on a community lot anyway? (i.e. beds, etc.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 2:47 AM
you have to use a special collection - I know there are some here on MTS2

you add the collections file to your collections folder under "My Documents/EA/The Sims 2/Collections" (or wherever you've put it), and in game you will be able to select the residential objects when you click on the collection sort and move to that folder
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 10:21 PM
I love this place. Its small and convenient.
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 12:08 AM
How do you Pay through the window
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 11:11 AM
I started looking at challenges today when I came across the "Poverty Challenge". It's ironic that I just got around to getting Glamour Life Stuff. . . My poor poverty family won't be able to buy any of the luxury items from this stuff pack