Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harder relationships 2.UPD HR_v2 to 2_01.15thNov2007

by Alexx58 Posted 23rd Jul 2007 at 9:15 PM - Updated 8th Mar 2008 at 10:17 PM by Alexx58 : Update

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 10:03 PM
It's seem interesting. Maybe more challenge for the game. Thank you !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 1:56 AM
nice
thought relations are already hard in my game lol
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 2:13 AM
you should change the phone calls cause you can get enough points to fall in love with them in like 3 phone calls, its the easiest way to ever make friends apart from bringing them home from work

live by the gun, die by the gun
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 3:29 AM Last edited by Alexx58 : 28th Jul 2007 at 1:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by johnny_pay
you should change the phone calls cause you can get enough points to fall in love with them in like 3 phone calls, its the easiest way to ever make friends apart from bringing them home from work

The phone calls can raise only STR values not LTR,so Fall in love based on
LTR and your sim can't raise this value using phone .
And if you remove all phone hacks it will be harder to make even friend
using phone.
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 10:19 PM
Thank you. I've been looking for something like this. Going to try it out now
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 9:54 PM
This looks like a much needed improvement -- thanks! I always thought it's ridiculous how sims want to be (and become) friends with everything that moves =P

Before I install it, though, and blow up my game: is it absolutely required to have Uni for this, or did you perhaps just mean to indicate it's Uni *compatible*? And if it's the former .. would there be any way to make a non-Uni version of it?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I have no clue about the inner workings of this kind of stuff =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 12:56 PM
I think you can use it without Uni,but Nightlife is recommended.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by johnny_pay

Now you can try updated version,seems must be hard enough.
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 8:42 AM
Been using this for a little while now, seems to work quite well, it's nice to have a few Sims on poor terms with each other.
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 6:17 PM
Hi Alexx,

I know you said you reduced the rate at which LTR increases, but I'm wondering if you also reduced the rate at which it decays? It seems slower than normal, or maybe it's just in my mind.

But anyways, what do you think about adding a slightly faster relationship decay to this mod? For example, if two Sims have not had any contact for ten Sim-days, I would expect their relationship would drop significantly. But of course, it doesn't really, in the game. Because ten Sim-days is the equivalent of ten real-life years, and if I haven't had any contact with my friend after ten years, I would imagine she wouldn't be my friend anymore, you know? Just a suggestion.

Thanks for working on this!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 10:56 PM
HI darcee!
Something about STR/LTR...
Nothing was changed for LTR decay.LTR values always follows STR and in any case LTR value cannot decay faster than STR.So,if STR value with other sim drop down for ex.to 10-15 points,LTR will be drop too till STR=LTR.
And also I always must check for any possible conflicts with other mods.
For ex.Pescado's enemiesaccumulate mod operate with some BCON resourses linked to STR decay.InTeen contain some BHAVs that linked to STR/LTR.And I don't want undoubtedly to choice the way to inconsistency.
The main goal of this mod is to make conversations between sims harder,at second-to find more realistic interactions result balance(positive-negative).And of course,very important thing(as in real life too)-interests.Seems now you must pay much more attention to this aspect of game.
In any case thank you for attention to my mod.
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 2:09 AM
That makes sense Thanks for the mod update!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 8:17 AM
Dont like it sry, Im constantly having my other NPC hate each other cause of this crap..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 8:18 PM Last edited by Alexx58 : 14th Aug 2007 at 8:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by afa561
Dont like it sry, Im constantly having my other NPC hate each other cause of this crap..

Before using any crap in your game,you must obviously to know for what reason you need it,and testing it at first.
At second,if you have hood filled mainly with grouchy NPC's it may cause problem.In any case you always can "kill" annoying mod and reset manually relationships between NPC's with SimPE,or TS2 Enhancer,or restore hood from backup.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 9:22 PM
When this mod is installed, I'm having some issues with parties. I invite the guests, they show up, but when greeted they start behaving like normal visitors instead of the party being scored. 'Throw party" is still available on the phone menu. After 3 or 4 attempts at throwing a party, it will finally work correctly.

No conflicts are showing with the Conflict Finder. The other aspects of this mod are working as advertised. Have you had any problems with parties?

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 11:02 PM
It cannot be possible,because any resourse of this mod not linked to party section.
No any problems with parties in my game,I've checked it few times.Maybe you have any other mods that can invoke this problem.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#18 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 11:21 PM
I'm using this mod (NL+OfB+Seasons p2) plus a ton of others, and my parties proceed as normal.

Entirely different question: Alexx, would this mod indirectly affect the "chemistry" bolts between sims? Like, do interests play a bigger role for example? Just asking because I recently made a new sim who has strangely few bolts with the rest of the hood .. I was wondering whether that's just a coincidence or if it's because of your mod. Not a complaint, I'm finding this very realistic actually =) (the sim in question is a straight, normal, middle-of-the road sim .. perhaps a bit of an extreme personality (0/10/0/10/5) but average random mix of interests)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 12:00 AM Last edited by Alexx58 : 16th Aug 2007 at 9:11 AM.
HI Plasticbox!
This mod don't have any attitude to chemistry aspect.I'm sure(99% )
that cannot be any affect.
I think that core game process mostly based on convesations between sims,and in this case interests is a heart of any conversations.
So,Interests is a main aspect of mod.
Thank you for using this
and I should like to know your opinion about
if it have any sense to post some "light"version?
By the way,Are you have any fights obsessions in your game with this mod installed?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 10:51 AM
I might want a medium version... Where the difficulty is just right? Like only the people with real chemistry and compatible personalities will be friends... like in real life.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#21 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alexx58
Are you have any fights obsessions in your game with this mod installed?

What exactly do you mean with "obsession": that sims have too many "win fight" wants? Or that fights are happening too often or taking too long?

I have your mod plus fightclub plus enemiesaccumulate installed, so, obviously, my sims will beat up each other every now and then .. but I don't feel like it has increased since installing your mod.

As for the wants, now that you mention it, i seem to recall that I recently saw a "win fight with x" want pop up that kinda surprised me (X wasn't an enemy) .. it wasn't a problem, but if you think it might be an issue related to your mod I can keep an eye on it?

Thanks for the info regarding chemistry, and while I'm not currently inclined to use a "light" version of this, it might be nice to have the option for when I get back to playing my main hood.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 9:12 PM
Win fights wants were totally messed by E.A. with each next EP.For that reason I've
made retuning of wants&fears (Wants&fears refresh or Fights for points)and now
these fights wants doing exactly what they must do-"win fight with X"can appear
only with enemy and not with some friend.About "figths obsession",I mean how often
fights happening in your game,and as I can see in your game all goes in normal way with my mod installed.
OK,thank you and I think to continue "relationships researches"and maybe
soon will able to present any enhanced version.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 12:10 AM
*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Set Soc & Rel - Loop
Group ID: 0x7F4FEA83
Instance ID: 0x00001004
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Z-NEW Hacks\Alexx58 harder relationships 2\alexx_harderrel.package
\downloads\Hacks\MATY\JMP\RPShack\rpshack.package

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 12:29 AM Last edited by Alexx58 : 21st Aug 2007 at 9:53 AM.
Sorry,but I don't see this hack in Director's Cut and even don't know what exactly this rps do.Maybe can explain?
Edit:Well,I've found it yeeah.author of reply=Venusy
fixes the Rock, Paper, Scissors interaction
Are you shure you still need it?
In my mod STR values for this interaction decreased and results were changed,so in this case possible results errors fixed too.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 4:03 PM
I do want harder relationships and that is why I am using your mod. RPS hack stops FRIENDS from playing it with each other because it can destroy their relationship. While I want it harder to make friends, I don't want Sims to lose friends they already have. That is why I still want to use RPS hack.

Will it work correctly if I load RPS hack after your hack? Or do I need to take one of these mods out of the game?

Page 1 of 2