Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Puritan ~ 1926 (Sears House Series #2)

by meggichan84 Posted 27th Jul 2007 at 6:24 PM

6 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 10:53 PM Last edited by patul : 27th Jul 2007 at 10:53 PM. Reason: chui pas anglais !
Your lot is very pretty, I tried it.
May be more pics would help the members in their choice

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 12:17 AM
I grew up in a house with that style of building! (That roof shape is pretty distinct)

I agree with Patul, you might try and add a screenshot that's not the 'helicopter view', but zoom down and in closer and get something that looks more like an advertising shot. Look at many of the other lots uploaded for ideas, and check out Screenshots 101 and look at the part near the end about 'first person camera mode'. With practice you'll be zooming around and able to get shots at all sorts of great angles.

Once again, this is a lovely lot! My advice above is only about presentation, so that you can get a more impressive shot on site and it will get the attention it deserves.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 1:13 PM
Gorgeous house! I saw it and knew instantly that I had to have it. Took me two days of failed attempts to download, but I FINALLY got it. Thank you so much!

Wait... WHAT?!?!?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 6:51 PM
Beautiful house. How did you made that roofline?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
I grew up in a house with that style of building! (That roof shape is pretty distinct)

I agree with Patul, you might try and add a screenshot that's not the 'helicopter view', but zoom down and in closer and get something that looks more like an advertising shot. Look at many of the other lots uploaded for ideas, and check out Screenshots 101 and look at the part near the end about 'first person camera mode'. With practice you'll be zooming around and able to get shots at all sorts of great angles.

Once again, this is a lovely lot! My advice above is only about presentation, so that you can get a more impressive shot on site and it will get the attention it deserves.

Thank you for the suggestion and encouragement! I did look at the guide prior to posting, but obviously I need more practice. I'll keep working on it until I get better!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by linnulvklo
Beautiful house. How did you made that roofline?

I used the Seasons cheat "individualRoofSlopeAngle #" until I got something that looked like what I wanted. It takes some experimentation, but it allows for much more interesting rooflines. Just make the roof you want, turn on the cheat, and then use ctrl+alt and select the roof you want to modify.

Thank you for the compliment!