Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Athleticwear as Athleticwear Game Mod -PLZ REDOWNLOAD- AGAIN!

by Phaenoh Posted 27th Jul 2007 at 11:58 PM - Updated 15th Oct 2008 at 8:21 PM by Phaenoh : Enabled YA outfits, fixed compatibility issues

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 12:07 AM
Thank you so much for this! I'm so happy that I don't have to worry about my Sims growing up in athletic clothing. Of course, the servers are still down but I'll come back and download this later. Thanks again for your awesome work, Phaenoh! I really appreciate your wonderful uploads!
Not actually evil.
#3 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 12:14 AM
Thanks, the black suit is stylin'! Can't image why Maxis removed it.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 12:17 AM
I'm really interested in this - it's a great idea!

Just one question: If one puts the file in Program/EA GAmes...TSData/whatever, what should one do when a new expansion pack is added? Would it still work, or screw things up?

Just asking, because I know I would forget I was keeping a mod in that folder... :P
Theorist
#5 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 12:34 AM
Bravo! You did it Phaenoh - thanks very much!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 12:35 AM
Well, I don't know for certain, except that when I tried to put them into my game during testing if when I put them in the Sims 2 basegame folder they did not show up. I'm extrapolating here, but I think you would have to move it each time. Make sure it stays in the folder of the most recent game. If you forget to move it, the mod won't work, things will go back to normal, but it won't break your game. You will then hit yourself on the head, say 'Duh' and next time you are not in the game, try to remember to move it.

And CatOfEvilGenius, yeah, maxis does some stupid stuff sometimes. (Its not actually removed, just hidden. If you Shift+N while boolProp is on in the CAS screen you will find it there hidden.)
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 1:13 AM
The black tracksuit isn't "lost."
It's used in the Athletic career track.
I just saw it on one of my Athletic sims the other day.
Nice mod, btw.
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 1:35 AM
Ahhhh! Thank you SO much! I've been looking for this EXACT thing for the last week and didn't know who to ask for this! Thankssss!
(And like painredefin3d said, the black suits are career suits, the one with the zipper is the MVP in the athletics career , almost all my sims work in the athletics career because it's the most lucrative one.)

Thank you, thank you, thank you
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 2:43 AM
Well, you learn something new each day. I almost never have my sims in the Athletic tracks and I hardly ever bother with grinding them to the tops of their tracks. Now I know. However, I'm still glad I grabbed it cuz I've been sick of those others for WAY too long and none of ever seem to match whatever I'm doing. Black goes with anything. I'm glad you found what you were looking for!
Scholar
#10 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 3:49 AM Last edited by Annelae : 28th Jul 2007 at 8:09 AM.
Ehh... I don't know whether I should download this. I love having new choices but sometimes Maxis doesn't suit me...

But I think I'm gonna download it later as right now I'm playing sims.

Also, what happens to the NPCs who are currently wearing tracksuits like Christy Stratton if we choose the 'Moved' file?

P.S- Christy Stratton isn't a jogger, she is a normal NPC. Anyway, thanks for the reply, I'll use the Added mod instead.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 5:03 AM
I would imagine they either keep their clothing (doubtful), they get randomly assigned new clothing (most likely), or they get corrupted (feasible, but lame on Maxis part if this is the case). I did a quick test to see what happened to the joggers, and I saw one go by still wearing the red tracksuit. These questions are why I placed this download in the "In Testing" category. We don't know the answers yet, and if I have to find them all out before I can post it, then you guys will NEVER get them. (Lately, I mod more than I play) So those who feel adventurous, download it, and let me know of anything weird. I'm also curious as to what happens to player sims that have those as clothing.
Theorist
#12 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 11:53 AM
Isn't there annother outfit? :S
I swear when I was re-fresing my thumbnails I saw something elce... *Wonders*
It Looked like a Hoody. *wonders some more*

Thanks for this, It reraly un-clutters our catalog, Thanks!!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Field Researcher
#13 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 1:09 PM
Well, I'd imagine that any runners wearing the tracksuits would continue to do so, because, as you said, the clothing is still there, it's just "hidden", right? And other clothing, like the maid's clothing, is also hidden, but they still continue to wear the outfits.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 2:21 PM
Sorry Petchy, these were the only ones that were strickly Athleticwear. There are some guys hoodies with shorts that I have moved using bodyshop, but they still looked enough like guys clothes to me so I didn't move them.

And no, CarmeeKitty, the Maid's outfit is still in the Everytab tab, just hidden, while these outfits have been removed from the Everytab tab and placed in the Athleticwear.
Theorist
#15 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 3:22 PM
I got a Pic...
Its not acually Sports wear Intentionally,
But... I think It coud go in that Catorgary.
What do you think?

PETCHY14
Screenshots

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 3:33 PM
Yeah, I saw those, but I left them where they were. The thing with moving clothing around is that everyone has different opinions for what should go where. In my bodyshop moved version those jumpsuits have been moved to the Athleticswear category, but the issue with doing it in bodyshop, they don't leave the everyday category and are treated as custom clothes. When I get around to it, I'm going to post my 'complete clothing migration' where I moved any clothes that I thought were in the wrong category. Base-Seasons. I wanted to make this post as basic as I could so the majority of people could use it.
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 3:53 PM
Brilliant again Phaenoh!

Your work stuns me, I download it all, I agree with Petchy though, i do, personally think they should be Athleticwear. But anyway, thanks!

Oh, btw, i voted in your poll! :D
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 5:51 AM
Ok, so fanseelamb pointed out some tweaks I should do to it, and I pretty much had to redo the entire thing. While I was there I included those outfits that everyone is mentioning.
Theorist
#19 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 12:05 PM
Thank you Phaenoh !!
*Thanks and Downloads.. Again*

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Test Subject
#20 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 11:58 PM
Ah, That's really too bad
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Yeah, I saw those, but I left them where they were.

Ow, That's really too bad.
I was just about to ask you if you could add them in
How about making another package with those clothes moved, just for those of us who really really want them?

Thank you so much, again
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 12:33 AM
The new version DOES have those clothes included!
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 10:28 PM
Just a random issue which might or might not be related:

The move worked perfectly - except for Young Adult Males at college. I went to go buy a gym suit for one of my male college students ... and there were NO options available. It worked fine for females, and every age inbetween - but for some reason I couldn't get any for the young adult males. I'm going to start the game up again and see, and if it persists - I'll delete it out and let you know if that fixed the problem: but I thought I'd give you a head's up!

Ángel Quebrado

You have the look of a fallen angel ... An angel
does not stop being an angel merely because they
fall from grace; their wings are not so easily taken
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 4:20 AM
Wait, what? PM me about it with a little more detail and I will take a look at it. I TOTALLY don't want to be distributing buggy products!
Theorist
#24 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
UPDATED AGAIN!! PLEASE RE-REDOWNLOAD! Enabled outfits to work for Young Adults. Also fixed a compatibility issue involving some clothes showing up in the catalog as custom instead of maxis! Credits to jordi for finding these issues. - Aug 27, 2007
I am currently using this mod, but rather than updating it, I am considering switching to your Great Clothing Migration. Will that system also need to be updated because of this bug?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 4:53 AM
Good question. I don't really know the answer to that. Its possible that it was likewise affected, but I can't tell because the problem with this one didn't occur in my game, I own all the the EPs but no SPs. The YA compatibility part of the problem would still be part of my other mod, but the custom content problem, no idea.

On second thought (I had a huge paragraph and then deleted it) that mod might not be that difficult to update, it is huge and all, but the affected parts would only be the basegame files. (The way that one works, I have it downloadable by EP and subdivided by Age/Gender. You have to download each EP that you have individually.) The only one I would need to change would be the first couple of files. Though as I recall that one had a lot in it too. As if I don't have enough to do already. Ok, I think I talked myself into it. That one will be updated within the hour. Thanks for pointing it our Sophie-David.
Page 1 of 2