Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place

by jhd1189 Posted 30th Jul 2007 at 9:28 PM - Updated 2nd Aug 2007 at 7:46 PM by jhd1189 : updated pictures

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 5:51 AM
Oh, I like it! You did a nice job, I like all the cobwebs you added, and your little segment about the house! Thanks!

Please do not re-upload my houses or Sims anywhere, even if it is just refurnished.

Thank you for your consideration.
Alchemist
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 7:10 AM
Wow, great version of the Grimmauld location and great lot in any case. Useful addition for all of us addicted to the Potter saga. Thank you and ciao.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 8:11 AM
oh how i love you! thank you so much, i cant wait to move in Sirius ^^

New Home. Come check it out!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 8:36 AM
Wow, that's great!! Wonderful. I love old buildings and HP and so this is perfect. Thank you very much.

ERRARE HVMANVM EST
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 8:52 AM
Lovely! This looks closer to how I imagined it in the book than the movie version does (minus the sprawling expanse of grass ).
Alchemist
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 8:56 AM
Sensational! You´ve given the written words a look! Thank you
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 9:06 AM
What alot of commendable effort! You did a great job!!!

LOT REQUESTS ACCEPTED

Please thank my lots if you download them.
Instructor
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 9:08 AM
Yay, this is just perfect! i was thinking about making one myself but I doubt I could do anything better than this: you even got Mrs Black! :D
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 9:30 AM
You absolutely nailed my mental image of this place. <3

And as an amusing side note, I've been reading too much Harry Potter related things lately, and for a second, I was amazed that MTS2 does not censor "mudblood." *shakes head*

Great work!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 12:20 PM
It's good, though it doesn't match my mental version of it (like a chavvy scummy terraced house! :P). I really like it though!

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the Twentieth Century" - Jack the Ripper
"I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I think unicorns are kick-ass!" Dave the Lighting Guy, Orgazmo
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 1:16 PM
Wow! Fantastic atmosphere, jhd! You’ve done a wonderful job at recreating the mood and the architecture down to even the smallest details. Thank you for sharing it.
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 1:41 PM
Fabulously done. I may picture a few things a bit differently but this is definitely by far the closest thing to the Grimmauld Place of my mind that I've ever seen. This is definitely going into my HP neighborhood the next time I play!
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phoenix_phaerie
Lovely! This looks closer to how I imagined it in the book than the movie version does (minus the sprawling expanse of grass ).

When I was originally taking screen shots for this lot, I had it surrounded by other rowhouses and there were other urban buildings in the background... but they were just too overpowering, so I opted to just plop the building by itself in the middle of a grassy field

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I'm glad you all like it.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 2:28 PM
I think you may have convinced me to finally give in and start that HP neighborhood I've been dreaming of. That and the fact that I already have practically all the CC you used. Great job! Can't wait to play it!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 3:54 PM
This is so great, it looks much better than the movieversion of the house I think! Thanks!

Sincerely,
<I>Mequila</I>
Field Researcher
#17 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 7:08 PM
OMG! This is beautiful! And it's on a small lot so I can use it!! Thanks!

My sims gaming journal. Not very informative.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 8:29 PM
Wow! I love it! I really love the sayings and things on the pictures.
That is what sold me!
Err, downloaded?
Whatever, loooove it<3
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 2:25 AM
ELF HEADS!!! WHERE ARE THE ELF HEADS?!?!?!?!?

Just kidding. Thank you. Some of my sims are going to have to move now.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 2:50 AM
Lovely rendition, and a fantastic job.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 3:54 PM
just wanted to tell you that i've been playing this lot and i've been absolutely my favorite in my game right now, and i don't usually download other lots for my game because i like to build. my dismal victorian family looks absolutely perfect in there. the backyard is perfect for some grim doggies. they adopted Webster the stray black airedale and Lulu the black lab. They have puppies named Padfoot and Fang.

As a note though, while I loved the facade of the empty house next to it, it interfered with gameplay and made things bouncy and slower, so i lobbed it off. in it's place they have room for a carriage hold and a bigger backyard. Other than that, I've found your lot to be pretty much perfect in tone and in gameplay. Absolutely fantastic job both as houses go AND as an HP tribute. I'd love to see more work like this. Thanks for sharing!!
Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 4:08 PM
damn! i just deinstalled pets...and i just l.o.v.e this place! its much better than in the film!

Hi y'all!
My diary
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 3:00 AM
This is seriously (or siriusly, if you'll allow me that) amazing! Breathtaking! It's a work of art. And I really strongly agree with the other posters that it's better than what they did with it in the movie. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 3:10 AM
This is just great. Now if I can only find Malfoy Manor, I'll be happy.

Please join us at the Gay Sims Club 2 forums. Where you will find discussions and links to great Content for the Sims 2!
The Gay Sims Club 2
Field Researcher
#25 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 2:07 PM
Oh my! This is perfect! So many little details in just one house, even Mrs Black xD
Now I just HATE myself for not having Seasons, but I'm not allow to buy any other expansion other that Pets. But I can still enjoy it's beauty <3
Page 1 of 2