Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wants & Fears Refresh.Upd 4/3/2008

by Alexx58 Posted 31st Jul 2007 at 11:49 PM - Updated 5th Apr 2008 at 4:46 AM by Alexx58 : Update

7 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 1:07 AM
Does this change anything about when wants and fears are fulfilled?

Lately I've been having problems with 'ask for a date' and 'flirt' type wants. If a sim does one of these and gets rejected, the WANT is satisfied (which it shouldn't be) and the FEAR is Not satisfied (which it should be).

I hope that made sense. If not, I'll try to reword it.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 3:07 AM Last edited by Alexx58 : 22nd Sep 2007 at 10:04 PM.
I've checked again all trees that were modified and not found nothing that can provoke this "exchange"effect.
"On date"wants and fears-is EP2 trees and only changes I've made for EP2 linked to "Community lots"wants.
"Flirt"wants and fears trees is personal trees for every aspiration and I've not changed any personal asp trees.
I'm not shure,but seems may be some "w&f"mods(as for ex.Pescado's WFsanity)that can invoke strange effect like this with my
modified package installed(?).
P.S. I've checked it with BV and in my game no problems found.
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 6:06 PM
Is this compatible with Free Time?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 9:29 PM Last edited by Alexx58 : 8th Mar 2008 at 10:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by raffo89
Is this compatible with Free Time?

Of course NOT.
Wants&fears retuning for FT will be updated soon as possible.

EDIT 9thMar2008 :'Free Time" version posted.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 6:33 PM
Thank You for all your fantastic mods and for updating them as well.
I used to have this one with another modder, but he up and disappeared.
So happy to see your share these with us.
Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 1:23 AM
This Is what I am looking for I will check back to see if it will be updated for AP. Thanks
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 5:10 AM
I have all expansion packs and was wondering how to make a want-retuning mod of my own. See, I want to make it so aspirations other than Knowledge will at least be okay with their occult status and the occult statuses of others that they know. For instance, I've made several young adults in a new custom hood, and most of them are now witches or warlocks - and none of them have the Knowledge aspiration. They haven't rolled any fears of becoming witches or wants to be cured, but I would like to make it so that other non-Knowledge sims will only rarely roll fears of becoming other creatures and wants for cures. Also, I'd like to make some aspirations roll wants to become other creatures, and maybe sometimes be a little ambivalent about it. In my mind, it would be appropriate for Pleasure and Popularity sims to frequently roll wants to become werewolves, vampires and even witches, because I mean, look at all the Twilight and Harry Potter fans we got in the real world. Family and Fortune sims would sometimes roll the wants but also roll fears, though they would be unlikely to roll cure wants, especially if they already have the witch token, because of the popularity of that classic show Bewitched, which was a great family comedy, and because business owners can perk up and dazzle more often if they can benefit from the thrones. Grilled Cheese sims would be rather indifferent - why worry about what your friend or relative is into, when you got more important things like grilled cheese?

But mostly, if becoming a witch was a good memory, why should it be so bad if someone you know became a witch as well? I'd like to be able to make a magical neighbourhood without having to make every sim have Knowledge as a primary or secondary aspiration.