Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Mesh-Tiny Ceiling Light

by senesi2003 Posted 3rd Aug 2007 at 5:17 AM - Updated 22nd Oct 2008 at 3:51 PM by -Maylin-

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 5:42 AM
This Is Excelent! Yay! Thank You
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 5:51 AM
Oh how I have needed this! There have been so many times that I needed more light in an area, and didnt want to have any more light fixtures in the room. This will really help my snapshots look better. I used to have to put a spotlight off camera...oh how long it took to position the light and the camera angle. Thank you oh-so-much! You're brilliant!

If you notice the various lights in the game have either a "cold" (or white) light much like flourescent lighting in real life, or it has "warm" (or yellowish) light much like regular household lightbulbs. Can you make this download available for BOTH types? If not I am sure this will be a great help as is.

Thanks again...LOVE IT!
Instructor
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 6:15 AM
Very nice!!!!! I always need a little ceiling light, but they're all eye sores. Thanks so much!

Please do not re-upload my houses or Sims anywhere, even if it is just refurnished.

Thank you for your consideration.
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 6:20 AM
Oh, I really really like it!! I hate big huge awkward bunky lights sometimes, it ruins the whole decoration of the room. This is neat!
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 6:42 AM
Indeed, clever idea. Look forward to using this. Thanks!
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 6:44 AM
Thanks heaps for this - I do have one that was on a free rotation at that place but I can't use it Cheers!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 6:57 AM
I love this and agree with everyone above this is excellent. I am also loading it into Sims Pet Stories. Thanks heaps!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 7:14 AM
Absolutley Brilliant !!!!!

I desperate want invisible light for my concert stage.

*HUGS*
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 7:23 AM
I've been using Windkeeper's mini-light for a long time, because I really HATE not being able to see what's going on because the lights are in the way. Thanks so much for making a free site mini-light; this is fabulous. And for your first mesh, too!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 7:47 AM
This is so useful! Thanks!

Sincerely,
<I>Mequila</I>
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 8:13 AM
Very useful. Thanks alot!
Test Subject
#13 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 8:31 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 3rd Aug 2007 at 8:48 AM. Reason: is a thanks post
This is totally awesome! Great job!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 8:59 AM
Love the idea, but it doesn't seem to work with the base game alone. (Unless something is wrong with my system)
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 9:40 AM
Dear Senesi, you made really a great job! This light is very useful, I like invisible lights... Thank you for sharing with us 1
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 9:42 AM
I LOVE YOU! Thanks for sharing :D
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 10:16 AM
congrats on your first mesh, senesi! it's a really brilliant idea! almost never i was using any ceiling lights, because they were just annoying....so thanx a lot!
Theorist
#18 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 11:10 AM
Congreatz! This is Great! No More annoying Bulbs! WOOOO!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 12:44 PM
Thank you! Tiny lights are wonderful, and I particularly love the fact that this one is at full brightness.

Always choose short hairstyles for your clothing models!
My Sims 1 stuff is still available, because some still play the original game.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 1:50 PM
Awesome idea. Thanks bunches!
Alchemist
#21 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 2:05 PM
It is really tiny! Brilliant! Thank you,
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 3:59 PM
Aww its like a baby light!lol its soo cute
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amy.M
Love the idea, but it doesn't seem to work with the base game alone. (Unless something is wrong with my system)

No nothing is wrong with your system, I have loaded the base game onto my husband's computer and am working on a base game version. Sorry for this, but thank you so much for letting me know. I greatly appreciate it and I will get the other one done soon.

I will play my sims today, then clean my house tomorrow...
Theorist
#24 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 5:21 PM
This is wonderful! It was so awkward trying to set up realistic screenshots because that little EA ceiling light is simply too low. I was feeling I needed to do something about it too, but you have saved me a lot of bother. Excellant - a favourite download for sure!

BTW, your signature line is priceless!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 5:30 PM
perfect, thank you. there is an "invisible" recolor of that particular Maxis light, but when it's on it looks ....weird. you'd have to download it to know.
Page 1 of 3