Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

1957 Chevy Convertible

by Dr Pixel Posted 7th Aug 2007 at 3:45 PM - Updated 4th Jan 2009 at 2:18 PM by Dr Pixel

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 3:56 PM
It's actually very pretty! Silly word for a car, but there you go. Thank you for sharing it.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 3:53 PM
Awesome Dr.Pixel! This is a great classic car! Fantastic! I love all your cars! Magnificant work as always, you've done it again! Thank you :D
Forum Resident
#4 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 3:54 PM
great job, as usual I love old cars. Thanks!

"I will gather my wounds forge the end of tragic comedy"
AM
Instructor
#5 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 4:12 PM
Beautiful car, the fifties had some of the best cars. Thanks Dr. Pixel!

Please do not upload any of my lots to the exchange, or any other site.
If you would like to see more of my lots click here.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 4:29 PM
Ab-so-lu-te-ly fabulous! The 1957 Chevy is one of my favourite cars of all time, it's great to have it in the game. Thanks a ton.

"Sometimes the solution / is worse than the problem"
-- Pet Shop Boys, "Twentieth Century"
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 4:47 PM
Ooooh You and Fresh Prince make my game worth playing! I love this car, its exactelly the kind of cars i love putting into my urban gangsta 'hood AND the other ones! I love the car, thanks!
Instructor
#8 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 5:05 PM
Oh wow, these are amazing! I especially love the purple.

desperation makes you look like a tool

Exclusive downloads available only at Phasmatic Sims!
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 5:15 PM
This is my dream car, Im so excited to have it in my game. Just one question. Im wondering how Seasons ep effects the car and those driving it.? I have passed by convertibles before because I have Seasons installed and didnt know how that would work.. But I have to have this car..
I had no idea it ever came in a purple, probably called some kind of plum, I have never seen it in that color, I always use to want a red one, but now I want the purple one.
Thanks again, you Rock...
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 5:19 PM
Lovely car. Thanks for sharing it.

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 5:23 PM
Oh this is GREAT! This car takes me back to my teenage days. I always thought they were so sexy. (the car, not my teenage days. lol)
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#12 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 5:34 PM
WOW! Another great classic car Doc... and the purple one really caught my attention.
Thank you very much

Retired from Simming
Forum Resident
#13 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 5:44 PM
YAY, a convertible 57 with white wall tires, fabulous job on it, I love it!!!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 5:52 PM
This is one of the coolest cars i've seen! Great work and Thanks for sharing.
Alchemist
#15 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 6:10 PM
It is irresistible! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 6:13 PM
Just beautiful! Do you intend to do a hardtop as well? For the 150 and 210 to work nicely with?
Field Researcher
#17 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 7:02 PM
Awesome.. I LOVE vintage cars. Thanks!
Scholar
#18 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 7:41 PM
Very nice job on this car! Thanks very much for creating and sharing it.
Instructor
#19 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 8:03 PM
Nice vintage, I like it, awesome job, thank you Dr. Pixel!

Please do not re-upload my houses or Sims anywhere, even if it is just refurnished.

Thank you for your consideration.
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 9:26 PM
thanks a ton., my sims will enjoy this sweet ride
Forum Resident
#21 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 9:27 PM
Woooottt this is freakin awesome! Thanks so much for your hard work! Classic cars live on...

Sims Utopia...where your sims dreams become reality!

Click above to check out my site for more updates :)

New Roleplay site Sims Utopia the town that never dies..
Forum Resident
#22 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 12:23 AM
Cheers Dr. P this is superb & a worthy addition to any Sim's Garage!...

B.T.W, the '57 Chevy has to be one of my all time favourite American cars too - so many thanks for this TS-2 version - brilliant work as always!.

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 3:45 AM
Thank you thank you thank you! You just absolutely made my day! This has been my favorite car since I was 10 yrs old. It's gorgeous and you did a superb job!!!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 4:14 AM
What a beautiful car! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creations.
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ileya333
This is my dream car, Im so excited to have it in my game. Just one question. Im wondering how Seasons ep effects the car and those driving it.? I have passed by convertibles before because I have Seasons installed and didnt know how that would work.. But I have to have this car..
I had no idea it ever came in a purple, probably called some kind of plum, I have never seen it in that color, I always use to want a red one, but now I want the purple one.
Thanks again, you Rock...

I have Seasons, and there aren't any problems with it. Although, of course, it does look a bit odd to see your Sims driving with the top down in the rain or snow... Snow doesn't pile up on cars anyway, even if you leave it out on an open driveway, and when Sims go for a ride it doesn't seem to affect them either. And to be perfectly honest, there have been a few times that I have ridden in a top-down convertible while there was snow on the ground - it's not so bad if you have the heat on full :D

The purple most likely wasn't an original color option, but I have seen a couple of them in a similar color and I liked it too, so I included it. The only color chart I could find was a .jpg image of a photo of a page of an old paint color chart, and all the colors looked a bit off. There was one called Canyon Coral that looked sorta close to purple (actually it was more like a muddy purplish brown) so I used a bit of artistic license
Page 1 of 2