Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Screen Walls - Requested

by rebecah Posted 11th Aug 2007 at 4:59 PM - Updated 30th Nov 2007 at 12:57 PM by rebecah : added halfscreen wall

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 5:11 PM
Oh, very nice rebecah.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:00 PM
Another thing I love about you .... you really do pay very much attention to people's comments
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sim_plicity
Another thing I love about you .... you really do pay very much attention to people's comments

I do try...I miss a few but I do check the comments on a regular basis. Sometimes I have a hard time keeping up.
Alchemist
#5 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:17 PM
I love your white screen walls. Looks great for a front porch.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 11:13 PM
These are great! Thank you for listening to Kimdelee. :D
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 12:58 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 12th Aug 2007 at 4:03 PM. Reason: is a thanks post
Gah, we think too much the same. As soon as I saw that screen door come out, I was like, crap she's gonna do screened walls and beat me to it again! They look great, good job!
Instructor
#8 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 2:35 AM
Out of curiosity, do these still function as greenhouse walls?
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by akatonbo
Out of curiosity, do these still function as greenhouse walls?

Yes, you could use them for greenhouses if you wanted.
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 8:11 AM
i have been looking for something like this for ages. I can finally have a real looking porch! Thanks bunches!
Inventor
#11 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 3:57 PM
Very nice - and I did a recolour in a darker wood, and it does the same thing with walls down - so it isn't just a you problem. It seems to be a part of the greenhouse walls themselves.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Reyn
Very nice - and I did a recolour in a darker wood, and it does the same thing with walls down - so it isn't just a you problem. It seems to be a part of the greenhouse walls themselves.

Thanks, yes it seems to have something to do with the greenhouse walls themselves. I can't seem to find anyway to change how they work. It may also be the way SimPE pulls the information.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#13 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 1:18 AM
The problem is that SimPE doesn't clone correctly these unusual fences.

I've purposely created a Greenhouse Fence Cloning Template that will solve your problems
In the mentioned thread you will find also all the info about why cloned fence flash blue.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 3:38 AM
Wow! Thanks so very much Numenor!
Instructor
#15 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 9:46 PM
You are an absolute darling. I needed these. Thank you.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 11:34 PM
The screen walls are great thank you

Beehive
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 7:31 PM
Now my dreams of a screened in sun room are being realized!

*Mwahahahackcoughwheezepassout*

Sorry... I get excited easily

Thank You for your hard work.

:lovestruc ,Chibi

My love for you was so deep, It nearly destroyed me.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 11:34 PM Last edited by Mimi52861 : 15th Jun 2008 at 5:46 PM.
I just started a new project of building some apartment homes I used to live & work at. Some of the apartments have sunrooms while others have screened-in porches. I was making them all sunrooms, until I found your fantastic screen door & these screen walls. With your creations I can now make my apartments more realistic than ever. Thank you so very much for all your hard work. Your creations are fantastic & I appreciate your attention to detail.

I do have a request, if it's possible to do. I would LOVE it if you could make the screen walls to include half wall/half screen (bottom half a solid wall with the screen part on top half) like a half wall with screen at the top, and half fence/half screen (bottom half fence-like posts (lattace) with top half screened).

Basically what I want is new half walls that look like screen on top & solid wall or lattace on bottom. I would want to be able to apply any wall color to the bottom half, like we already do on EAxis made half walls & recoloring the lattace would be nice too. I know I'm asking a lot & I don't even know if it's possible, but I would be ever so grateful if you could!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 1:44 AM Last edited by wolfsim68 : 29th Oct 2007 at 12:09 AM.
Hi Rebecah,

I just wanted to thank you for using my house in your pictures! I'm really glad you like it!

Love & Hugs,
Shaz

I love to build small, elegant lots & neighbourhoods with No Custom Content & Hack Free. You can find them at my Minisite at TSR.
Instructor
#20 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 9:55 AM
My Sims have wanted these for a long time and we can't thank you enough! They're perfect!

* Pickles *
Field Researcher
#21 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 4:17 PM
Thank you for taking my request & making the half wall, it looks great in my game!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Scholar
#22 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 12:41 AM
Oh, Cool! I Can Make Screen Rooms Now! ThankYou! :D

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 4:09 AM
Now I have and even better reason to get the Seasons EP. Thank-you
Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 2:32 PM
I LOVE YOU!Oh my goodness, I have been looking around for screen walls so I can make a porch and I saw your most recent post, thus discovering this download! Seriously this made my day, thank you soo much!
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 5:19 PM
Yessss! Thank you!
Page 1 of 2