Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Meet the Art of Banksy !

by Pixelhate Posted 19th Aug 2007 at 2:30 PM - Updated 13th Jun 2011 at 6:21 PM by Pixelhate

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 10:39 AM
These paintings are wonderful and it seems to me that every painting has a meaning. Thank you, pixelhate, for introducing us the art of Banksy. I've never heard of him until now
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 10:49 AM
I didn't know Banksy before.

This is absolutely COOL stuff. It's more than worth taking a look on the website as well.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Mey
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 12:16 PM
Glad to be useful !

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 1:52 PM Last edited by rhldavies : 20th Aug 2007 at 9:46 PM.
Bansky is one of my favourite artists ever. Thanks for making these available in game!

[R.I.P. Munti 25/01/08 - You made me a better person. I miss you so much it hurts]
Alchemist
#6 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 2:11 PM
Banksy is great! Thanks,
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 2:29 PM
you are awesome Banksy is win. thanks so much for these!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 10:00 PM
Banksy needs more fame
thanks for these!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 8:09 PM
I checked out the website - cool stuff!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 4:32 AM
The message his artwork sends is just.... it's beautiful. Thank You for sharing his artwork with the Sims 2 community. Now if only I could figure out how to add his fairytale cottage picture...

My love for you was so deep, It nearly destroyed me.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 6:02 AM
I hesitate to include the picture you mention and finallly renonced. but you're welcome to do, should be easy by following this tutorial : http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=95015

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Mad Poster
#12 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 7:44 AM
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pixelhate
I hesitate to include the picture you mention and finallly renonced. but you're welcome to do, should be easy by following this tutorial : http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=95015

Awww! I didn't mention that in hopes you would do it but thank you for even considering it! If I ever give a go at it I will show it off to you, Is that a cool deal? *huggles you* So Sweet!

My love for you was so deep, It nearly destroyed me.
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 8:00 PM
the couple dancing on the beach is my fave painting,
much thanks :D
Field Researcher
#15 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 10:48 AM
Have you heard about the painting of Banksy that recently was auctioned off? It was on a wall, and the entire wall has been purchased for over £200,000! It's crazy, now the winning bidder is supposed to find a way to take down the wall, intact, and put it in his private collection.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7188387.stm
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 7:13 PM
Aaah ! success, success

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 2:22 AM
These are terrible!! Thank you so much! (terrible i.e. so strange it's awesome)

I think everybody should like everybody. ~Andy Worhol (Go Pittsburgh!!)

98% of teens have drank or been around alcohol. Put this in your signature if you like bagels.

"I don't want to do good things, I want to do great things." -- Lex Luthor
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 2:22 AM
^ that probably makes no sense.

I think everybody should like everybody. ~Andy Worhol (Go Pittsburgh!!)

98% of teens have drank or been around alcohol. Put this in your signature if you like bagels.

"I don't want to do good things, I want to do great things." -- Lex Luthor
Mad Poster
#19 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 3:04 PM
funny and meaningful!

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 8:54 PM
I love love love Banksy, thank you! I'm actually writing a paper on him for one of my classes, lol. Anyway, these are great. Now I just need to get me some of these prints IRL. ;3
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 8:33 AM
Banksy is awesome, seriously. I have his book and LOVE his art (both street and traditional) I think i just might get these ;p
Test Subject
#22 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 6:29 PM
the picture of the couple dancing on the beach looks llike 'The Singing Butler' by Jack Vettriano:
http://images.easyart.com/i/prints/...ize--205025.jpg

Actually, they look exactly the same, apart from the maid/two guys.
Are they linked?
fd
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 1:37 AM
Yes, several pieces of Banksy are reinterpretation of classical pieces. (Like Van Gogh's tournesols.) That's part of his approach...

Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 10:38 AM
I love your style - And I love Banksy ! Thanks !
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 6:07 AM
You. Are. Amazing.
Page 1 of 2