Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No More Sims Memories Clear

by Alexx58 Posted 20th Aug 2007 at 9:00 PM - Updated 28th Apr 2008 at 10:00 PM by Alexx58

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 12:23 AM
We haven't had memory loss, exactly. What we have had is relationship loss. My sister accidentally picked up the house of one of her sims. All memories stayed in tack. However all relationships where lossed. My sister got fed up when her sim, Kira, got chemistry with Finn, Kira's older brother. George, Kira's husband, had no family (townie store clerk), but we only just got the relationships back in sink so that Kira's family recognizes her and her two kids as family. Considering how frustrating that was, I can imagine this is equally frustrating. Thank you. I may get this just in case.
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 6:26 AM
I have a question, does this prevent children from losing memories if theyre taken by the social worker? A toddler of mine was taken, and then adopted by a different family, but she didnt have the "Learned to walk" and talk memories. (Even though she DID walk around in gameplay).
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 8:08 AM
yeah, a mod for that would be great.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by astonished lemons
I have a question, does this prevent children from losing memories if theyre taken by the social worker? A toddler of mine was taken, and then adopted by a different family, but she didnt have the "Learned to walk" and talk memories. (Even though she DID walk around in gameplay).

I've not tested situation with social worker(because it is not ordinary situation),but almost sure that must work too.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 1:45 AM
I seem to be having a problem with this, My sims are getting triple marriage and engagement memories, they are sims right out of cas, my girlfriend also married a cas sim to a Contessa Vampire and the vamp had the same issue, its only been happening since we put in this hack

Rich

Do you like my content? Do you want to buy me a coffee?
Please click this link and help me out:
http://paypal.me/Rich246
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Macey246
I seem to be having a problem with this, My sims are getting triple marriage and engagement memories, they are sims right out of cas, my girlfriend also married a cas sim to a Contessa Vampire and the vamp had the same issue, its only been happening since we put in this hack

Rich

This mod can't generate any sims memories,but only prevent to clear them.Check with HCDU for possible hack conflicts.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 11:41 AM
losing memories was often a problem for my simmies....so thank u for this mod!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 9:50 AM
Has anyone else found that it sometimes makes a sim not be able to do anything?

There is no spoon
Test Subject
#10 Old 31st Jan 2008 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teirrah1995
Has anyone else found that it sometimes makes a sim not be able to do anything?
YES! our sims cant use the phone now! Axel and Cloe had to get married with just Demyx and Luxord watching

HEY PPL!!!!!!!!!! I CHANGED MY ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!! if you need to pm me plz do so at this link:
http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=2190788
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 5:11 AM
Vermin! Vermin! Vermin! Vermin! About 5 times more of that and thats what you get when you have ONE pack of roaches inside your house... I'm still thinking of downloading it but I'm not so sure about the phone thing. But one thing is for sure: SIMS WOULD SURELY DIE OF SOCIAL STARVATION WITHOUT PHONES! Your intentions were good, but I think I'll wait until I hear this disabled actions stuff is fixed.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd May 2008 at 5:22 PM
Does this work for adoption too?
Such as if the sim got taken by the cow the social worker then readopted would it still have memories?

Chant Chant Chant Chant Love War Fear Hate - Mob War Kill Hate - Chant Chant Chant Chant
All you ever get is all you steal - Side of London that the tourists never see...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd May 2008 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fodderstompf
Does this work for adoption too?
Such as if the sim got taken by the cow the social worker then readopted would it still have memories?

I think must work.
Scholar
#14 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 7:54 AM
Wow, convenient.

I can finally enjoy my Sims without the need to restart everyday.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 3:48 PM
hilarious, I was looking for a magical mod that can cause memory loss in sims so I won't have to use SimPE or whatever every time I want to get rid of bad/stupid memories. Instead I found this. just wanted to share 'cause I thought it was funny...sorry if nobody else agrees
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 10:10 AM
Does it work with the latest EP's? M&G and AL?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 10:43 PM
Ehm no maty??

Just happy being around at ModTheSims2, getting a chance to get creative downloads, for my game. Mia.
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 12:41 PM
Double memory for new family. Game: University + NightLife + Business.
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 12:24 AM
Hello 2014, this works just fine with me! I have all eps and sps installed, no double memory or loss of phone activity. I haven't completely tested it since I just convert a few playables to townies, yet not vice-versa. However, I'm glad to report they all conserve their memories, and that alone is perfect for me, since squinge mod wasn't conserving them. What else should I say? I have a heavely modded game, with maty,non maty stuff +inteen(not that it has anything to do with memory losing) and yes, Alexx mod works great.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 3:29 PM
I don't know if you'll ever see this, but I look forward to trying this mod out. Thank you for sharing with us a way to prevent memory loss, even for townies we make. I look forward to testing this out in my game. :)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#21 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 8:38 PM
TY. No more first woohoo when they already had a kid :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 1:29 PM
I've played a bit with this mod installed and I haven't noticed any problems.
Thank you!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 10:24 PM
Just tried this mod out in game. It does let my townies keep their memories even when I poke at them with the teleporter, which is exactly what I needed it to do.

It does, however, add duplicate "Got Engaged" and "Got Married" memories to CAS couples upon move in:

But does nothing at all to the functions of my sim's phones; phones are working exactly as phones should.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rich246

Rich

With mods like this, the sim will get the memory at the time, and then after they move in, they still get the new memories that the game gives freshly-moved in sims. As for the CAS thing, if you've connected and disconnected them in the family tree, they'll retain every marriage as a new one.

I was hoping this mod came with a fix for that which would put it above the other ones, but it doesn't look like it.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 4th Feb 2020 at 3:24 AM
This mod is absolutely necessary. I always make sure to grab it when I have to start a new installation of the sims
Page 1 of 2